Week 1 Sams int's... over/under against Jets!

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If Darnold and the Panthers beat the Jets week one the new Qb, Head coach and GM of the Jets will obviously instantly be on notice for losing to the worst Qb this league has seen in a decade.

The "Ghost of Sam" will be hunting us forever.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The following QBs had the same or more ints than Sam Darnold last year:

Carson Wentz

Drew Lock

Russel Wilson

Jared Goff

Kirk Cousins

Kyler Murray

Nick Mullins

Tom Brady

Matt Ryan

Phillip Rivers

Teddy Bridgewater

The Disdain for Sam Darnold has totally taken over peoples brains on this site it seems.

If Darnold and the Panthers beat the Jets week one the new Qb, Head coach and GM of the Jets will obviously instantly be on notice for losing to the worst Qb this league has seen in a decade.

They will 100% beat  the Jets week one. It’s still the Jets. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Sam Darnold has started 38  NFL games. He had a "clean" game with no turnovers 14 times -- he turned the ball over at least once 24 times with 13 of those games featuring multiple turnovers. 

And of those 14 "clean" games? Four of them he didn't throw a touchdown pass, so they weren't exactly good performances, just ones where he didn't do much.

But that's the Jets fault! they cry. Except in college Darnold had 36 turnovers in 27 starts.

He may play a clean game -- but the numbers don't favor the likelihood.

That's okay... I'll stick with my statement... Zero turnovers for Sam against the Jets in week 1. 

• Thumb Down 1

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Talk about a thread full of bad juju... 

Pretty shytty.

Jets Fans are dumb and love walking under ladders, breaking mirrors, and poking the Devil in the eye. 

No wonder we're a cursed franchise with this lot.

In before the inevitable, annual "I hope Brady tears both ACL's this year" karma-buster thread.

• Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Not a bad kid at all but definitely Californian, confused, and seeing ghosts.

How does that play out when he sees his old team's uniforms in the first game of the season!?

I'm going with one fumble and three int's....

For the record the reason why I like Zach, is in the last decade we haven't had a QB that can interview. It's like night and day.

Definitely good for at least 2 or 3 and his customary head shrugs

7 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Sam Darnold has started 38  NFL games. He had a "clean" game with no turnovers 14 times -- he turned the ball over at least once 24 times with 13 of those games featuring multiple turnovers. 

And of those 14 "clean" games? Four of them he didn't throw a touchdown pass, so they weren't exactly good performances, just ones where he didn't do much.

But that's the Jets fault! they cry. Except in college Darnold had 36 turnovers in 27 starts.

I was just about to say the same thing before I read your post.  Remember, even when Sam played very well, he still has the tendency to commit turnovers.  We all remember his first game against Detroit, and he threw a pick 6 right at the beginning of the game.  He ended up playing a great game, but it is unfortunately a tendency for him.

I think that the defensive front will be able to  put pressure on Sam, and this can play into the Jets favor with Sam.  

I believe the game will come down to the 4th quarter, and which team can control the clock in the waning minutes of the game.  I see it as a 3 point game.

I give the edge to Carolina, since Darnold is the veteran QB, and Zach is likely to commit a turnover at an inopportune time, or fail to move the chains at the end of the game to get into field goal range.

I usually like to be right, and hate to be wrong, but I pray that I am wrong here.  It would be very depressing to me if the Jets lost to Carolina and Sam Darnold.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It does when you factor in how bad our secondary  is

9 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

How does that play out when he sees his old team's uniforms in the first game of the season!?

For the record the reason why I like Zach, is in the last decade we haven't had a QB that can interview. It's like night and day.

Lol what? Hav you seen our secondary? It’s worse than the 2020 Raiders secondary and Mono had his best game of 2020 against them. Be prepared for 250 yards 2TDs and zero turnovers. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

He won't fumble, but you nailed the Int's, I'll take the over just like his career.........

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The following QBs had the same or more ints than Sam Darnold last year:

Carson Wentz

Drew Lock

Russel Wilson

Jared Goff

Kirk Cousins

Kyler Murray

Nick Mullins

Tom Brady

Matt Ryan

Phillip Rivers

Teddy Bridgewater

The Disdain for Sam Darnold has totally taken over peoples brains on this site it seems.

Didn’t some of these guys play a 16 game slate?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Alka said:

I was just about to say the same thing before I read your post.  Remember, even when Sam played very well, he still has the tendency to commit turnovers.  We all remember his first game against Detroit, and he threw a pick 6 right at the beginning of the game.  He ended up playing a great game, but it is unfortunately a tendency for him.

I think that the defensive front will be able to  put pressure on Sam, and this can play into the Jets favor with Sam.  

I believe the game will come down to the 4th quarter, and which team can control the clock in the waning minutes of the game.  I see it as a 3 point game.

I give the edge to Carolina, since Darnold is the veteran QB, and Zach is likely to commit a turnover at an inopportune time, or fail to move the chains at the end of the game to get into field goal range.

I usually like to be right, and hate to be wrong, but I pray that I am wrong here.  It would be very depressing to me if the Jets lost to Carolina and Sam Darnold.

Or even the cowboys game which was my personal favorites, he there a BRUTAL interception 

11 hours ago, genot said:

If people we're so sure about thier negative opinion about Darnold they would be no need to constantly bring him up. Some where in the back of your mind,  it concerns you that Darnold will perform well, and make his detractors here, eat some serious crow.

Yeah I don’t get it.  Sam is gone so we should move on.  We have a new QB we should be focused on yet many still have our old QB on their minds it’s weird ? 

• Sympathy 1