Jump to content

NFL Thursday night game


faba
 Share

Recommended Posts

Houston Texans to start rookie Davis Mills at QB on Thursday with Tyrod Taylor out

11:38 AM ET
  • ESPN
We get to see Darnold on the road how does he handle it going up against another rookie QB

Houston Texans rookie quarterback Davis Mills will make his first NFL start on Thursday night against the Carolina Panthers, coach David Culley said Tuesday.

Tyrod Taylor, who injured his hamstring in Week 2 against the Cleveland Browns, will not play, Culley said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cmon fam....We all knew Darnold would have a great year. You knew it, secretly we all knew it. 
If the Panthers make the playoffs this place may burn down...
It survived Pennington taking Miami to the playoffs. It can survive Sam D, unless he wins the Superbowl.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

aren't we overreacting again. 

dont we have to give Sam more than 2 games against bad teams just like Wilson needs more time?

what if he beats all the bad teams and loses against the good one?

what if he loses against...Dallas...Minn... NE.... Arizona.... Wash...Miami....Buffalo...TB twice...

he will be 7-9. is he still good? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, doitny said:

aren't we overreacting again. 

dont we have to give Sam more than 2 games against bad teams just like Wilson needs more time?

what if he beats all the bad teams and loses against the good one?

what if he loses against...Dallas...Minn... NE.... Arizona.... Wash...Miami....Buffalo...TB twice...

he will be 7-9. is he still good? 

If he wins all games against the bad teams, you think he won't win against any of the good teams?    Remember that he helped beat a playoff-calibre Rams team last season.  

2 hours ago, jgb said:

It'll be the defense's fault for letting a rookie beat them. Nothing is ever Sam's fault.

Actually, it would be the defense's fault, quite honestly.    Sam doesn't play Defense.

Sam throwing a pick would be his fault. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's always been a team sport.  But QB has also never been more important to that team effort, and Darnold finished the 2020 season ranked QB # 36, after ranking as QB # 32 the two years prior.  Sue us.  

Meanwhile, 1 OK game followed by 1 very good game does not negate 38 mostly awful games.  If 38 starts wasn't enough to say whether Darnold was good enough, then 2 starts in his 4th season don't prove he's actually good.  Let's see how the final 15 go before people go anointing him.  

Nobody is annointing anybody. He's a different  QB with the Panthers. He's been coached. He has some playmakers. Makes a difference 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Who is anointing him? So far the guy has played better with a better team around him and better coaching and his team is 2-0.

A lot of guys on here blamed everything on offense on Darnold the last two years and when you brought up the fact that it's a team game you were mocked. A lot of those same guys are now making the argument that Darnold has nothing to do with the Panthers winning. Glad we can all finally agree it's a team game.

Remember when Sam threw a couple picks in his first practice in July and Jets fans were starting threads to mock him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Vin said:

If he wins all games against the bad teams, you think he won't win against any of the good teams?    Remember that he helped beat a playoff-calibre Rams team last season.  

Actually, it would be the defense's fault, quite honestly.    Sam doesn't play Defense.

Sam throwing a pick would be his fault. 

we dont know what he is. but anything can happen on any given Sunday.

im just saying take it with a grain of salt where these 2.... sorry 3 wins are coming from.

the same team that Teddy B had last year and won 5 games with. btw Teddy is 2-0 and has played well. but like Sam he has played not very good teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/21/2021 at 5:09 PM, JETSY14 said:

Your suppose to win vs bad and mediocre teams... that's what Darnold is doing

And the Jets couldn't even do that last season....with Darnold.

I guess having actual talent surround your QB *is* important apparently.    *glaring daggers at Joe D.*

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/21/2021 at 12:08 PM, faba said:

Houston Texans to start rookie Davis Mills at QB on Thursday with Tyrod Taylor out

11:38 AM ET
  • ESPN
We get to see Darnold on the road how does he handle it going up against another rookie QB

Houston Texans rookie quarterback Davis Mills will make his first NFL start on Thursday night against the Carolina Panthers, coach David Culley said Tuesday.

Tyrod Taylor, who injured his hamstring in Week 2 against the Cleveland Browns, will not play, Culley said.

Sammy will show his true colors against Houston.  3 Ints

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...