The Jake Asman show

5 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I remember back in the day when people would start new threads to drop their videos.

Now these young-go-hards are starting new threads reviewing YouTube content creators.

Ain't no country for old men no more. 

Huh? I’m just a guy who is bored and looking to pass the time between shifts as a line cook at Bonefish Grill

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, LongTimeJetFan said:

Huh? I’m just a guy who is bored and looking to pass the time between shifts as a line cook at Bonefish Grill

I'm a bartender. You're a trooper. Nothing easy about that gig. 

• Upvote 2

You can keep your expectations low and even continue the SOJ mentality (if you do do that, not saying you do) but you cannot argue that the approach towards improving this team has not been methodical and smart this offseason.  The norm with this team for the last decade especially has been get foolishly excited over popular FAs signing here, not because of promising young players and what seems to be actual depth we now have.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, LongTimeJetFan said:

I Watched something called the Jake Asman show on YouTube. Give the young man a lot of credit, seems to be making $ off of it. However why are Jets fans always so optimistic before the season starts? Why do they believe the organization deserves any respect from the media? 

The way he and all of these other folks went after Brady Quinn for predicting Zach Wilson and the Jets will start 1-8 was laughable.

I have followed this team for almost 50 years and know this fanbase well. All will be good until Week 1 kickoff. After the first loss the entire fanbase will be ready to fire everyone. 

Let's be miserable all year long!

Oh Yeah Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 1

I Watched something called the Jake Asman show on YouTube. Give the young man a lot of credit, seems to be making $ off of it. However why are Jets fans always so optimistic before the season starts? Why do they believe the organization deserves any respect from the media? 

The way he and all of these other folks went after Brady Quinn for predicting Zach Wilson and the Jets will start 1-8 was laughable.

I have followed this team for almost 50 years and know this fanbase well. All will be good until Week 1 kickoff. After the first loss the entire fanbase will be ready to fire everyone. 

You are afflicted w/ the disease most jet fans have.  The Jets fans who can see the forest for the trees will accept you with open arms when by week 5 you are shouting from the rooftops about this team.

Enjoy your last few months of misery.  But there is no place for it here anymore.

• Upvote 2

If you can't be optimistic before a season starts why bother being a fan?  

There's reason for hope with this team.  Obviously a bunch of things have to work out but that could be said about every team.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

3 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I remember back in the day when people would start new threads to drop their videos.

Now these young-go-hards are starting new threads reviewing YouTube content creators.

old man relax GIF

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, LongTimeJetFan said:

However why are Jets fans always so optimistic before the season starts? 

Being optimistic before a season when Chaz Schilens is your #1 receiver is not the same as being optimistic before a season when Corey Davis is your #3 receiver.  There are actual reasons for hope this year.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, MykePM said:

Being optimistic before a season when Chaz Schilens is your #1 receiver is not the same as being optimistic before a season when Corey Davis is your #3 receiver.  There are actual reasons for hope this year.

yall do know Corey is still the X on this team which would still technically mean he is still #1 WR on the team. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I heard about a movie titled that but it is really old. I'm not sure if we ever had HD streaming back then. God that was so long ago was I even born yet? 

12 hours ago, LongTimeJetFan said:

I like Jake.  He doesn't claim to be anything other than a Jets fan.  He has a radio gig in Houston but also puts out a huge amount of Jets content.  A bit of a cheerleader but so am I. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

yall do know Corey is still the X on this team which would still technically mean he is still #1 WR on the team. 

Completely agree.  Corey Davis is the number 1 receiver on this team.  That doesnt mean anything regarding how good garrett wilson is.  It just means we have a year to ease him into the lineup and he can learn from the vet.

Now Wilson is still going to play a ton as we will go 3 and 4 wide often.  But make no mistake.  Corey davis is still our number 1 for 1 more year.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I like Jake.  He doesn't claim to be anything other than a Jets fan.  He has a radio gig in Houston but also puts out a huge amount of Jets content.  A bit of a cheerleader but so am I. 

I’m used to Francesa and Beningo who tell it like it is without an agenda. 

You are afflicted w/ the disease most jet fans have.  The Jets fans who can see the forest for the trees will accept you with open arms when by week 5 you are shouting from the rooftops about this team.
Enjoy your last few months of misery.  But there is no place for it here anymore.
How much ecstasy did you actually consume ???? ... inquiring minds need to know.

(... and for those without a sarcasm meter ... I feel sad for you)4dfe5a406434db97f107729f3f1363eb.gif

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Completely agree.  Corey Davis is the number 1 receiver on this team.  That doesnt mean anything regarding how good garrett wilson is.  It just means we have a year to ease him into the lineup and he can learn from the vet.

Now Wilson is still going to play a ton as we will go 3 and 4 wide often.  But make no mistake.  Corey davis is still our number 1 for 1 more year.

"WR1" is just a designation.  Call him whatever you want.  When it's all said and done, he'll have WR3 stats at the end of next season.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

"WR1" is just a designation.  Call him whatever you want.  When it's all said and done, he'll have WR3 stats at the end of next season.  

If he stays healthy for 17 games he will be the 2nd leading receiver on this team behind Moore.  Corey Davis is very talented when he is on the field and Zach has great chemistry with him.

The only question is can he stay on the field this year.

10 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

4 hours ago, Supersonic said:

I think there's a whole conversation around what the term "#1 receiver" really means.  Is it (1) the receiver who's in the role that the offense is designed to feature, or is it (2) the receiver with the most talent, or is it (3) the one who ends up with the most receiving yards at the end of the year?  

If all stay healthy, I'd say that (1) is Corey Davis, (2) is Garrett Wilson, and (3) will be Elijah Moore.  No matter how you slice it up, having those three in our WR room is light years ahead of the Chaz Schilens / Jeremy Kerley days.

• Upvote 2