Who is Zachs Hopkins or Diggs

Wit

I’m all for building through the draft, but which receiver is available that can be Zachs veteran stud WR? 

Bills and Arizona both traded for a star. It worked. 

we may not win many games this year but he will be more protected and grow faster with a better WR. 

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You're asking the wrong question.

You need to ask why it matters seeing that Zach can't hit the side of a barn from 10 feet away.

Zach's WR's making spectacular adjustments on his 50/50 balls are the only reason he has any TD's at all.

SAR I

Even with that opinion, trading for a stud WR and drafting another o line with Seattle’s pick next year would set up another rookie QB nicely. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Pichula said:

Do you need to have a shtick in order to function? 

I have no idea who you are, why you showed up here last week, or why you are trolling as Zach Wilson's Biggest Fan, but the kid is nothing more than Sam Darnold with a better set of wide receivers.  His accuracy is awful.  He opens the game cold as ice.  He is an interception machine.  He compiles stats late in games when down by multiple scores and the D is playing prevent while thinking of what they're getting for dinner on the flight home.

Until proven wrong, he's a bust just like 50% of the first round quarterbacks going back to the 1980's.  There is nothing to see here but an arrogant, risky hero baller putting up 50/50 balls.  Could change.  I doubt it.

SAR I

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I have no idea who you are, why you showed up here last week, or why you are trolling as Zach Wilson's Biggest Fan, but the kid is nothing more than Sam Darnold with a better set of wide receivers.  His accuracy is awful.  He opens the game cold as ice.  He is an interception machine.  He compiles stats late in games when down by multiple scores and the D is playing prevent while thinking of what they're getting for dinner on the flight home.

Until proven wrong, he's a bust just like 50% of the first round quarterbacks going back to the 1980's.  There is nothing to see here but an arrogant, risky hero baller putting up 50/50 balls.  Could change.  I doubt it.

SAR I

You calling the kid a bust after 5 games and calling this guy a troll in the same post is quite the contradiction. 

• Sympathy 3

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This may not be popular, but the Jets have good WRs. Wilson is missing open guys right now.

Davis, Cole, Crowder, Moore are not a bad top 4. Guys have been open . . . 

hoping the game will slow down for Zach sooner than later 

Exactly right.  The WR's are the best part of our offense right now.

I can count on one hand the number of throws that Zach Wilson has placed well.  The rest?  Too high, too low, too wide, and the only thing making him look good are those rare instances where our WR's make incredible plays with their terrific adjustments and acrobatics.

SAR I

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

You calling the kid a bust after 5 games and calling this guy a troll in the same post is quite the contradiction. 

Sorry, I'm a seasoned Jets fan.  It gives me a unique ability to know a bust when I see one.  Sadly, we've had plenty of experience.

Take away the 50/50 balls the WR's made plays on against Tennessee and he's the worst looking young QB to come out of college since Josh Rosen.  The buyers remorse going on in Florham Park must be palatable.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Sorry, I'm a seasoned Jets fan.  It gives me a unique ability to know a bust when I see one.  Sadly, we've had plenty of experience.

Take away the 50/50 balls the WR's made plays on against Tennessee and he's the worst looking young QB to come out of college since Josh Rosen.  The buyers remorse going on in Florham Park must be palatable.  

SAR I

You go girl 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

??????

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Wit said:

I’m all for building through the draft, but which receiver is available that can be Zachs veteran stud WR? 

we may not win many games this year but he will be more protected and grow faster with a better WR. 

This is where we have f*cked up. So many top notch WRs have traded places yet the best Jets could find was Perryman and Corey Davis last three years?? SMH

But do tell me how that DL will score 25 points a game!

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

You're asking the wrong question.

You need to ask why it matters seeing that Zach can't hit the side of a barn from 10 feet away.

Zach's WR's making spectacular adjustments on his 50/50 balls are the only reason he has any TD's at all.

SAR I

Gase after effect on the team. 

4 hours ago, undertow said:

I'll worry about this question when Wilson becomes the next Allen or Murray....that's when you make a big splash for a stud free agent or trade not when he's a rookie and can't hit a receiver 20 feet away.

Allen was still a very big question mark when they went after Diggs. Diggs' arrival contributed greatly to Allen's development IMHO. Allen's accuracy was still a question in his first year, though he undoubtedly possessed the high ceiling, he was still "boom or bust" at that stage.

Getting us a top notch WR would not be a bad thing by any means. Davis is OK to good, but not Diggs level good.

• Upvote 3

Exactly right.  The WR's are the best part of our offense right now.
I can count on one hand the number of throws that Zach Wilson has placed well.  The rest?  Too high, too low, too wide, and the only thing making him look good are those rare instances where our WR's make incredible plays with their terrific adjustments and acrobatics.
SAR I

The Jets have had 13 drops this years.

I’m not sure you understand the term “incredible plays” because 13 drops isn’t what I would call incredible plays with their terrific adjustments and acrobatics. But by all means carry on with these descriptive phrases that are rooted in some alternate reality, they read like a Harlequin Novel.
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, slimjasi said:

This may not be popular, but the Jets have good WRs. Wilson is missing open guys right now.

Davis, Cole, Crowder, Moore are not a bad top 4. Guys have been open . . . 

hoping the game will slow down for Zach sooner than later 

Hey slim I thought I would respond because I liked your mostly positive take. I think the offense is still out of sync and needs to build chemistry. Perhaps adapting the same philosophy as the defense, which is keeping it simple. At least the defense looked good till both our starting safeties went down? Now the DBS look lost.

The talent is definitely there all over the field. I honestly think there's just too many substitutions on offense to build chemistry, they're making it more difficult for Zach. Maybe Lefleur thinks he has a reputation to uphold and he's just trying to get too tricky?

What I see is Zach throwing a perfect ball to a receiver running the wrong route. Half the time I don't even know who the receiver is. Then I see Zach throw the ball into the dirt to a wide open guy. That's timing and chemistry. It may take a while but the talent is definitely there. Same thing with the running backs and the O'line. One play they're running 10 yd gash plays, on the next the 0line are getting blown off the ball?

As I've said before I played in, fronted, and wrote music for a bunch of original bands, and chemistry is huge. Finding out who your go-to guys are and their strengths and weaknesses from top to bottom usually doesn't happen overnight. That's probably why when Brady in Tampa, brought in some of his guys. Coaches usually do that as well to implement their system.

I think they're just still trying to find out the best combo of starting players on the field. Unfortunately with injuries and rookie coaches and QBs it's like a freaking Greyhound bus terminal right now! LOL. I think it will get better. Hopes up!

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Wit said:

I dunno. Who is Mims and Davis's Kyler Murray or Josh Allen?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Claymation said:

The Jets have had 13 drops this years.

I’m not sure you understand the term “incredible plays” because 13 drops isn’t what I would call incredible plays with their terrific adjustments and acrobatics. But by all means carry on with these descriptive phrases that are rooted in some alternate reality, they read like a Harlequin Novel.

13 drops in 5 games is 2.5 drops per game.  Hardly a problem in a league where QB's routinely make 40 throws per game.

You notice the drops because its so rare that Zach throws a catchable ball.

SAR I