****OFFICIAL JETS VS SAINTS ATTRITION BOWL GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

OMG! The sky is falling. The jets minus their #1 WR, #2 WR, #1 RB and #2 RB not playing due to injury; a rookie QB; and no TE couldn’t move the ball against one of the better NFL Defenses. I’m shocked! 

Saints are ranked 14th in defense.  It’s an average defense.  

Just now, Mogglez said:

He was fine last week.

if you want to compare the talent week in and week out let’s start with the roster that allowed him to create 3 first half TDs.

I'm with you. I'm not ready to give up on Zach. However, I don't think people would be screaming for his head as much if he would be making the throws he should make. 

I really hope he figures it out. I would be nervous if I was JD though. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RSJ said:

There is no doubt Zach hasnt played well. But really its more of an indictment on the coaching staff for putting him in these positions he obviously isnt ready for. Its just not a smart way to develop a QB or win football games for that matter.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He’s not ready to throw a 7 yard out on 3 and 10?

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just like we made a mistake by trading Darnold, eh?

He's better than Darnold. But you've but up a really good point:

The difference in talent between QBs is really not that much. So, the trick is to build a team with a guy who you can build around. The Jets have that. Wilson has the physical tools and, I believe, the intelligence to succeed in the NFL. But it's not immediate. It looks bad. But, in the end, A LOT ABOUT THE JETS LOOKS BAD RIGHT NOW. So, I'm not going to start replacing people until SOMETHING looks good.

Now you may say, "Mike White really played well and so did Joe Flacco...better than Wilson."

But I would rebut those facts with:

1. Mike White looked just as flummoxed as Wilson in his 4-INT game. And White doesn't have the physical talent to be a starting QB in the league, as evidenced by the fact that nobody else has him starting.

2. Father Time (Joe Flacco) is not a starting QB in the league anymore. 

3. The Jets need continuity. Wilson has the physical tools. He's not there mentally. But no rookies are NOR should be expected to be. 

4. The Jets are a complete rebuild. They look bad all over. So, I'm not changing starters at DL just because the Jets give up the most yardage running hte ball. I'm not going to start drafting RBs high because RBs were hurt. I'm not going to jettison Mims just because of this one game. NOthing stupid or hysterical. I'm looking at the BIG PICTURE, not whining about individual plays or halves or games.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

“Professional pass catchers” make that grab.

However, if you apply the same logic across the NFL crediting every ball that could have possibly been caught, you might just get Wilson up into the 60%+ completion range, while the rest of the league moves their way on up to 80%+.

In the end, he is still comparatively worse than just about everyone else who does the job.

• Upvote 1