Flacco starting against Ravens; Wilson out until week 4: MERGED

Rhg1084

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I'm just gonna say this.

If we are down by 7 in the early fourth quarter, I'm gonna want Streveler.

There....I said it.  Out loud.

I agree with you but we have all been around long enough to know how the first 3 weeks go.

Flacco gets sacked in the 1st qtr and hurts his back. Mike white finishes, throws for 300 and 3td's and we beat the ravens. We beat Cleveland week 2 with white looking good again. Close loss to bengals week 3 but again white looks good.

Now to week 4 and they have to decide is Zach ready or do you stay with White?

The decision is meaningless as we finish up the season at 6-11. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

More BS from BS

BS on Monday:  "Yeah, there's a chance.  I'll let you guys know Wednesday"

BS today:  "He's gonna be out until Pittsburgh (week 4) at the earliest"

Bobby has some snake oil (and "AGNB" tees) for sale too if anybody's interested

Yup. He is simply not an honest individual. Sneaky political rat, not a leader 

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

He honestly didn't say much, now that im looking back at what he said on WFAN. Media/us fans just run with the two words of "it's possible"...

Robert Saleh said that “it’s possible” Wilson could be starting under center for Sunday’s season opener against the Baltimore Ravens.

“We put Zach through a workout today. [He] looked good, felt good,” Saleh said. “We are going to see how the knee responds today and tomorrow and have an answer for everyone on Wednesday.” “Everyone heals differently,” Saleh said. “We’ll see what happens tomorrow but …everyone responds differently.”

Still too much info though. 

You don’t go from it’s possible to out indefinitely in 24 hours unless something happened that the team isn’t telling us. Could it be he got hurt again? Saleh said no. Do the Jets think Flacco gives them a better chance to win? Certainly possible. Does Wilson not feel ready to play mentally? Could be. Does he have final say on the matter? I’d say yes. Could his agent be involved? They always are.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

This is the first time I've felt SOJ since last season ended.  Why do we let ourselves get positive vibes ever, it's a godamn let down every single time.

Can we start talking about the draft yet?

I've been talking about the 2027 draft for a while now.  Hop on board!

• Haha 2

I don't think Saleh had any intention of starting Zach week one after he was injured but week 4? He kept raving about Joe Flacco over and over as a starter in this league. The injury gave him an excuse and Zach has not practiced in weeks. Now plan is week 4. I am not sure Saleh wants to have his career tied to Wilson at this point.

If Flacco lays an egg against the Ravens  then start Streveler following week at least he has some mobility and you never know might catch lightning in a bottle. He was the best QB we seen this year in preseason.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, SuicidalSince98 said:

Yup. He is simply not an honest individual. Sneaky political rat, not a leader 

I would forgive him if he actually won football games. 

Last I checked, that was his job.  But he can't manage that either.

He can peddle as much snake oil on the side as he wants.  Just give me results.

9 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Seriously? This is the NFL.  Wilson's mommy or his "entourage" doesn't get a say in when he plays.

Believe it or not Wilson's mommy has some power.  Her brother is one of the top sponsors to the new york jets, if not the top.  He spent 400mil last year on the openner.  She is no joke.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So you think he was purposely using misdirection on the other team (I agree) but now he has egg on his face because he over did it. OK.

get a grip

Get a grip? Huh? 

In less than 24 hours Saleh went from Zach has been having good workouts and theres a chance he'll play to Zach is out 3, possibly 4 weeks. 

Definitely has egg on his face for clearly overstating how close Zach was. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, SickJetFan said:

Believe it or not Wilson's mommy has some power.  Her brother is one of the top sponsors to the new york jets, if not the top.  He spent 400mil last year on the openner.  She is no joke.

I mean to say they have no influence or say is banana land. His family owns one of the biggest sponsors of the franchise.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1