Poll: What should the Jets do with Moore?

What should the Jets do with Moore   

118 members have voted

1. 1. What should Jets do with Moore

• Try to work it out
    • Trade him for top 40 pick
    • Let him rot on the bench

I can understand those who want him out of here. But even in the 2021 draft, he graded out in the first round. If something can be worked out, he is a stud player and be a big part of this team the next few years.

Although, you can't have a cancer in the locker room. And we already have GW17.

It's just that the thought of EM, GW17, and Beast going forward is pretty exciting. 

They really should try to work it out.

He's a talented player and an obvious asset on the field. I can understand those who want to move on, but the last thing the Jets should be doing right now is taking weapons away from a developing quarterback.

If the Jets trade Moore for future picks, they are one injury away from relying on the Jeff Smiths of the world to be major contributors. Do people not remember how hopeless the offenses were in 2020 and 2021? They need to tread carefully and make sound strategic decisions.

Emotions are high right now. Give some time for things cool off a bit, and reassess after the season.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

A lot of the trade/keep decision is dependent on Moore’s attitude starting Monday. If he is apologetic and is willing to accept his role then you move forward with him. If he comes in with the same me me me attitude you have to look at what kind of trade packages are out there. You definitely don’t take 50 cents on the dollar in a trade though.

• Upvote 1

I think if he shows contrition and genuinely wants to rejoin the team, you try to work it out, with the understanding that he’s on a short leash going forward. 

If not, you trade him to the highest bidder.

It would be great to work it out, but if he’s twat, he’s a twat. You just have to be completely honest with yourself about who this guy is, either way. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Trade him for a second and another conditional pick 

There's no point in breaking his spirit with some kind of standoff 

He's not going to ever be this blocking wr they want 

The Jets are not going to work it out

Trade him and draft a bunch of tight ends to go with this genius offense from the 1950s 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Trade him and draft a bunch of tight ends to go with this genius offense from the 1950s 

I was about to report this post

stop being  negative Nancy 

Angry Tongue GIF by Rosanna Pansino

• Haha 1

I’d try to work it out with Moore but either way we have the right man in charge to handle it. We’ll either work it out or let him rot until JD swings a trade for above market value. JD turns water into wine when it comes to the trade market. Never been less worried/stressed in my life over a team distraction. It’ll work out 

i dont want to, but we have to trade him. leaving him on the team will just cause more trouble cause he can talk others into feeling this way. or more like they already do feel this way or have other problems with how things are going and Moore will just help spread it.

he asked for a trade and then gets benched? thats not good. that looks like this cant be repaired.

he has to go now

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

8. Decline Zach Wilson’s fifth year option anyway.

I feel like Zach is due for the mark Sanchez "sunk cost" extension 

We'll be here in year 7 waiting for the next step and people will say things like "but he's only played 3 years worth of football" 

The thing is if Geno Smith can be a good qb so can Zach it just might take a decade 

• Upvote 1

He's a good young player and I'd like to see him remain a Jet, but I question if there's any coming back from this. He's going to need to genuinely humble himself in front of those guys in the locker room. Hard enough to imagine him humbling himself let alone the guys he sh*t on buying it.

My gut says we're going to have no choice but to move on. Hopefully Mims shows us something over the next few weeks.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Bad precedent to give into 2nd round player in his second year.  

you are correct on the blocking wr.  That’s not him. 

they need to find out how to use him  

would you rather throw the ball 50 times and be 1-2 or 25 times and be 3-0?

• Upvote 2