****OFFICIAL JETS VS SAINTS ATTRITION BOWL GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

The problem or hard part or grim reality with concluding Wilson is no good is that pretty much means JD can’t draft, when you add Becton over Wirfs.  So if that is the case you cut the cord 

Woody must be going nuts, and he did not hire JD or Saleh.  

The season is cooked.  Keep playing Wilson and see what he does.  

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Stark said:

Dude I can understand a couple of horrible mistakes or missed passes. This kid is a regular for those. 

font try to sell me a bill of goods. Zach can’t make easy passes and it’s literally costing us this game

Which would seem to be among the easier things to learn, with time. 

We lost this game, which actually helps draft position. Other than that, it's just about your pain tolerance.

He’s not ready to throw a 7 yard out on 3 and 10?

Its a little more complicated than that I think. I think when he moves to his second read he has trouble resetting his feet and body. It could be corrected with time. But it should also be obvious in practice if they are practicing the right way. There is also a lot Mac Jones cant do yet. Coaches arent asking him to do it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, phill1c said:

He's better than Darnold. But you've but up a really good point:

The difference in talent between QBs is really not that much. So, the trick is to build a team with a guy who you can build around. The Jets have that. Wilson has the physical tools and, I believe, the intelligence to succeed in the NFL. But it's not immediate. It looks bad. But, in the end, A LOT ABOUT THE JETS LOOKS BAD RIGHT NOW. So, I'm not going to start replacing people until SOMETHING looks good.

Now you may say, "Mike White really played well and so did Joe Flacco...better than Wilson."

But I would rebut those facts with:

1. Mike White looked just as flummoxed as Wilson in his 4-INT game. And White doesn't have the physical talent to be a starting QB in the league, as evidenced by the fact that nobody else has him starting.

2. Father Time (Joe Flacco) is not a starting QB in the league anymore. 

3. The Jets need continuity. Wilson has the physical tools. He's not there mentally. But no rookies are NOR should be expected to be. 

4. The Jets are a complete rebuild. They look bad all over. So, I'm not changing starters at DL just because the Jets give up the most yardage running hte ball. I'm not going to start drafting RBs high because RBs were hurt. I'm not going to jettison Mims just because of this one game. NOthing stupid or hysterical. I'm looking at the BIG PICTURE, not whining about individual plays or halves or games.

Who’s better than Darnold?  I hope you aren’t saying Wilson is.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Allen had a higher QB rating, and much higher QBR, and much lower INT%, with a much better TD/INT ratio.  And those numbers don’t include todays absolute gem by Wilson.

Plus Allen was a running threat. Do you think Allen would have slid so early on that long run like Wilson did in the first half?