Kiper: 2 round mock for Jets

8 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Great draft but I’m now starting to worry a lot about LB and even run stopping DT.  Im as pro offense as they get but the weakness here is glaring.  Our highest PFF run stopping grade last year on the line was Q at a 59.  

If JD has a solid plan to address these spots, then I love the picks.

F defense. It's like the old Abbott and Costello boxing bit.

Abbott: OK now one three one three

Costello: What happened to two?

Abbott: You get two.

We get two

11 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I dont hate it.  I'm not a fan of London at #10 or Hall at #38 but I understand the logic behind both picks and while it wouldnt be my preference, it would be hard not to be excited about the offense with this haul.  Finally land a C, a hopeful stud at WR and honestly, in this situation, I'd expect Hall to be the workhorse with Carter spelling him which could be pretty potent for a team that I expect is in the top 5 in rush attempts.  Couple that with the offseason they had, there would be no excuses about weapons, even though there really wasnt one last year either.

No weapon excuse last year made evident by the Mike White game. Yet, by the time Zach came back from injury and started figuring it out a bit he really didn’t have that same offense. Injuries dominated the offense last few games of the season. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

F defense. It's like the old Abbott and Costello boxing bit.

Abbott: OK now one three one three

Costello: What happened to two?

Abbott: You get two.

We get two

Lol!!

Im kinda with you.  Man- it would be awesome to have studs everywhere you look on offense but part of me says you need a minimum defensive threshold to win.  And last year was nowhere close to this threshold stopping the run and covering TEs and Backs.  

To use another boxing example, you might be suggesting we are like Rocky, who was all offense and no defense.  Hey, it did work ;)

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Great draft but I’m now starting to worry a lot about LB and even run stopping DT.  Im as pro offense as they get but the weakness here is glaring.  Our highest PFF run stopping grade last year on the line was Q at a 59.  

If JD has a solid plan to address these spots, then I love the picks.

Just replace Breece Hall with a LB and we should be good enough.  We can draft a RB later on.  Plus hopefully our OL would be good enough to make average RBs look really good.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

40 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

I’d prefer Jameson Williams over Drake London at 10, but this is a great draft 

I agree but can Douglas and Saleh take the heat of picking Williams and him not contributing for the first half of the season?   Or us watching the offensive struggle to produce in the first half of season and us fans sitting here patiently knowing Williams will be on the field around mid season but probably not 100 % until 2023?     

31 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I dont hate it.  I'm not a fan of London at #10 or Hall at #38 but I understand the logic behind both picks and while it wouldnt be my preference, it would be hard not to be excited about the offense with this haul.  Finally land a C, a hopeful stud at WR and honestly, in this situation, I'd expect Hall to be the workhorse with Carter spelling him which could be pretty potent for a team that I expect is in the top 5 in rush attempts.  Couple that with the offseason they had, there would be no excuses about weapons, even though there really wasnt one last year either.

Pretty much exactly my feelings.

I don’t mind the focus on offence if we go defence at 4. Zach can’t have any excuses.

London is a strange one. In a sense he’s got a pretty high floor and low ceiling yet there’s still a real question whether that physical dominance will carry over to the NFL because if it doesn’t he has nothing to fall back on. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

I agree but can Douglas and Saleh take the heat of picking Williams and him not contributing for the first half of the season?   Or us watching the offensive struggle to produce in the first half of season and us fans sitting here patiently knowing Williams will be on the field around mid season but probably not 100 % until 2023?     

Depends on what the plan is for this year. If this is 'win now', it'll make it a bit tougher to draft a player that will be out for half the season.

However, if the plan is to continue to build the foundation, and you have Williams > London, then take Williams.

Either way, whenever they draft a WR, that WR is not getting more than 500-600 yards this season. He won't move the needle too much this year. The Offense won't be make or break on that new WR. I think the two new TEs will have a bigger impact.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

4. New York Jets - Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE, Oregon

10. New York Jets (via SEA) - Drake London, WR, USC

31. New York Jets (via mock trade with CIN) - Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa

38. New York Jets (via CAR) - Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2022/insider/story/_/id/33721368/nfl-mock-draft-2022-mel-kiper-new-predictions-top-64-picks-rounds-1-2-including-first-round-trade

This board literally beat Kiper into submission so they can get the mock we all can get on board with. Good job jetnation. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

4. New York Jets - Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE, Oregon

10. New York Jets (via SEA) - Drake London, WR, USC

31. New York Jets (via mock trade with CIN) - Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa

38. New York Jets (via CAR) - Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2022/insider/story/_/id/33721368/nfl-mock-draft-2022-mel-kiper-new-predictions-top-64-picks-rounds-1-2-including-first-round-trade

Thib at 4? Did he move Hamilton into the top 3?

• Haha 3

I wouldn't complain - although part of me just wants to say F it and take Jameson Williams at 10. 

I'm not convinced that Linderbaum is the type of versatile lineman that this regime seems to prefer, but I wouldn't be able to argue with taking him at 31. 

I also prefer Kenneth Walker III to Breece Hall because of his gamebreaker potential, but both would be great picks for us. 

• Upvote 2