Mike F’n White starting Sunday

Rhg1084

31 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Jet fans typically hold onto hope for their highly drafted young QBs with religious conviction…

…this is rare where we are unanimously in favor of the lowly drafted journeyman backup QB to start.

I like it!

For me I’m in favor of good QB play regardless of who is doing it.  If White sh!ts the bed against the Bills then back to Wilson we should go.

Good Move.  Get a good read on Mike White against another top defense.  Best chance to evaluate offense against a top defense.  Need to be concerned about development of Elijah Moore, Michael Carter too.

Wilson would be rushing back.  Unlikely to succeed against a Buffalo defense at this point.  Give him the extra week.  Better to ease him in versus Dolphins, Texans and Eagles.  

Best case, we develop a franchise quarterback with a solid #2.  That's what winners have.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Maybe 1/4 of the fanbase is abandoning Zach Wilson. The rest of the fanbase understands that Zach Wilson is not the guy right this second. Seeing Mike White emerge as a viable starter is independent of what we feel about Zach Wilson in the future. Two things can be simultaneously true. 

I get the injury angle. It would be dumb to play the kid hurt. It sure seems like more than 1/4 are openly for handing the job to White. Which makes absolutely zero sense to me. Having a viable backup is great, and frankly more than most of us thought we had. But this sudden impetus to hand White the keys over a healthy Zach is just...Well, Jetsy. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, 1010WINS said:

What about those throws in the Titans game? Kid can ball. 

He can ball…but he can also freelance too much.

I’m hopeful that Zach having a front row seat to Mike White’s performances and seeing that play within the system can be incredibly successful will turn on a light bulb for him.

• Sympathy 1

40 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I think Saleh is wise to consider what the rest of the team wants and needs.  It was obvious that the team responded to White and was genuinely happy for him.  

Maybe the locker room should be calling the plays on defense also. Couldn't be worse than what Saleh/Ulbrich have been doing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

All summer long I read from the likes of Peter King that the Jets need to trade for Nick Foles. People in the forum were banging the table for a veteran QB. Maybe, just maybe this FO knew what they had in the Great White Hope and that's why they chose not to pursue a player like Foles. They brought Flacco backo to be White's understudy.

I hope they sign White to a multiyear contract, ie. 5-7M for 3 years with 10-14 million guaranteed. Losing White for a draft pick would be a complete disaster by this FO.

• Upvote 3

In theory this should play out easy for Saleh decision wise.   If White has a so so game and the jets lose he goes to wilson, if the jets win they stick with white.  The scenario in which he will be under more pressure to deal with is if White plays really and and the Jets lose which is very possible.

In any case I'm far more worried about what the Bills are going to do with our sad sack defense.

• Upvote 2