The Official Draft Day Thread

@whodeawhodat

Becton could have gone top 5 to NYG and everyone in the media would have understood why. 

Heck Miami could have traded up for him and it would have made sense on some level the top of the draft being about who has the most upside. 

Cleveland at 10 probably went back and forth with Wills vs Becton. I'd have to imagine that discussion was lively

JD at 11 had 2 tackles left Becton and Wirfs and he went with the biggest dude on the planet who runs a 5.1

on some level it's possible to overthink the scouting process

I believe it was 

@Dcat who asked if JD can be such a good scout of OL why not wait until later 

the contrary is also true, maybe JD, as a good OL scout, looked at Becton at 11 and wondered how this dude wasn't taken 6 picks prior. 

they probably were all ready to take Ruggs. But the value on Becton is higher positionally, sparq-wise and there's no Becton in the 2nd round. 

heck there's no Becton for 10-20 years. Guys like him simply don't exist. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

******* surreal. It's like the NFL made a parody just to mess with people, but somehow it's real.

being green sesame street GIF

I play that video every draft day for my son who was not alive for most of that idiocy.  Best parts for me are the loud groans from the Jet fans and Roselle's face before he announces the pick.  He knows what's coming and can't fully suppress the grin.

EDIT:  Longer version with more lunacy. lol

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I play that video every draft day for my son who was not alive for most of that idiocy.  Best parts for me are the loud groans from the Jet fans and Roselle's face before he announces the pick.  He knows what's coming and can't fully suppress the grin.

EDIT:  Longer version with more lunacy. lol

Well it's a good way to teach a child about disappointment, and the value of a good analytics department that takes into account positional value. "see son, that is why you never take a FB in the first round"... "hey dad, what about safety"...

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I tried joining the zoom call last night, I couldn’t get off mute..Lol.   Saw some of you guys and listened to @Paradis rant for a little while, then I exited.  Will try again tonight.  

Let me know what your screen name is. I can unmute you when I see you in the room. Some people  line to stay on mute so I don't  generally  do that.

• 1 year later...

LETS F*CKING GO JETS! Real excited even though it's one of the least mysterious selections in NFL history. We have two firsts, and other than that the draft promises a lot of twists. Though they might not be on our team, I'm eager to find out where all the top QB's land and when they do. 

So Let's all be civil, and have a good time. It's one of the best days of the year, especially for a team that gives little to be excited about during actual play (For now ?)!

I'm going to root for whichever QB, and position player we pick (probably Wilson at the very least). Just a heads up, the QB we end up picking is the best in the class, and will hold that distinction unless well... he's not. Gonna pray to multiple deities that we get this right and don't have to worry about the position for well over a decade. Seems like our FO has done it's homework and reached a clear consensus through film, interviews, workouts etc. They have the most on the line right now. Douglas' Job and legacy rests on picking the right guy at 2. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'll get behind and be excited for either one of Wilson/Fields but I'll become A+ electric if we draft Najee Harris/Travis Etienne with our Seattle pick (Jamal Adams) followed by either one of Terrace Marshall Jr/Rondale Moore with our 2nd round pick. 

Use both 3rd(s) on O-Line. 

Sign me up but not fan of those WR...give me someone good.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1