Just a thought on the Chiefs/Bills game...and the Jets

14 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

How many years is it going to take for the Jets to be involved in a game like yesterday?  It felt like I was watching a Rocky I film where Rocky and Apollo Creed exchanged haymakers.  Jets seem like a long way off to compete in a playoff game like that one.

There are 30 other teams in the NFL that have never been involved in a game like that.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Really? This was the most unusual football playoff weekend I can remember. Every game was close. Top shelf play.

Seriously it may be a weekend for a lifetime so wondering how the jets will rise to that level is kind of silly.

Like the other poster said, the bengals sucked a year ago. LAST year

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3

7 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Really? This was the most unusual football playoff weekend I can remember. Every game was close. Top shelf play.

Seriously it may be a weekend for a lifetime so wondering how the jets will rise to that level is kind of silly.

Like the other poster said, the bengals sucked a year ago. LAST year

Last nights game was top shelf play.  The other 3 games were great entertainment with a lot of tension but they weren't well played football games. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

In an era where the rules have been changed in ways that almost always favored the offense we saw two pretty decent defenses utterly shredded by the offenses they faced when it mattered most late in the 4th quarter.  Amazing game which a few questionable coaching choices late on. 

Both of those QBs were passed on my the NY jets in the years that they were drafted.  And so it goes.

5 minutes ago, EM31 said:

In an era where the rules have been changed in ways that almost always favored the offense we saw two pretty decent defenses utterly shredded by the offenses they faced when it mattered most late in the 4th quarter.  Amazing game which a few questionable coaching choices late on. 

Both of those QBs were passed on my the NY jets in the years that they were drafted.  And so it goes.

also you watch these supposed good cbs get passed on again and again and you realize how pointless it is to take on early in the first round.  

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

also you watch these supposed good cbs get passed on again and again and you realize how pointless it is to take on early in the first round.  

Unless they are Revis or Sanders.  Those guys are the only CBs of the last 20 years that I think could have stopped those passes on the men they were covering.  But even then, it wouldn't have helped with Kelce.

13 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

The JETS beat 2 of the teams that played in the playoff's this year, Bengals, and Titans, came within one minute of beating TB and also gave the Bills a game at the end of the season. All with barely anyone on the roster. I'm not saying we're anywhere near where we need to be, but I believe we are looking up.

Very true - but certainly the Jets still have much to do. It depends on the draft, free agency, and how much the QB improves in year two.

• Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

How many years is it going to take for the Jets to be involved in a game like yesterday?  It felt like I was watching a Rocky I film where Rocky and Apollo Creed exchanged haymakers.  Jets seem like a long way off to compete in a playoff game like that one.

Frankly, 80%+ of the league is nowhere near that level. I would settle for the level of the 9ers or Bengals.

With Manning and Brees gone and Brady and Rodgers looking down the barrel of the end, Mahomes and Allen are probably the two best QBs in the NFL right now.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, EM31 said:

I may have watched the greatest NFL game ever played last night between the Bills and the Chiefs.  It is hard to answer the OP's question given that we may never get to that level.

I think you just did answer his question:  Sadly, we never get there.  (not saying we can't make the playoffs or go on a run in the playoffs, but putting up scores like a video game?  Probably not in my lifetime.

2 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

You have grand children????   Maybe in their lifetime. ?

You guys have been through a lifetime of suck-I-tude.  So I can’t fault the hopelessness.  

But Salah (who has seen a part of successful rebuilds) wasn’t wrong when he said Jet fans have never been a part of a real rebuild.  You guys have been crapped on and only seen the tear down part on repeat.  

3 years total, 1 year down.   This next season they are going to fill in with some big building blocks.  There is a decent chance they cheat time and season 2 is better than expected.  

• Haha 1

I would not want to be a Bills fan today.  That loss was crushing/devastating.  That is a loss that stays with you your entire life.  13 seconds away from beating the AFC bully and you blow it?  I am haunted by losses like that by the teams I root for.  Jets lose to the Chiefs in 69, Buffalo in 81, Miami in 82, Cleveland in 86, Pittsburgh in 04 and 10.  The Islanders lose to Tampa 1-0 in game 7 last year. The thing is, the Bills are likely the SB favorites if they win that game.  I can name other sports and teams and those losses do not go away.  Coming close and missing when you should win is far more painful than a terrible season.  That game will go down as one of the most gut wrenching difficult losses in sports history. Nobody wants to be on the wrong end of those games.  

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I would not want to be a Bills fan today.  That loss was crushing/devastating.  That is a loss that stays with you your entire life.  13 seconds away from beating the AFC bully and you blow it?  I am haunted by losses like that by the teams I root for.  Jets lose to the Chiefs in 69, Buffalo in 81, Miami in 82, Cleveland in 86, Pittsburgh in 04 and 10.  The Islanders lose to Tampa 1-0 in game 7 last year. The thing is, the Bills are likely the SB favorites if they win that game.  I can name other sports and teams and those losses do not go away.  Coming close and missing when you should win is far more painful than a terrible season.  That game will go down as one of the most gut wrenching difficult losses in sports history. Nobody wants to be on the wrong end of those games.  

Agreed. The 2005 loss to PITT haunted me for ever.  98 loss to Denver. Mud Bowl.   I took the 2 AFC champ games better but they hurt.

• Upvote 1