Players calling out Rhule in Carolina

jetstream23

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Really goes to show how difficult it is to succeed in the NFL.  Last year we ripped management for not bringing in Rhule.  Now he's getting crap out in Carolina.

IIRC, we also had a chance to draft Claypool but traded down and took Mims.  It seemed like a horrible decision but this year he's in Tomlin's doghouse.

It's getting to the point where I think we might want to just trade down multiple times and just add picks in future years.  Quantity over quality since it's so difficult to get this stuff right.  Just get as many lottery tickets as possible.

At some point you need to start adding players. It is coming up on JD's third draft. Put up or shut up. So far all JD has done is give us a few players that can't  stay on the field, AVT withstanding. I mean he keeps taking undersized players except for Becton. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Really goes to show how difficult it is to succeed in the NFL.  Last year we ripped management for not bringing in Rhule.  Now he's getting crap out in Carolina.

IIRC, we also had a chance to draft Claypool but traded down and took Mims.  It seemed like a horrible decision but this year he's in Tomlin's doghouse.

It's getting to the point where I think we might want to just trade down multiple times and just add picks in future years.  Quantity over quality since it's so difficult to get this stuff right.  Just get as many lottery tickets as possible.

Possibly. Although one basic issue this roster has is that it is littered with rookies. 

I really think, regardless of what we do in the draft, that we need a major spending spree in free agency. We need quality veterans who know how to prepare and play in the NFL. This team consistently looks out of position and makes stupid mistakes at an alarming rate. 

No matter what he do in the draft, we need a big FA period. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

At some point you need to start adding players. It is coming up on JD's third draft. Put up or shut up. So far all JD has done is give us a few players that can't  stay on the field, AVT withstanding. I mean he keeps taking undersized players except for Becton. 

Whoever we draft will just get hurt anyway. 

Everyone the Jets draft either sucks or can't stay on the field. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It seems like this is the JD philosophy, treat positions like the lottery.you can see it at OL and DB. Problem is, we haven’t “won” yet.

22 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Claypool is a diva but he'll be in the league and still playing well in 5 years.

Has over 1500 yards in his first two seasons. Odds are against our guy ever reaching that mark. 

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

It's amazing how quickly things turn.

Last year many of us (myself included) would have loved to have had Rhule and Brady. Looks unlikely either will survive. 

I always thought Rhule was overrated, but still wanted him over Gase. 

Rhule's big mistake was picking up Sam's 5th year option. His ego led him to believe he could fix Darnold, and once it was obvious Sam wasn't the answer, he had no viable alternative to save this season. 

And the bolded sentence is exactly why I always try to be hopeful about the future. Narratives change so quickly - unfortunately, the one narrative that never seems to change is that the Jets are a disaster

• Upvote 3

I’m willing to show confidence in Saleh at least give him another year because we don’t see any of these blame game kind of moves on his part with the coaches or players. In the long run this kind of character could win out. He didn’t throw the DC under the bus even though they’ve been routinely horrible. He was supportive of Mims a guy who really screwed up yesterday giving reasons for it and calling him a great young man. Saleh if he wins the trust of the players enhances his rep around the league so we can sign good players maybe can make chicken salad out of chicken s. I just like the guy he’s not freaking out. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

40 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

you forgot about everyones darling Joe Brady.

thats why i laugh when people want to fire Saleh after one year. your either getting another rookie or someone elses failure. might as well give him a 2nd year to see if he learned anything.

im glad these guys are getting more years on there contract like 7 for Rhule and 5 for Saleh. wanna fire them after a year or 2 your going to pay for a long while after. 

these guys get one shot at HC. if they fail they usually dont get another shot. GMs too. they usually go to bad teams and situations and need time.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

57 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's amazing how quickly things turn.

Last year many of us (myself included) would have loved to have had Rhule and Brady. Looks unlikely either will survive. 

Just goes to show how misguided all the knee jerk over reactions are around nfl products.  One year everything can look amazing, the next it can look like absolute trash.  The alternate is also true.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

It makes it hard to truly guage the coach, if the GM can't get any decent players.

We saw the with our own OC.  Put in a remotely competent QB, and all of a sudden the offense looks decent.   Few injuries and Zach pooping himself and the offense looks terrible.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

He built some good things in college, but sometimes it doesn't translate.  

I will say for someone who is supposed to be a leader of men, firing the O\C like that was a bad move.

That was a bad visual.

Thing is, in college you can recruit.  In the NFL, it's $$ (free agency) and draft picks, and the draft is so random at times, who will be good and who will not.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Just goes to show how misguided all the knee jerk over reactions are around nfl products.  One year everything can look amazing, the next it can look like absolute trash.  The alternate is also true.  

Eh, I don't know about that.

Carolina doesn't actually look significantly worse this year than last. Last year they were just fresh and new and Bridgewater was the scapegoat.

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Claypool went 8/90 from that "doghouse" Thursday.  

• Upvote 2