Flacco starting against Ravens; Wilson out until week 4: MERGED

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

There was a reason Saleh was praising Flacco so highly in training camp - saying he should be a starter in this league.

I think he truly believes (like every Defensive minded head coach does) that the vet gives the team the best chance to win RIGHT NOW.

Saleh also understands that the future of this team and his tenure rides heavily on Zack Wilson's development or lack thereof. 

This injury just gave Saleh the perfect excuse to try and have his cake and eat it too.

Except for the fact that his defense was worse than the offense last year. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Saleh needs some PR lessons when it comes to injuries. Yesterday your saying he might play Sunday and now today your announcing he’s out for another month at least?!! WTF is going on?!!!!!

This is why in my post I said this should fume the fan base, wanting some honest explanations for this. Was there more involved than just the meniscus. Meniscus tears after surgery take universally 2 to 4 weeks to heal. What gives????

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The theory behind not saying Wilson was out this week was "gamesmanship". Well then why are we declaring him out for week 2 and 3 today? 

The big lie about Zach wasn't about gamesmanship.  It was about ticket sales. 

And week 1 begins tomorrow.  They couldn't continue the big lie thru the final days of practice.   

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

You're literally the only one thinking this nonsense lol. Nobody from Zach's side is doing anything. 

He didn't say likely playing - but he said we'll see how he does and that he has a chance. Which he shouldn't have. Should just say "flacco will be starter in the mean time, currently no timeline on wilson, we're taking it slow" or some bs. 

So the coach is a meathead. That’s not good either. I haven’t gotten that impression though…

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

Lol he was never "likely playing".  Teams blow smoke all the time.  Saleh needs to pipe down when it comes to injuries.  There is no parent conspiracy here or whatever the eff.

I do think it is possible he was very uncomfortable at his workout yesterday, and that made the team sound the alarms.

Most likely this. Zach's knee was iffy today after working out and they're like F it...you're taking a few weeks at the least. We're not risking this. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Zachtomims47 said:

Most likely this. Zach's knee was iffy today after working out and they're like F it...you're taking a few weeks at the least. We're not risking this. 

He worked out yesterday too. Unless he aggravated the knee then something doesn’t add up. 

Just now, Zachtomims47 said:

Most likely, they have had a good idea all along but didn't want to slow an already troubling lack of ticket sales for the September games.  I don't trust week 5 either TBH.  Fool me once shame on you. Fool me again shame on me.

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Don't you love the way Jets didn't reveal the truth until now?  the motive behind that was clearly ticket sales for the September games.  They have a monster-load of unsold tickets.  More tickets to be sold for September under the pretense that Zach would be back.   SMH

Thus franchise has always been deceptive when it comes to injuries.  Plus the jets medical staff historically bad.  Not sure about the current regime though.

I'm pretty sure every facet of this franchise is a steaming pile of sh1t. From the Johnsons all the was down to he guy so sells counterfeit jets swag on the side of the street. 

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He worked out yesterday too. Unless he aggravated the knee then something doesn’t add up. 

Another theory:  the coaches believe Flacco is better, and figure they can start him for a few games while they get wilson more reps to get him ready.  This is far easier than 1) naming Flacco the starter, or 2) throwing wilson out there when he’s rusty and destined to get killed.

• Upvote 1

Just now, dbatesman said:

1. He aggravated the knee.

2. Mr. Positive Vibes Only came out and blew sunshine up everyone’s ass even though the prognosis was not great.

3. Jets doctors don’t know what they’re doing.

Some combo of the three seems likely.

If number 2 is what happened then the over promising and under delivering act will have him out of a job come January. Either way, the Jets are coming out of the gate in full disaster mode.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Another theory:  the coaches believe Flacco is better, and figure they can start him for a few games while they get wilson more reps to get him ready.  This is far easier than 1) naming Flacco the starter, or 2) throwing wilson out there when he’s rusty and destined to get killed.

It’s possible. Not sure why Saleh would be selling everyone on Wilson being ready to go yesterday then.

I think Saleh is an idiot. He was obviously trying to play that dumb game coaches do when they make the other team guess the starter. 

But now he's got egg on his face and a fan base angry at him because he obviously over stated how ready Zach was. 

The team definitely knew he wasn't going to be ready until Week 4. 

Just now, dbatesman said:

2. Mr. Positive Vibes Only came out and blew sunshine up everyone’s ass even though the prognosis was not great.

Probably this.

Setting aside for a moment this website's zero sum game arguing about Wilson, Saleh, etc.... this is just depressing.  Feels like every year we get an earlier dagger.  And we will never get this QB thing right.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Ok, so take 1. off the table.

Somebody do us all a favor and just contract this ******* toilet fire of a franchise already.

• Haha 4