Lawson is the worst FA signing in recent years.

Warfish

Just now, RoadFan said:

Achilles is the absolute worst injury.  

Was always very unlikely he would ever be the same athlete again.

It’s much more than that. As I said at the time of the signing to mass downvotes, Lawson is an anvil not a hammer. He needs a hammer (i.e. legit pass rusher on the other side) to do his thing.

Problem is we paid him like Hammer Time.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

It’s much more than that. As I said at the time of the signing to mass downvotes, Lawson is an anvil not a hammer. He needs a hammer (i.e. legit pass rusher on the other side) to do his thing.

Problem is we paid him like Hammer Time.

We’re seeing why he was a consistent 5 sack guy (but with pressures!) in Cincy: he had good speed and power moving forward, but he has the lateral mobility of a cruise ship. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Was that a SARcastIc remark?

It’s facts! They had to cut Mason mid-season because he was such a ******* a$$hole in the huddle. They asked Flacco about Mason and his only comment was “Yeah, he knows how many catches he has in a game and he lets you know about it.”

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

3-years, $45 million.

Missed his entire first season here due to injury.

Is a complete non-entity so far in 2022.  

For all the hype when he was signed, the guy is a joke. 

Mr. led the league in "Almost got there" doesn't even almost get there much anymore.

The failure of an investment (so far) is a big part of why our pass rush, and Defense, has been so horrid during the Saleh Era.  

Is there any reason to think he is going to turn it around and start producing?  Or is this now just a sunk cost.

I mean I can’t blame the guy for getting hurt.  Also Achilles is one of the worst injuries and many athletes are never the same.  Does it look bad now? Yeah but at the time we all liked it 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

It’s facts! They had to cut Mason mid-season because he was such a ******* a$$hole in the huddle. They asked Flacco about Mason and his only comment was “Yeah, he knows how many catches he has in a game and he lets you know about it.”

I mean the part about the Sanchize.  

This sort of thing can happen when you promote “culture” over tangible production

This and the Corey Davis type signings might make your team incrementally better but they don’t really move the needle

You’re basically betting on your coaching staff being able to take the player to another level, which doesn’t look like it’s happening anytime soon

• Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Bad contract, but only one more year. Fortunately, it wasn't some mega contract with 6 years .

What contracts are actually 6 years?

It may actually have been better as a 6 year deal because then you can manipulate the cap and if he ends up doing well next year.. you'd have him on a reasonable contract. If he blows up next year, he's gone or you're paying premium pass rusher prices which are high. 

6 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

This sort of thing can happen when you promote “culture” over tangible production

This and the Corey Davis type signings might make your team incrementally better but they don’t really move the needle

You’re basically betting on your coaching staff being able to take the player to another level, which doesn’t look like it’s happening anytime soon

Rock and a hard place. 

When the team is this bad, you need culture changers, otherwise you just gets guys who get paid and quit.

You aren't getting huge, premium FA signings because, #1 premium FA don't usually hit the market, #2, if they do, they don't want to go to a team that wins 4 games a year.

• Upvote 1