No deal close for Jamal Adams?

Khalil Mack, Laremy Tunsil, and Jalen Ramsey are the 3 other players who were recently traded in a deal that included two 1st round picks going back.  Below is what their average salaries ended up being after signing extensions with their new teams:

E6CE1iaWYAA2eW2?format=png&name=900x900

lolSeattle.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Khalil Mack, Laremy Tunsil, Jalen Ramsey:  The 3 other recent players who were traded for two 1st round picks, and what their average salary ended up being after signing extensions with their new teams:

E6CE1iaWYAA2eW2?format=png&name=900x900

lolSeattle.

Those deals are terrible for the teams.

You are giving up prime assets to then pay premium money for the player.  

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's very interesting to me that Pete Carroll is the one getting assigned blame for trades, particularly the Adams trade, and not GM John Schneider.  It at least partly explains why Schneider got extended earlier in the offseason.  Sounds like he's mostly just a yes man for Carroll, and only handles certain aspects of the GM role.  

Pete is the de facto GM when it comes to personnel, always has been.  He was also behind the Percy Harvin trade, another terrible trade.  He overvalues a singular player at times to the detriment of the team.  His thinking that he’s only “a player away” clouds his judgement.  

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's very interesting to me that Pete Carroll is the one getting assigned blame for trades, particularly the Adams trade, and not GM John Schneider.  It at least partly explains why Schneider got extended earlier in the offseason.  Sounds like he's mostly just a yes man for Carroll, and only handles certain aspects of the GM role.  

Don't kid yourself.  Pete Carroll made this trade.  He has supreme power over there. When Pete Carroll wants a toy, they get it for him, no questions asked.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

True.  At least you can say that in the case of those 3 players, all play premium positions.  

They do, and to build a team you need talent at premium positions.

However, to have a deep roster, you need to have players giving more value than their cap hit.   You can have well paid players, but to give up huge draft picks (which should result in players performing above their cap hit) AND give the mega contracts far beyond what the previous max salary at that position, you can't build a team that way.

Tunsil is the worst, because he is not an elite left tackle (not a top 3), and now he makes several million more than the next highest paid LT in the league.  Which is why the Texans are the Texans.

• Upvote 2

On 7/11/2021 at 5:10 AM, MichaelScott said:

Why is he not eligible for a franchise tag? This season is under his 5th year option, I believe. So why couldn't they franchise him next year? 

NO ONE sits out. The only person that had the guts to follow through with that was Bell and it effectively ended his career the day he went through with it. No one, ESPECIALLY Jamal Adams is giving up a year salary and eligibility only to be able to be tagged again. Gets him no where.

Seattle owns his ass just like the Jets did. The Jets were just blessed with the chance to turn that loser into a goldmine. Sea won't be able to do that. Best they can hope for is getting back some of their losses when they made the mistake of trading for a player that doesn't make your D better with a Revis sized ego. At least Revis could actually singlehandedly change a D. 

Once again, Jamal has no real leverage aside from the fact that no matter what they do, Sea has to deal with the fact they made a horrible trade. And not for nothing, anyone in Sea FO is WELL AWARE they made a mistake trading for him. It's just a matter of it being acknowledged publicly now that it's gonna get messy.

the Bell experience is going to scare a bunch of folks who are thinking about sitting out a year.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Maybe Gettleman needs to start listening to the analytics nerds.

Dby02SLVQAII92n.jpg

Gettleman's reputation is completely based on Cam Newton having an absolute transcendent MVP year with garbage weapons around him. Gettlemen is the Sam Darnold of GMs.

Freshman Sam Darnold is the fresh face USC needs

Although I do respect Gettleman's "don't fuggin care" attitude in the draft -- same with Dorsey. He goes with his convictions. He's the anti-Macc who drafted like he picked copy of Kiper's big board off the printer on the way to the draft room.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, batman10023 said:

the Bell experience is going to scare a bunch of folks who are thinking about sitting out a year.

Unless there is ever a new CBA with different ramifications/consequences for sitting out, to be honest I think the Bell experience will stop anyone from ever willingly sitting out a year again.  You're talking about someone who was literally a lock for the HOF in the prime of his career when he sat out a year and ended up effectively ending his career and HOF resume when he took that year off.

Yeah, he got his pay day with the Jets but didn't see most of that contact and now seemingly can't get a roster spot for a vet minimum. I do think he'll play this year. Some contender will get hit with an injury and pick him up for the hell of it but he'll be making peanuts. Maybe someone like the Ravens if their guy gets banged up. 

Actually, come to think of it, now that he's publicly thrown Andy Reid under the bus, he very well  might not get a offer from anyone, injury or not. He's shown himself to be the same sh*t talking malcontent he used to be, except now he's not even any good anymore. In all seriousness I think Gore gets signed before Bell!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Finally the media starting to see the light, from nfl.com article talked about who should get new deals then right at the end...

Jamal Adams
Jamal Adams
Seattle Seahawks · SS · 25 years old

I'm tossing in one extra player here. However, it's one who SHOULD NOT get a raise this year. 

A Pro Bowler the last three seasons, the former Jet has been a bright spot no matter the uniform he's wearing. That said, the bottom line is Adams' skill set didn't transform the Seahawks' defense last season, although it did improve in the second half of the season when Adams returned from a four-game absence. His best attribute is his pass-rushing skills, while he's limited in coverage. That's not ideal for a safety. The Seahawks have already given up too much for Adams, trading away a number of assets, including two first-round picks. I realize this might be a tough pill to swallow for the franchise, but instead of doubling down on the safety by paying him big money, Seattle should cut its losses by letting him finish out his current deal and hit free agency in 2022. Someone will pay him. It just shouldn't be the Seahawks.

AMEN BRUDDA 

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Finally the media starting to see the light, from nfl.com article talked about who should get new deals then right at the end...

Jamal Adams
Jamal Adams

I'm tossing in one extra player here. However, it's one who SHOULD NOT get a raise this year. 

A Pro Bowler the last three seasons, the former Jet has been a bright spot no matter the uniform he's wearing. That said, the bottom line is Adams' skill set didn't transform the Seahawks' defense last season, although it did improve in the second half of the season when Adams returned from a four-game absence. His best attribute is his pass-rushing skills, while he's limited in coverage. That's not ideal for a safety. The Seahawks have already given up too much for Adams, trading away a number of assets, including two first-round picks. I realize this might be a tough pill to swallow for the franchise, but instead of doubling down on the safety by paying him big money, Seattle should cut its losses by letting him finish out his current deal and hit free agency in 2022. Someone will pay him. It just shouldn't be the Seahawks.

This is a nugget worth revisiting! Is he trying to pose after totally blowing the coverage? 

Below, All-Pro safety Jamal Adams took his turn and tried aggressively jamming Diggs at the line. It didn’t go well.”

D5979F34-2EDA-4B37-9388-ACD8E514B88B.jpeg

C5CCCDB5-BC40-487E-971A-DEB641313C01.gif

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

You do not care because you undoubtably were one of the many lovers of jamal that could not see the light.

The one truth on sports forums are the guys that say 'who cares' 'just move on' are the ones that look just terrible by being so wrong in their previous assessments.

I was right. 99% of you Jets fans were wrong. 

I was laughing at fans who wanted to trade Adams for "1 single first" to Dallas. ?

I was screaming at ppl telling Jets fans he's worth a K. Mack type of package.

My exact words were two 1st round picks + a 4th for Jamal. 

I was right.

I was MOCKED & LAUGHED at by genius Jets fans who told me "box Safety doesn't get you multiple 1st round picks".

And I can quote myself on it and bump that Dallas thread up too. But I'd rather not embarrass my own fan base who was begging for "pick #17" ?

JD did a little better than I predicted; he got me two 1sts and a 3rd (in exchange for a 4th).

And ever since the trade I've been extremely fired up and celebrating our two 1st round picks + our 3rd and I can bump up my mock drafts too. I love JD. 

But I'll never apologize for "being a lover" of an NY Jets All-Rookie, multiple x Pro-Bowler, multiple x All-Pro, everyone's Top NFL list (by experts instead of clueless football fans) and/or a player who gave me two 1st round picks + a 3rd to appreciate.

Fans such as myself appreciate Jamal Adams because if not for his play as a Jet we wouldn't have Alijah Vera-Tucker right now @ LG (who I've raved about) and we wouldn't have another 1st round pick next year who I'm extremely fired up for because it's going to become a TOP 10 pick.

I just think it's funny how Jets fans can't stop talking about a player on the Seahawks despite going on 2 years later you Jets fans talk about Jamal more than you do Alijah Vera-Tucker and/or our future 2022 1st round pick.

It's funny to me.

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

This is a nugget worth revisiting! Is he trying to pose after totally blowing the coverage? 

Below, All-Pro safety Jamal Adams took his turn and tried aggressively jamming Diggs at the line. It didn’t go well.”

D5979F34-2EDA-4B37-9388-ACD8E514B88B.jpeg

C5CCCDB5-BC40-487E-971A-DEB641313C01.gif

And they tell me Josh Allen is great.

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

99% of you Jets fans were wrong. 

I was screaming at ppl telling Jets fans he's worth a K. Mack type of package.

I was MOCKED & LAUGHED at by genius Jets fans 

it's funny how Jets fans can't stop talking about a player on the Seahawks

Spoken like a true Dolphins fan.  I assume you'll be breaking out the Zack Thomas jersey in your avatar again.   

18 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Jamal Adams
Jamal Adams

It's interesting how when Wilson threw a hissy fit about not having enough line help and the media took his side not once was it mentioned that trading two 1sts and paying Adams 20 mil a year may had and have an effect on that.

• Upvote 3

You want your FS to ball hawk and create INTs with game changing coverage ability. 

However you want your SS to pressure QBs. Hit QBs. Hurry QBs. Knockdown QBs. Sack QBs and also absolutely dominate against the run game with tackles for loss behind the L.O.S. 

And there's never been a SS who's done it better than Jamal Adams.

• Which is why professional sports writers selected him as an All-SEC 1st team SS.

• Which is why professional sports writers selected him to an NFL All-Rookie team.

• Which is why fans have voted him into the Pro-Bowl now 3x. 

• Which is why professional sports writers have selected him as an All-Pro now 3x. 

• Which is why professional sports writers have selected him into 3 different top 100 NFL player honors. 

• Which is why Jerry Jones offered a #17 overall pick.

• Which is why a SB winning Front Office in Seattle gave up two 1st round picks + a 3rd (and they knew EXACTLY what type of player and what time of beast STRONG SAFETY they were receiving in return; because they know Football (just like all the professional sports writers around America do) and you don't. 

And hell yes I'm thankful his great play as a JET netted us Alijah Vera-Tucker + next years 1st round pick but 99.9% of Jets fans don't even comprehend what an amazing STRONG SAFETY this kid truly is (but everyone else, does).

Jets fans can't even list me 10 SSs within Jets Franchise History dating back to the NY Titans days who have been more dominant than Jamal Adams @ SS...

1.) 

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)

What? You can't, can you?

(Do it so I can ? at you).