The Official Draft Day Thread

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I was in Indy for the AFC Championship game, but I didn't wear a jersey.  The night before the game I was dressed business casual as my friend and I had dinner at the St. Elmo Steakhouse (where by coincidence I met Darrelle Revis and ate in the same lower-level room as the entire defense, heard Woody Johnson's pep talk, the works).  Wore a Jets jacket and polo to the game itself, and after the tough loss went to a strip club and drowned my sorrows with booze and broads.

SAR I

image.jpeg.03b40c36cd2e81fd2ee5f7c84aafa79d.jpeg

22 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Seems like there is a lot of smoke about NO trading into the Top 10 for a QB

Would figure only shot they have would be Cincy, Miami, Detroit or Denver. Gotta figure Jax, Us, SF won't move, and Atlanta and Carolina would never help them. Doubt it would be for QB. Think for Parsons or Pitts.

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

My bookie has the Patriots with the best odds of drafting Fields. Nightmare scenario. 

I understand the inclination to be worried about that, but to be honest, I think my obsession with the Patriots is over. They are the third best team in the division right now and their hall of fame head coach is 69 years old. We also lost two 50/50 games to them last year. 

I personally think that fearing the Patriots at this point is unnecessary. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Least excited I've ever been about draft day, not because the Jets suck and I expect disaster, but because the entire draft has jumped the shark.  Between the hot take machines and the stupid nonsensical garbage that comes up these days, it's now the worst part of the season.  Even the format sucks.  1 round tonight?  really?  Cant wait to sit around and listen to these blow hards (might just have it on mute) grade and analyze every pick just to wait for the 23rd pick and then they trade out and we wait another 24 hours.

Go Jets! 

Same.

I'm actually going to be watching hockey tonight instead, and will check in here to see who we pick and decide whether I want to complain.

2 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

I tried those seltzers.  Not my thing.  Miller Lite every time.  

SAR is JN's Sargent Shriver. "Make mine a Courvoisier!" while campaigning in a working man's bar in Steel Town, PA.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Fat Mod Note: Yeah tonight will go better if we don’t resort to calling one another names and that will be easier if we don’t provoke one another. We are Jet fans and all in this crap together. If people can’t follow the rules they will be given the draft weekend off. 

3 hours ago, TeddEY said:

EY'S OFFICIAL ONE AND ONLY THREE ROUND MOCK DRAFT (NO TRADES)

1.2: Kwitty Paye, Michigan

1.23: Liam Eichenberg, ND

2.34: Trevor Moering, TCU

3.66: Creed Humphrey, Oklahoma

3.86: Justin Fields, OSU

Lol

No way "Kwitty" is a real name.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Since we're all in here:

AT PICK #23--

• _________ would make jump out of my chair and fist pump