****OFFICIAL JETS VS SAINTS ATTRITION BOWL GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

That’s where ball placement needs to be better.  Sure, Johnson could have caught it, but that’s a 20 yard gain if it’s thrown correctly.  

It’s a 5 yard gain regardless, ball placement or not.  Johnson dropped a perfectly placed ball the previous drive. The failure to convert a 1st down on that is 99.9% on Johnson.

3 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Johnson has to catch that. 

Wilson has to throw a better pass to a wide open guy 3 yards past the LOS. 

Both of these statements can be right. 

even if he catches it the pass was so bad would he have gotten the first down ? I was in the other room so I missed the distance on the play.

I so badly want to optimistic on Zach Wilson, but everything is harder than it needs to be with him so far. Where is the accuracy he is supposed to have? I don't want to be that guy that says Wilson sucks... but so far, he sucks.

Honestly watching Zach reminds me of what Hackenberg would’ve looked like if he got his shot to start.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hal N of Provo said:

NFL recievers only catch in a shoe box shaped area?  That’s like one ball length behind ideal 

He should have caught it. I’d imagine that it gets to be a mental deal for receivers when the ball is constantly thrown to unpredictable spots.

• Upvote 1

I so badly want to optimistic on Zach Wilson, but everything is harder than it needs to be with him so far. Where is the accuracy he is supposed to have? I don't want to be that guy that says Wilson sucks... but so far, he sucks.

Again, this is all based on the “speed of the game” though. Since he’s come back he is making better decisions and at least knows where to go with the ball. That’s honestly the hardest part of surviving in the NFL. I’m confident that Zach will be able to improve his ball placement over the offseason and his completion percentage will go up fairly drastically. Nothings guaranteed of course.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, JTJet said:

Maybe a small percentage. But the overwhelming blame is Johnsons. 

If you can touch the ball with both hands, you should be able to catch it. Period. 

Fair enough, and I won't argue against the idea that Ty should've done more on that individual play.

With that said, it's a problem with a significant number of Wilson's throws, and the argument loses it's merit when each imperfect play by others leads some to the conclusion that everyone but Wilson must be to blame for his consistently terrible ball placement.  It's not a coincidence that Wilson has a significantly worse completion rate than all 3 of his backups.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

So, let me get this straight. 

After drafting in the Top 10 for the past, oh, 5 years, and Hindreds of millions of Cap Dollars, we have garbage everywhere,  on both sides of the ball?

Jim Carrey Ok GIF

that would be correct and another QB added to the carousel 

• Sympathy 1