Is Wilson mentally weak or is our coach just beyond awful?

kmnj

47 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I can’t believe he actually said that. I try to stay positive and funny with this team but holy hell this guy just sounds terrible in these conferences and interviews. All he had to say was  “Zach could probably play this week but we feel he’s still not at 100% so we’re going to roll with Joe and will re evaluate after the week”  what a clown show 

He really is in over his head.  Here's an occasion where I wish Woody would force a change.  This coaching staff is ass.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I am not the one that said Wilson has a confidence problem. I firmly believe he does not and our coach is a clueless clown that should be fired and should not be stating our qb has a confidence problem in public

Please stop with this nonsense. He's a rookie coach, with a rookie QB and a rookie coordinator. I guess most great QBs in history and coaches were excellent right out of the gate. 

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I mean, you get he was referring to having confidence in his knee after the injury, right? You do understand that, right? Sweet baby Jesus.

Here’s the full quote. They intentionally didn’t out him on IR so he could practice with the team. They’re not playing him because they don’t want to subject him to the home crowd.

“He’s progressed well. He’ll be doubtful for the game,” Jets coach Robert Saleh said. “He’s getting better, he’s putting in extra work. He’s getting an individual session at the end of every practice, and some of the receivers sticking behind to make sure he’s getting his work in, to try to get him back not only to full health, but confidence with regards to the knee, his fundamentals, recapturing everything. It’s been a month now since he’s played, and his practices are limited. He gets some snaps with the show team, but it’s not all of them. So we’re just trying to monitor and make sure he gets back to full health and confidence.”

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Zach has no lack of confidence.

I believe that he’s 100% healthy but the Jets want to shield him from having a sh*t the bed game. Here’s the problem - this should have happened in the offseason. Jets should have brought in a competent vet QB and let Zach sit for all of or most of this season. 

They really screwed this kid over. Half of the fanbase hates him now. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

imagine coming out and stating your highly drafted QB who is going to be "the face of the franchise " has a confidence problem. Is Wilson so soft and weak that he is scared to play or has a "confidence problem" ? I am not sure if Wilson is legit or not but I 100% certain the kid is not short on confidence and if he was the coach should not be outing him which would yes you guessed it lower his confidence even more. 

why the hell would the head coach state in public  about having a confidence problem.  If I was Wilson, I would say hey coach FU - I am confident the schemes you are using are terrible and you might be the worst coach ever and the poor line our GM assembled is going to get me killed. It took me out and then White. 

Joe and Saleh have mismanaged the QB position from day one this year. Wilson should have been sat from day one while Joe put together an actual line where he would not get killed behind instead Joe and Co rolled Wilson out there and even after he got destroyed early on kept throwing him back there. Enter Mike White who Joe and our coach were crowning after one game then after a bad game gave up on him and brought in a washed jag in Flacco that the Jets did not bring back after showing how bad he was last year.

When Flacco gets killed out there this week and shows bad who is next does joe trade to get morgan back again?

WTF?

Saleh has come off pretty badly in PC settings lately, but I have to believe you misinterpreted what he said about Wilson coming back from his knee injury.

Nice rant though. ?

• Upvote 1

The path to growth for a QB is paved with costly mistakes born of thinking he can make plays that he cannot. These guys were at the top of their game in major college football and with few exceptions could make almost any play they wanted because they were that much better than the players around them. They have too much confidence and lack any understanding of their limitations when you upgrade the D from college to the pros. The coach tells them what they should do, and after the play is called they forget everything they've learned since training camp and revert back to college thinking there isn't a throw they can't make, or if they just run around a little bit and hold the ball longer their receiver will break free. It is as if they are a wild bronco that has to be ridden until he loses his own free will and accepts that he has to do exactly what someone else tells him to do. 

Fortunately for us, I do think that the knee injury coupled with watching other QBs be more successful is Zac's breaking point. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

51 minutes ago, doitny said:

i think that could be from a health standpoint. confidence to be able to move and such. i mean is Saleh really that stupid to put that out there if it meant overall confidence? . i guess its all in how you feel about him as how you take those comments. 

Agreed , I mentioned this on the other thread. It’s confidence in kid knee. Coaches and players sat this all the time, whether it’s football player with there knee or a baseball player with elbow/ shoulder. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Ok, so let's talk this through. 

You think Saleh should be fired after 9 games. Sure. Worst coach of all-time (already has as many wins as we had all of last year, but sure). Great. Woody calls him tonight and lays the hammer down. We finish out the year with an interim running the show (Ulbrich? hahahah). Maybe we win another couple of games, maybe we don't win another game. Whatevs. 

Fast forward to the off-season. What's your game-plan? What decent candidate is coming to New Jersey to coach a kiddie roster, in one of the worst stadiums in the league, with no guarantee that he'll get more than 9/17 of a season to make the team watchable? 

Again, you guys have to relax. Generally, you want your posts to make sense. 

Gruden.

1 hour ago, Grandy said:

Quote was misconstrued by Cimini by the way, here's the full quote 

“He’s progressed well. He’ll be doubtful for the game,” Jets coach Robert Saleh said. “He’s getting better, he’s putting in extra work. He’s getting an individual session at the end of every practice, and some of the receivers sticking behind to make sure he’s getting his work in, to try to get him back not only to full health, but confidence with regards to the knee, his fundamentals, recapturing everything. It’s been a month now since he’s played, and his practices are limited. He gets some snaps with the show team, but it’s not all of them. So we’re just trying to monitor and make sure he gets back to full health and confidence.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/19/robert-saleh-jets-need-zach-wilson-to-get-back-to-full-health-and-confidence/

This is a prime example of why clickbait works so well. People don’t even listen to the full interview. The reporters could make sh*t up if they want and many people would have no idea. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Here’s the full quote. They intentionally didn’t out him on IR so he could practice with the team. They’re not playing him because they don’t want to subject him to the home crowd.

Is that honestly what you got out of this? He said he’s not at full health yet and he doesn’t want him to worry about his knee so he can play to the best of his ability. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

This is a prime example of why clickbait works so well. People don’t even listen to the full interview. The reporters could make sh*t up if they want and many people would have no idea. 

Now that I read it it's even worse.  He named Flacco the starter.  He's not doubtful for the game.  He's not just recapturing confidence in the knee it's full health and confidence at the end.  Saleh talks to much and people who talk to much say to much.  

Nobody is reading anything into what he said.  He said it. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

You’re very creative. 

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Now that I read it it's even worse.  He named Flacco the starter.  He's not doubtful for the game.  He's not just recapturing confidence in the knee it's full health and confidence at the end.  Saleh talks to much and people who talk to much say to much.  

Nobody is reading anything into what he said.  He said it. 

No people are perceiving this as in mental confidence, which isn’t the case. It’s confidence in his knee which was just injured. This tends to happen a lot in guys coming off injury. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

The whole issues is the Jets being stupid as can be by not having a vet starter to begin the year.  They look especially stupid for jumping around from qb to qb to qb and making these dumb statements about each of them that makes you legit question if they have a clue what they are doing.

He didn't say he had a "confidence problem". Every injury to a joint--espectially the knee--you need to get your confidence back IN THE KNEE and your fundamentals--which the KNEE is crucial to.

Nobody said anything about "mentally weak".  Geezuz christo. 

"He’s getting an individual session at the end of every practice, and some of the receivers sticking behind to make sure he’s getting his work in, to try to get him back not only to full health, but confidence with regards to the knee, his fundamentals, recapturing everything."

• Upvote 2

To be fair, I don’t think you can characterize it as mismanaged. In the summer, Zach looked and sounded the part. He duped them. He duped everyone.

I don’t think Joe or Saleh are responsible for Zach’s confidence   disappearing like cheesecake in @The Crusher’s house. How was anyone supposed to really know he’s go full fetal position after 3 games? 

I agree that the White and Flacco stuff is marred by Woody tampering, but Zach seems like a wee baby.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, heymangold said:

One of the few things I agree with kevin on, I don’t think a coach won’t take a head job based on the stadium.  Like another poster said, Rivera went to Washington and that place is a dump.  

I don't think a coach would turn down a job SOLELY based on the stadium, but the sh*tty homefield is just another thing hurting this franchise. 

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The path to growth for a QB is paved with costly mistakes born of thinking he can make plays that he cannot. These guys were at the top of their game in major college football and with few exceptions could make almost any play they wanted because they were that much better than the players around them. They have too much confidence and lack any understanding of their limitations when you upgrade the D from college to the pros. The coach tells them what they should do, and after the play is called they forget everything they've learned since training camp and revert back to college thinking there isn't a throw they can't make, or if they just run around a little bit and hold the ball longer their receiver will break free. It is as if they are a wild bronco that has to be ridden until he loses his own free will and accepts that he has to do exactly what someone else tells him to do. 

Fortunately for us, I do think that the knee injury couples with watching other QBs be more successful is Zac's breaking point. 

Love this post and I couldn’t agree more, well put 

49 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

To be fair, I don’t think you can characterize it as mismanaged. In the summer, Zach looked and sounded the part. He duped them. He duped everyone.

I don’t think Joe or Saleh are responsible for Zach’s confidence   disappearing like cheesecake in @The Crusher’s house. How was anyone supposed to really know he’s go full fetal position after 3 games? 

I agree that the White and Flacco stuff is marred by Woody tampering, but Zach seems like a wee baby.

Hmmm, cheesecake 

3 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Zach has no lack of confidence.

I believe that he’s 100% healthy but the Jets want to shield him from having a sh*t the bed game. Here’s the problem - this should have happened in the offseason. Jets should have brought in a competent vet QB and let Zach sit for all of or most of this season. 

They really screwed this kid over. Half of the fanbase hates him now. 

Half the fanbase hated him before he took a snap. This was a 2-4 week injury, they are going to be safe and make it 4 weeks. All much to do about nothing. You guys realize that he played 1 game and 1 quarter since the Titans game where he looked awesome? Vs Atlanta he was clearly off but still brought the team back to within 3 with 7 mins to go. Then he was looking sharp vs NE before the injury. The media/fans are creating this narrative in their heads that Wilson has regressed or some sh*t when in fact it’s the opposite. 

• Upvote 1