Jets hoping to re-sign Fatukasi & Berrios, per Cimini

mrcoops

1/3 of the team being FA can be kind of scary. But I like the way JoeD is building this team. Each one of those 19 FA is a chance to improve the roster. A chance to improve our cap$ standings for all those big 2nd contracts coming up pretty soon. I'd love to see Joe's 'Master Plan' scrawled out on a white board!

51 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I really hope they resign Foley even though I think I’m in the minority. He’ll be much better value for money than Q will be. 

I just went back and looked at QW's draft, and it led me down an awful rabbit hole.

Lets say Macc isn't content with his QB room of Josh McCown, Bryce Petty, and Christian Hackenberg.

He drafts Patrick Mahommes.

BUT BUT BUT MAHOMMES WOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN GOOD HERE.

In 2018, we draft Quinton Nelson in the 1st, and maybe Courtland Sutton in round 2 as we need a WR.

In 2019, even if we still draft QW, our 2nd round pick was in position for Deebo Samuel or AJ Brown.

11 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I just went back and looked at QW's draft, and it led me down an awful rabbit hole.

Lets say Macc isn't content with his QB room of Josh McCown, Bryce Petty, and Christian Hackenberg.

In 2018, we draft Quinton Nelson in the 1st, and maybe Courtland Sutton in round 2 as we need a WR.

In 2019, even if we still draft QW, our 2nd round pick was in position for Deebo Samuel or AJ Brown.

gee thanks for that pleasant set of facts.  I always think it can't get worse and then something new is added to the cauldron. 

• Haha 1

Sign these sexy beasts. 

I think people are discounting the makeover at DT that may be coming. Rankins was underwhelming and they can cut him for cap relief and little to no dead money, Shepherd is a goner and Fatukasi is a fantastic run stopper, but a 3-4 team may pay him a boatload to be a full-time starter while he's a part-time player with us. 

Definitely something that bears watching. 

• Upvote 1

Three people I'd really like to see re-signed/extended.... Fant, Foley and Berrios.  Those three have earned it and although not "cheap" shouldn't be breaking the bank.  Would still allow the Jets to add some key pieces at non-premium spots in FA like TE, LB, S, etc.

Then we watch JD rock the Draft with 4 picks in the Top 38, hitting those hard to find premium spots and maybe some difference makers at Edge, WR, etc.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think Berrios is the priority.  Great returner that could be evolving into really good slot guy. And I know many here think that because Elijah Moore is short that he is therefore our default slot guy and we can't have both Berrios and Moore on the field at the same time. Simply not true. Moore is an emerging #1 WR who can play in the slot, but is also really good outside thanks to his speed/route running.

Yup.

I mean, is Tyreek Hill not a #1 WR simply because he's 5'10" ?  He plays a lot in the slot but he's an inside/outside guy just like Moore.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ZachEY said:

We'd be 7 pt favs on Sunday.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ZachEY said:

Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office

On the worst Defense in franchise history, every position should be looked at for possible upgrade.  

I'm not resigning anyone if there may be a better option for better performance available in FA or the draft.

I think too many folks here like certain Defensive players who are pretty much JAG's by every definition, but slightly rose above the overall stench of our terrible defense.

Foley, JFM, even QW, perfect examples. 

• Upvote 2

Dear God I pray, please don't let the Jets sign Quinnen.

He walks after the play, very slowly, while most of the 12

other D Lineman taken in the first round in the year he was taken

break their a**es pursuing the play.  Fatso was short on effort this

year too.  The despised on this board Shepherd played with more heart

than either slacker DT. The kid from U Conn is better than both.

If all our DL played as hard as Kyle Phillips,  Saleh's mantra All gas, no breaks would

be descriptive rather than a pipe dream

1 hour ago, ZachEY said:

why did you do this :(

What do people see in Fatukasi that I'm missing?

The run defense was terrible last season.  Teams were running at will for large portions of the season.  How is that possible if Fatukasi is such a run stuffing beast?

I thought Fatukasi played better prior to last season.  Perhaps he's not be a great fit in Saleh's scheme.

Sign him for depth/backup money?  I can support it.  Sign him to a significant contract?  Absolutely not.  He's a JAG.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ZachEY said:

You’re giving Mac way too much credit here of actually doing the right thing. 
You need to look at the surrounding players in the draft and pick the worst or most odd one. And never an OL.