****OFFICIAL JETS VS SAINTS ATTRITION BOWL GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

None this bad, that didn’t continue to do so.

Except for one of the other 4 starting QB’s in our own division. Is it likely he will make the same leaps as Josh Allen, no but if you are going to say absolutely no QB has ever played as badly as Zach and turned it around I guess we can go to extreme examples. I guess Lawrence’s career is over as well.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

8 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Can we stop with the mike white bullsh*t already......people on here acting like he's kurt warner waiting to get his turn

This offense has been struggling to move the ball downfield all season with Wilson and we all know that is true. He hasn't improved at all and I wanted to draft him

17 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

How many years we've been hearing "the kid can be fixed"?    Face it.  We can't draft QBs.  

I don't want to see the Jets spend another 1st round pick on a QB unless the guy team already has talent in place to support him and he can sit a year behind a vet. The starting a rookie QB routine has been a spectacular failure for this organization over and over again. I just want to see average football at this point. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Maybe if Zach Wilson wasn’t dead reliant on throwing it to Ty Johnson for the entire first quarter he would have completed more than a third of his passes 

Would helpful if there were WRs open and he didn’t have to check down.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

Just now, JTJet said:

You're still prattling on? You didnt read anything apparently. 

I havent even been saying Zach is some all star weapon absolved of blame. 

He has plenty to be blamed for, but the things people are yapping about are very rarely taking into account any of the circumstances or blaming Zach for what is CLEARLY other players issues, Mims, Johnson, etc. 

And AGAIN, the team he is playing with as we speak, is basically an entirely different team personel wise than what any of those guys played with. 

Every single thing you've said has been no more than an endless stream of excuses, just as you are doing here once again.

When you're repeatedly carrying on about the WRs on throws that are 10+ yards from the closest Jet, then you are absolutely absolving him of blame, regardless of whether you claim otherwise while never blaming him for a single thing.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

You're still prattling on? You didnt read anything apparently. 

I havent even been saying Zach is some all star weapon absolved of blame. 

He has plenty to be blamed for, but the things people are yapping about are very rarely taking into account any of the circumstances or blaming Zach for what is CLEARLY other players issues, Mims, Johnson, etc. 

And AGAIN, the team he is playing with as we speak, is basically an entirely different team personel wise than what any of those guys played with. 

Nah.  This was a winnable game if we didn’t have a gimpy/incapable  QB. 

so many easy plays and wide wide open plays that we can’t make. Zach pulling up after a run way before he needs to slide. 

you can blame this on anyone you want but Wilson is a huge problem and it ripples through the entire game 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, JetFreak89 said:

Except for one of the other 4 starting QB’s in our own division. Is it likely he will make the same leaps as Josh Allen, no but if you are going to say absolutely no QB has ever played as badly as Zach and turned it around I guess we can go to extreme examples. I guess Lawrence’s career is over as well.

..because something unlikely happened before... doesn't make it a logical plan to count on something unlikely happening again. 

4 minutes ago, Stark said:

Against the Bills. Wilson did same and has been worse even counting those games. 

wilson does not run this offense to the level of career backups / wash ups

who have been in the NFL for years.

Again, if you can't give a guy a mulligan in his rookie season, maybe rooting for the Jets is too difficult for you. They have 31 other teams, man. The Jets just spent the #3 and #2 on QBs. What do you want?

It's kinda old, fans judging rookies like veterans because they can't stand to lose. Get over it.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

Every single thing you've said has been no more than an endless stream of excuses, just as you are doing here once again.

When you're repeatedly carrying on about the WRs on throws that are 10+ yards from the closest Jet, then you are absolutely absolving him of blame, regardless of whether you claim otherwise while never blaming him for a single thing.

Go back and read the thread and get back to me. 

37 minutes ago, phill1c said:

really? REALLY?!

you guys always SAY you can stand a rebuild. And the first opportunity, you're jumping ship.

ok fine. let's also hire another coach. And, since these coaching hires mean our GM should be fired too. Let's just do the same thing we always do.

OR you can try to hold your water for more than minute.

A rebuild only works if you have a talented, young, cheap QB to build around.

Wilson is only young and cheap.  He’s missing the part where he needs to be good or at least competent.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JetFreak89 said:

Josh Allen was not THIS bad.

• Upvote 2