Jets should be a top 10 offense/playoff contenders

Bronx

This A+ draft should translate to a Top 10 offense and make us a playoff contenders in 2022 

We have solid groups: TE (Conklin/ Ruckert) RB (Hall/Carter) WR (Moore/Wilson) and our OL (Becton at RT) should help drastically. 

Our D also gotten better with the new additions and with healthy veterans returning it should have a major impact in 2022's final PFF.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

This A+ draft should translate to a Top 10 offense and make us a playoff contenders in 2022 

We have a very solid TE (Conklin/ Ruckert) RB (Hall/Carter) WR (Moore/Wilson) and OL.

Our D also gotten better with the new additions and with healthy veterans returning it should have major impact in 2022's final PFF.

This will All depend on how they come out of training camp... If healthy & on the same page... I'll Only Hope for The Best. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

They’re rookies.

They did a great job drafting but they’re not making the playoff next year. Give it a few year before this kicks in. 

I’d be happy with .500 or over. 

That was exactly what I was going to say.

The defense was what last year?  #30 overall?  You added a corner in FA, Sauce, hopefully Lawson can contribute, a rookie DE.   Maybe that gets them up to #16-18?   Which would be a huge improvement.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Bronx said:

We have a very solid TE (Conklin/ Ruckert) RB (Hall/Carter) WR (Moore/Wilson) and OL.

Our D also gotten better with the new additions and with healthy veterans returning it should have major impact in 2022's final PFF.

don't set yourself up for disappointment man. this year should be all about developing all our new players and getting it all set up for next year when we are hopefully legit contenders. i'd be ecstatic this year to see around 8 wins and all our new player from last year and this year develop. if becton can stay on the field and if mims can actually contribute then look out

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

They’re rookies.

They did a great job drafting but they’re not making the playoff next year. Give it a few year before this kicks in. 

I’d be happy with .500 or over. 

It's not just the new players -The rookies from last year should make major strides.  Whole roster in the second year of a system.  OC in his second year...

Bottom line, this team should be completing for a playoff spot this year.  May fall short for sure - but I would be shocked if we're all not getting up on a Sunday in December in anticipation of a football game that has serious playoff implications.

• Upvote 1

Next season still isn’t gonna be great. We’ll have a few more highs but expecting a playoff push isn’t realistic. 2023 season is where the expectations should be high. All these young guys will be in their 2-3-4 seasons and should be familiar with the system at the point. 2023 is when we should really see everything starting to come together. I hope it happens sooner but I’m realistic. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

5 hours ago, Bronx said:

We have solid groups: TE (Conklin/ Ruckert) RB (Hall/Carter) WR (Moore/Wilson) and our OL (Becton at RT) should help drastically. 

Our D also gotten better with the new additions and with healthy veterans returning it should have a major impact in 2022's final PFF.

Seriously,  you are expecting all of them to be dominant  out of the gate as rookies?

• Upvote 1

This will be the youngest team in the league and will start more rookies then any other team in the league.

Could we be a top 10 offense and make the playoffs?  Sure.  But more then likely we are a year away from that.

I have this upcoming season as one of the funnest, most exciting seasons we have had in over a decade.  This team will be competitive and explosive.  But youth will catch up w/ them in the end and they will win about 8 games.

2023 is the year we explode out of the gate, overtake the Bills in the AFC East, and go on a run of dominance for over a decade w/ multiple Super Bowl wins.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Yes tough division.  Somewhere in the 8-9 range with some promising wins and most all of us will be happy.  Every year is a fresh start in the NFL and unexpected things happen.  Teams expected to do well sometimes falter and it can snowball down hill.  Win our first three games and your outlook will completely change.  I’m not predicting this just can’t wait to see how this group comes together.  

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

The defense was what last year?  #30 overall?  You added a corner in FA, Sauce, hopefully Lawson can contribute, a rookie DE.   Maybe that gets them up to #16-18?   Which would be a huge improvement.

You are forgetting the rank was bad because the offense couldn’t sustain either. A good offense and the D was top 20 with no changes.

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

They added:

-two starting edges (Lawson returning)

-Mosley hopefully with the rust knocked off will be a bit better and another linebacker

-Two starting corners and a starting safety

Just think, Hall and Echols, who we were all saying are good enough to be our starters are now fourth and fifth string.  The secondary is deep! 

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves here.  Yes, the Jets hit a home run with this draft...it's all paper stuff though.  I read in another thread that if this team fails it's all on ZW...that's laughable.  So many things for this team to jell and yes, Wilson is a big part of it.  We have no idea how these rookies are going to perform...NONE.  Then there are injuries and they will happen.  Our defense last season was swiss cheese and we're hoping that Carl Lawson can come back to the pass rusher we hope he is...big question mark with all the injuries he's had.  Who really knows how Becton will perform.  The division we're in only has gotten better...and again, JD hit it out of the park with these draft picks and we're all EXCITED, but all they are right now are high mark draft picks and all draft picks are suspect until proven.  And let me just put it out there in case many of you weren't around or didn't pay attention...I wasn't a Darnold guy and I wasn't a Wilson guy...the guy I wanted is up in Buffalo.

****in hell. This is exactly why so many of you guys are miserable about this team all the time. They were 4-12 last year and now you expect them to be top ten and playoff-bound?? That’s just dumb. 

They had an awesome draft but there’s still a lot of youth and question marks on this team and who knows if they licked the injury bug or not. 

Temper your expectations.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

47 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This will be the youngest team in the league and will start more rookies then any other team in the league.

Could we be a top 10 offense and make the playoffs?  Sure.  But more then likely we are a year away from that.

I have this upcoming season as one of the funnest, most exciting seasons we have had in over a decade.  This team will be competitive and explosive.  But youth will catch up w/ them in the end and they will win about 8 games.

2023 is the year we explode out of the gate, overtake the Bills in the AFC East, and go on a run of dominance for over a decade w/ multiple Super Bowl wins.

Hold on there snappy lol.. While I share your enthusiasm, I don't think we're overtaking the Bills in 2023. I believe we might give them a better run, but I still think they will be the team to beat. That is now all on Mr. ZW. I would have preferred to get a starting Center out of this years draft, but in no way am I complaining. There are to many question marks surrounding Becton. I wanted a center or OT in round 2, but we traded away our picks for JJ, which again won't complain. We made a big step forward, and next years draft should be the icing on the cake to keep the great foundation JD has given us building this team from the ground up.

13 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

the guy I wanted is up in Buffalo.

If I was smart enough to search my old postings, I believe I said the same thing. He was my choice over Darnold, even though I was happy we selected Darnold, because I didn't think he would bust that easy. I actually thought Allen while more upside had more bust potential. He has turned into the prototypical QB you'd want on your team. Big, Tall, Cannon Arm, and can run like the wind. He's going to be a beast for a while in this division.

• Upvote 1

What is the most exciting aspect of all this is that they are setting up a scenario where they have 2 WR's, a TE and 2 RB's surrounding Wilson for at least the next 3 years to grow with him.  This can grow into something special if Wilson continues to progress.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

+1

You really do type the smartest things.

• Haha 2