Lawson is the worst FA signing in recent years.

Warfish

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

3-years, $45 million.

Missed his entire first season here due to injury.

Is a complete non-entity so far in 2022.  

For all the hype when he was signed, the guy is a joke. 

Mr. led the league in "Almost got there" doesn't even almost get there much anymore.

The failure of an investment (so far) is a big part of why our pass rush, and Defense, has been so horrid during the Saleh Era.  

Is there any reason to think he is going to turn it around and start producing?  Or is this now just a sunk cost.

“Sunk cost”…..not even “warning track power”.

58 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

It is not fair to compare Lawson now to the player he was when he was signed.  Recovery from an Achilles injury is extremely difficult.  The "I told you sos" on this signing are not legitimate.  Good try though.

So maybe don't play him anymore. Maybe he can play special teams?

2 hours ago, bgivs21 said:

I mean, if you want to get on him you can but how much did you really expect coming off an Achilles injury!? 

That is, for the most part, a death sentence for nfl careers. 

I get it.  What do positive Jets fans say?  We give excuses, excuses and more excuses.

What do negative Jets fans fay?  The guy sucks, the coaches suck, and the team sucks.

I'm more like the negative Jets fan right now.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Just going to leave this here

QB "Pressures", the subjective 'Stat' that marks when a Defender "almost got there, like seriously, I totes almost got there, that QB knew I was there, or like, in his mind eye he 'saw' me coming, I totes messed up that play, it's on the DB why the pass was completed for 40 yards and a score".

3rd in the league, I retract my complaint.  Or maybe I just almost retract it.

• Haha 1

Yet he couldn’t make a play on 3rd down on the opening drive to get the defense off the field 
The Bengals opening drive TD basically set the tone for the rest of the game 

So he sucks?
Also IMO, the roughing the passer penalty was the turning point of the game. That penalty eventually led to a TD.

By your rational Garret Wilson sucks because he had a drop last week.
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Joe Douglas free agent signings in general have been absolutely atrocious since the day he took over.

LOL - no GM hits all of his signings and NO GM can know if an Achilles tear is going to happen. Everyone thought the Brown signing was the best option and then he got hurt. Players get hurt. Which is worse this contract or Mosely?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Actually the bigger question is what high priced Fa has this team signed the last decade who has been remotely close to the money they get?

The Jets are retirement central for players who no longer want to play but want the pay check  (See Duane Brown)

Brian Poole CB - Nickel Back

LaRon Landry S - 1 yr 2012

Calvin Pace OLB 2008

best i could come up with off the top of my head  lol 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

LOL - no GM hits all of his signings and NO GM can know if an Achilles tear is going to happen. Everyone thought the Brown signing was the best option and then he got hurt. Players get hurt. Which is worse this contract or Mosely?

Well it's a good thing Douglas restructured Mosley so we have him another year so we could sign Brown. 

• Upvote 1

For all the achilles excuses, the guy is exactly the same now as what he was throughout his time in Cincy, a player who "almost" gets there many times, but very rarely actually gets there in the end.  It's the reason why they let him walk for nothing, and a premier position like pass rusher couldn't get any more than a 3-year deal in FA.

While he has averaging 5 sacks per season, the Jets were getting more out of the likes of Jordan Jenkins and Henry Anderson during that stretch.

It's just continuing the longstanding trend of this team heavily investing in a DL that's "solid" but ultimately a very poor ROI.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Alka said:

I get it.  What do positive Jets fans say?  We give excuses, excuses and more excuses.

What do negative Jets fans fay?  The guy sucks, the coaches suck, and the team sucks.

I'm more like the negative Jets fan right now.

The good thing about being a negative jet fan is that your proven to be right year in and year out about literally everything. Because every single thing they do is wrong. Lol ? 

• Upvote 1

Why do I feel so much worse than I ought to as a fan whose team is 1 game below .500?

I don't know which is worse, our QB situation, our coaching staff, or our 4 man front DL.  None of it seems to be working.  In the overall scheme of things an underperforming FA or two is not very high on my list.    

• Upvote 3

Nania, Blewett & the Jets X Factor crew were praising

him as  better pass rusher than Hendrickson, how did that

work out.  How many weeks in a row will the "All Gas crew"

come out flat and let our opponents march down and score

on the first drive, effectively ending the game

• WTF? 1

How about activating Huff, and giving him the bulk of snaps. If only to send a message to Lawson. You need to produce, or you don't play  Doesn't make a difference to me if he's still finding his way after that injury. We need to win games. This isn't a feel sorry for you game.

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

3-years, $45 million.

Missed his entire first season here due to injury.

Is a complete non-entity so far in 2022.  

For all the hype when he was signed, the guy is a joke. 

Mr. led the league in "Almost got there" doesn't even almost get there much anymore.

The failure of an investment (so far) is a big part of why our pass rush, and Defense, has been so horrid during the Saleh Era.  

Is there any reason to think he is going to turn it around and start producing?  Or is this now just a sunk cost.

I disagree he make the pocket move and gets pressure. He is def not the problem on def

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hmhertz said:

Nania, Blewett & the Jets X Factor crew were praising

him as  better pass rusher than Hendrickson, how did that

work out.  How many weeks in a row will the "All Gas crew"

come out flat and let our opponents march down and score

on the first drive, effectively ending the game

Social media has convinced people that jackasses in their basements know what they are talking about.

Massively overrated player who is a one trick pony that doesnt do that one trick very well.  Add the Achilles and this shouldnt be a surprise to anyone, he's pretty much who he's always been.  He's up there w/ Trumaine Johnson, Kahlil, etc.  JD pretty much is a disaster when you think about it.  Pure sh*t.

10 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Well it's a good thing Douglas restructured Mosley so we have him another year so we could sign Brown. 

Mosley having an additional cap hit next year shouldn’t have any effect on keeping him. All it means is some 2022 $ was moved to his already-bloated 2023 $.

IOW since the $ pushed to next year was guaranteed, it was a sunk cost anyway.

It only looks messier on paper because there’ll be more cap $ with his name than if another who was restructured, but it’s the same dollars & the same amount either way.

Summary: he’s every bit as cuttable after this season as if he wasn’t restructured.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1