Flacco starting against Ravens; Wilson out until week 4: MERGED

Rhg1084

Our young, explosive, possible franchise qb is healthy and is going to be announced the starting qb for week 1.  And the majority of this fanbase is miserable about it.  The disease..................................

They dont practice until Wed.  Zach will be announced the starter by Saleh in the press conference prior to practice and he will get all starters reps, Wed, Thurs, and Fri.

Hes not being rushed nor is he hobbled.  He was given and extra week to heal and his workout went well yesterday.

But keep ignoring facts.

Saleh was about to say it in the press conference but held back.  This was a 2 week injury but they conservatively said 2-4 weeks.  Jet fans who have no optimism and cant see the bright side of anything now have 4 weeks in their mind and they cant get past it.

This is a 2 week injury.  Jets gave him an extra week to heal and not rush him.  He worked out yesterday and it went well. He will be announced the start tomorrow morning, will take all 1st team reps Wed, Thurs and Fri and be ready to go Sunday.

This is not complicated.

So @Joe W. Namath, it appears it may be a bit more complicated than you thought.

A few questions I'd like to solicit your opinions on:

1. Why is Zach Wilson not starting if he only had a "2 week injury"?

2. If Saleh was "about to say it (Zach starting)", why has he made a complete 180?

3. Is Saleh lacking "optimism" and is he failing to "see the bright side" re: Zach?

4. Why did Saleh say he didn't want to rush Zach if you say it wasn't rushing Zach?

5. Why is the "earliest" we'll see Zach week 4, per Saleh?

6. Is it still a "fact" we're ignoring that Wilson is starting Week 1?

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I don’t think Saleh saying he’s going to play has anything to do with loving Flacco. This feels like Zach’s agent or parents or whomever stepping in. Typical Jets sh*t show. Hopefully Flacco has something left because you have to be just about done with Zach for pulling something like this (or what it appears to be).

Seriously? This is the NFL.  Wilson's mommy or his "entourage" doesn't get a say in when he plays.

20 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I don’t think Saleh saying he’s going to play has anything to do with loving Flacco. This feels like Zach’s agent or parents or whomever stepping in. Typical Jets sh*t show. Hopefully Flacco has something left because you have to be just about done with Zach for pulling something like this (or what it appears to be).

image.gif.2bac1081a4378a45625dec3a840f8345.gif

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So @Joe W. Namath, it appears it may be a bit more complicated than you thought.

A few questions I'd like to solicit your opinions on:

1. Why is Zach Wilson not starting if he only had a "2 week injury"?

2. If Saleh was "about to say it (Zach starting)", why has he made a complete 180?

3. Is Saleh lacking "optimism" and is he failing to "see the bright side" re: Zach?

4. Why did Saleh say he didn't want to rush Zach if you say it wasn't rushing Zach?

5. Why is the "earliest" we'll see Zach week 4, per Saleh?

6. Is it still a "fact" we're ignoring that Wilson is starting Week 1?

Answer for 1-6: Probably had a setback after the 2nd workout yesterday.

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Don't you love the way Jets didn't reveal the truth until now?  the motive behind that was clearly ticket sales for the September games.  They have a monster-load of unsold tickets.  More tickets to be sold for September under the pretense that Zach would be back.   SMH

Thus franchise has always been deceptive when it comes to injuries.  Plus the jets medical staff historically bad.  Not sure about the current regime though.

The idea of fans going to Jets games just to watch the #32 ranked QB play is as funny to me as the idea of people flocking to the Smithsonian National Zoo to watch two rats in the parking lot f*ck under a hot car.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

A crushing blow.  Not a good sign.  Knee is worse then they are letting on.

could have rehurt it simply by simple throwing catch. I blew my knee out, had it operated on in HS , was almost ready to return and tore cartilage just shooting free throws on sideline..

• Upvote 1

Poking Joe Willy in the eye aside, this is a pretty huge setback.  :-k

Kid will now have missed meaningful stretches of games that count in both his first two seasons.  For the same knee.

We can still get a good bead on who Wilson is and what improvement he's made over 14 weeks of games, but losing three games to start the year is truly a huge disappointment.  

I think there is a real reason to ask why Zach is unavailable till week 4 if that is in fact what was said. 

Once again the judgement of our medical team, and the public statements of the Jets, come under question for accuracy.  And if Zach isn't in fact ready by week 4, whoah, will the fit hit the shan then.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

I think Saleh is an idiot. He was obviously trying to play that dumb game coaches do when they make the other team guess the starter. 

But now he's got egg on his face and a fan base angry at him because he obviously over stated how ready Zach was. 

The team definitely knew he wasn't going to be ready until Week 4. 

So you think he was purposely using misdirection on the other team (I agree) but now he has egg on his face because he over did it. OK.

get a grip

• Upvote 1