Most expensive defenses of 2022

52 minutes ago, Lith said:

4 guys account for half that number - $56M: Mosley ($17.5M), Lawson ($15.3M), JFM ($12.5M) and Quinnen ($10.5M)  Would llike to see these guys earn their money this year.

They also signed Reed and Whitehead. I'm not saying this is a too 10 D, but it should be better than last year. How could it be worse...

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Beaver said:

I wonder if there isn’t some context needed here.  I know the jets have by far the most players signed right now and they all won’t be on the team.   Are all of those players included?

This is actually a really good point. 

Also - you can't overstate how ridiculous the injuries have been the past three seasons. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MysticalJet2 said:

So do we go defense with 4 & 10 now ?

The cj mosely contract is an atrocity and that's on Mac still but they have gotten less than zero from Lawson and that's on JD 

Saleh should have enough resources to be higher than dead last they need to make the offense watchable 

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

The cj mosely contract is an atrocity and that's on Mac still but they have gotten less than zero from Lawson and that's on JD 

Saleh should have enough resources to be higher than dead last they need to make the offense watchable 

JDs fault that a player gets hurt.. classic jets fan nonsense. Was it the Bengals GMs fault that he drafted Joe Burrow and he tore his acl? Probably should have fired that gm on the spot.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, IntoTheGreen said:

They also signed Reed and Whitehead. I'm not saying this is a too 10 D, but it should be better than last year. How could it be worse...

I am going to be a contrarian.  In a draft where the Jets were virtually assured of being able to pick Sauce at 4 or Stingley at 10, I would have held off on signing Reed for $13mm. 

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

Lawson’s injury is on Douglas? That’s a tough sell, but I agree if Douglas can’t start finding guys who can last a season then that is 100% on Douglas. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

JDs fault that a player gets hurt.. classic jets fan nonsense. Was it the Bengals GMs fault that he drafted Joe Burrow and he tore his acl? Probably should have fired that gm on the spot.

Joe Borrow in 10 games as a rookie outproduced his cap hit.  He's already outproduced his rookie deal.   Lawson has had 14 game starts in 81 potential games.