Zach Wilson is just fine, he's right where he should be, this fanbase has lost their minds!

JetsRay

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

He’s looking up at Josh Rosen. He’s in Jamarcus Russell territory now. 

I think you are making the OPs point. Russell and Rosen were busts from day one. While Zack has NOT looked good recently, he did play well enough to come back from a deficit twice this year. Much blame has to go to LaFleur as he is trying to fit ZW into a game manager role, and ZW only really looks comfortable in the 4th Q from behind when he gets to be more himself.

Not saying ZW is not going to bust, but 18 games in after loosing best OL and best weapon, is probably a bit early. Look at Geno (not saying we should wait 8 years at all).

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JetPotato said:

You can't coach the stupid out of anyone. Zach is stupid.

I've seen everything I need to see. He misses open throws routinely and has happy feet. That never goes away.

He flat out stinks. When guys like Burrow and Allen were playing the same number of games, there were mistakes, but there were also moments where you see the stardom potential. With Zach, all I see is junk. 

You wouldn't mind if Zach's INTs were trying to fit the ball into a tight window.   Or after stepping up in the pocket to avoid the rush.  Instead, we have a QB who panics quickly, always runs to the right sideline, doesn't step out or dump the ball, and often flings the ball blindly into space where it's picked off.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

What made Zach's game a negative for me were the amount of total missed on short passes. The INTs were strange in the fact that they were throw aways that didnt get thown far enough away. I'd be more concerned if it were to a wide open defender with no Wr in sight.  For this reason I would not catagorize the INTs as Zach seeing ghosts ( throwing for 355 with 2 TDs counts for something)

The 'ghosts' reference is as much about the reaction of the young Jets QB on the sideline (Darnold admitting what he did, Zach cursing) as the individual plays themselves. In both cases, Belichick's D caused both guys to lose trust in their process. Zach knew after the second pick he had made a huge mistake. That snowballed into the third pick which was out of character, compared to every other throw he has made all year. His head was melted. Game, set and match Belichick. 

I don't think Darnold was ever the same afther that Thursday night game. We will see how Zach reacts. Given the next two fixtures, I'm not overly optimistic the reaction will be a stabilising one. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

I think you are making the OPs point. Russell and Rosen were busts from day one. While Zack has NOT looked good recently, he did play well enough to come back from a deficit twice this year. Much blame has to go to LaFleur as he is trying to fit ZW into a game manager role, and ZW only really looks comfortable in the 4th Q from behind when he gets to be more himself.

Not saying ZW is not going to bust, but 18 games in after loosing best OL and best weapon, is probably a bit early. Look at Geno (not saying we should wait 8 years at all).

This comment is a mess " Much blame has to go to LaFleur as he is trying to fit ZW into a game manager role, and ZW only really looks comfortable in the 4th Q from behind when he gets to be more himself."

I cant state this enough.. he is terrified out there.  Zach plays like you and I would if the Jets called us to Florham Park today.  Sure, it would be cool, but by Sunday we would sh*t our pants.  He knows he is allusive, he can get away, so for fear of actually dying, thats what he does.  He almost NEVER steps up in the pocket.  He does one read and is gone - even in clean pockets!  But it doesnt stop there - oh no - when he is gone, he runs backwards (away from everyone).  Guess what happens when you run the other way? You turn your head and can't see where everyone is!  Pure logic.  By the time you turn around, all your reads are gone.. people are nowhere where they need to be and they are running around, unscripted, trying to get open. 

This is what Bart Scott was trying to tell you guys last year after the Titans game.  Everyone got on him back then for being sour after a great Jet win, but guess what? He was right.  And Zach is STILL doing the exact same thing.   

So please, watch the game like I do, realize Zach is terrified out there and ALL your questions of why he does what he does will be answered.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, JetsRay said:

Zach Wilson is a 2nd year QB, still developing, still learning, and is right where he needs to be.

The knee jerk reactions are so over the top ridiculous I feel like this place is being infiltrated with 3rd graders. This fan base is an embarrassment, and many of you should be ashamed.

While the INT's sucked, there was a ton of good that we can take from this game and Zach's performance.

Last week it was "OMG he only threw for 120 yds," this week he throws for 350, exactly as anybody with any logic or reason would suspect with Breece Hall gone and the team having to rely on the pass, and he did a lot of good things, but that isn' enough for our arm chair scouts.

Two of the INT's were Zach trying to do too much, trying to salvage the drive, they were 3rd and long throws, and they sailed on him, both of those plays are plays he's both going to make someday, and learn to not throw them. He'll work on mechanics, it is fixable. The 3rd INT when he was trying to get rid of the ball, he didn't get it far enough out of bounds, also fixable, he knew it right away and the rest of the game you saw him correct that.

He moved the ball, made great throws, the first TD to Conklin was an amazing throw. Our running game was not running on all cylinders just yet with JRob playing in his first game on a limited pitch count because he's had 3 days of practice in our system.

STOP THE BS Jets fans, this is a 2nd year QB, he's played 18 total games.

We are still 5-3, we still have a season, the Pats and Belichick have always been a team that knows how to attack a defense and make QB's look bad. Have some ******* patience.

I'm betting you told a bunch of people in your life "this guy is gonna be good", maybe have a Wilson jersey and maybe even the type of sucker that buys signed memorabilia from past/present/future CTE afflicted. 

Anyways, that was Zach Wilson's game to win and he lost it in spectacular fashion. 

I hate losing to the Patriots. 

But they are the "great filter" of Jets quarterbacks, and they just exposed Johnny Utah.

Yup, a lot of people gonna double-down before admitting defeat, it's the way of humans. Let's hope Saleh and JD are more self-aware than @JetsRay fresh off his audible listen of The Secret.

• Upvote 2

RayRay gonna RayRay. Hates his fellow fans more than most Pats fans hate us, because he’s 100% homer and never has a critical word or negative analysis of anyone with the Jets. If they’re a Jet, they’re “right where they need to be” and any criticism means the rest of us are sh*tty insane non-fans, lol. One of most rote, content-free posters on this or any board.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

43 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He is not improving at all.  Hes actually getting worse each game.  He is not going to magically get better just by playing more.

The wheels are in motion and he has 2 quarters left as the starter barring a miracle at this point.

He’s not going away so …. 

7 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I'm betting you told a bunch of people in your life "this guy is gonna be good", maybe have a Wilson jersey and maybe even the type of sucker that buys signed memorabilia from past/present/future CTE afflicted. 

Anyways, that was Zach Wilson's game to win and he lost it in spectacular fashion. 

I hate losing to the Patriots. 

But they are the "great filter" of Jets quarterbacks, and they just exposed Johnny Utah.

Yup, a lot of people gonna double-down before admitting defeat, it's the way of humans. Let's hope Saleh and JD are more self-aware than @JetsRay fresh off his audible listen of The Secret.

White would have got hurt within one quarter.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

RayRay gonna RayRay. Hates his fellow fans more than most Pats fans hate us, because he’s 100% homer and never has a critical word or negative analysis of anyone with the Jets. If they’re a Jet, they’re “right where they need to be” and any criticism means the rest of us are sh*tty insane non-fans, lol. One of most rote, content-free posters on this or any board.

RayRay dumbass ?

Blame LaFleur?  Are you people ******* insane?  Telling an idiot that throws interceptions and interceptable balls constantly not to throw interceptions is not FORCING HIM TO BE A GAME MANAGER!  The whole color coded thing with Sanchez?  Same thing. It is emphasizing something that is obvious to anybody with a brain. For me the biggest problem is pocket presence.  Yes, he has some "escapability" but somehow it needs to be beaten into his head that shuffling your feet an inch or two is preferable to running around 20 yards behind the LOS.  

They had drives yesterday where they looked unstoppable.  On others it looked like they could have had kindergartners playing DB and he still would not have completed anything because he was running around like a chicken with its head cut off farther and further behind the LOS.  There were some plays where I worried he couldn't reach the line even if he set his feet and tried to throw it out of bounds.  

I think over the next couple of weeks the line stabilizes.  The running game looks better and people continue to wonder about Zach.  They have not looked like a 5-3 team, so it is tough to complain, but as much as they should have lost to the Browns, they should have steamrolled the Pats.  I also wonder if they are just better on the road. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I said yesterday that like with Geno all we need to do is wait seven to ten years until Zach gets good.

LOL, no way we wait that long; and of course, ZW may just suck. My point is that 1 1/2 in may not be enough time and there are not a lot of reasonable alternatives to him right now anyway. Maybe we can send ZW to another team with a buy back option?

:-)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JetsRay said:

Zach Wilson is a 2nd year QB, still developing, still learning, and is right where he needs to be.

The knee jerk reactions are so over the top ridiculous I feel like this place is being infiltrated with 3rd graders. This fan base is an embarrassment, and many of you should be ashamed.

While the INT's sucked, there was a ton of good that we can take from this game and Zach's performance.

Last week it was "OMG he only threw for 120 yds," this week he throws for 350, exactly as anybody with any logic or reason would suspect with Breece Hall gone and the team having to rely on the pass, and he did a lot of good things, but that isn' enough for our arm chair scouts.

Two of the INT's were Zach trying to do too much, trying to salvage the drive, they were 3rd and long throws, and they sailed on him, both of those plays are plays he's both going to make someday, and learn to not throw them. He'll work on mechanics, it is fixable. The 3rd INT when he was trying to get rid of the ball, he didn't get it far enough out of bounds, also fixable, he knew it right away and the rest of the game you saw him correct that.

He moved the ball, made great throws, the first TD to Conklin was an amazing throw. Our running game was not running on all cylinders just yet with JRob playing in his first game on a limited pitch count because he's had 3 days of practice in our system.

STOP THE BS Jets fans, this is a 2nd year QB, he's played 18 total games.

We are still 5-3, we still have a season, the Pats and Belichick have always been a team that knows how to attack a defense and make QB's look bad. Have some ******* patience.

Zach Wilson is as far from fine as can be.  You are as delusional as always RayRay.

19 minutes ago, undertow said:

This comment is a mess " Much blame has to go to LaFleur as he is trying to fit ZW into a game manager role, and ZW only really looks comfortable in the 4th Q from behind when he gets to be more himself."

Well, it is my opinion. I don't think ZW has played well, but I don't think LaFleur has done a good job with him. I would say that is more inline than many other comments on this site. Two points, they have their stupid 15 play system, and those plays never seem to try and get ZW into a rhythm and how much better did ZW look last year when he had a real QB coach on the team?

Just now, Sonny Werblin said:

Playing QB well in the NFL is literally the hardest thing to do in professional sports. Why people expect anyone to excel at it in their first couple of seasons  is a complete mystery to me. Wilson has all the tools and the desire. All he needs is time. 

No he needs more than just "time".  He needs good coaching.  I do not believe he has any from the Jets.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, K_O_Brien said:

Big Zach guy, but yesterday was his 'ghosts' game and I'm not sure he recovers. 

His second pick was one of the worst throws you will ever see and it finshed the game as a contest. The third pick was just pure frustration.

He's now given Saleh the license to go all-conservative again. But we're playing Josh Allen, instead of Skylar Thompson and Brett Rypien. And we can't run the football anymore. 

Things will get worse before they get better. 

Can we quit with this stupid ghosts bullsh*t. Yes he had some bad throws , but it wasn't because The Pats and Beli confused him. The 1st pick he sails high over Johnson while backpeddling ,the 2nd just a poor throw away that was a mistake and the 3rd he foolishly tried to make something happen down by two scores. Zach needs to quit throwing off his back foot and learn to take the yards running when that option is open to him. But this wasn't some masterful defensive plan where Zach was tricked or spooked into making plays. 

I and others posted that Zach Wilson will struggle vs the Pats pressure and that it'll be tough to win relying on ZW. He is the worse QB in the league when under pressure and mainly because he does it to himself by holding the ball too long and bailing out of a clean pocket when he needs to stand there like an actual NFL QB. He isn't the guy.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Coquito said:

It's not "just" about the INT's. It's the rollouts of the pocket, dropping back 15 yards, holding onto the ball way too long, making mind blowing dumb decisions, throwing off the wrong foot...

He's too wreckless. You can get lucky from time to time but inevitably it's not how to consistently win football games or become a champion. There is nothing empirical that you can show me that indicates Zach is going to change. 

Rolling out and trying to extend a play is a skill that only the great QB's have, i.e. Rogers, Mahomes, etc, that is what you WANT the QB to be able to do, escape pressure, extend the play, to make a play.

Wilson is also damn good at it.

What he does need to learn to do is not be too wreckless on those plays and make good decisions when time runs out, just like all the young QB's have to do.

Why can't Zach be given that opportunity to grow?  Why is 1 ******* year and 4 games the time limit?

If we only give a player one year to develop, it will never happen and expectations for some here are just ridiculous and absurd.

Nobody has any damn patience.  Zach is not in year 3 or 4, he's in year ******* 2 and has only played 5 games so far. 

AND, he is 4-1.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

The goal is not to extend the play.  The goal is to gain yards.  Extending the play while running around with your back to the line?  That is some stupid sh*t.  Try your ridiculous spin move once a game, not any time you feel a rusher has a 25% chance of getting home.  Taking 8 seconds off the clock before you throw the ball away does nothing for me. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

Not sure if you were at the game and if not maybe that is why you are struggling with the comments from others. There are receivers open and by open several yards on at least 10 plays that immediately come to mind yesterday while he is doing the hoop de doo back there. Maybe that is not projected watching the game on tv but it is plain in sight at the game.

Mims specifically comes to mind on at least 3 plays where he is literally waving his arms.

He does not see the field - it is simply a fact. Does time fix that - who knows but I think the majority are telling you probably not. 

I was at the game too and when he stepped up in the pocket he was fine , problem is he was often flushed from the pocket due to poor protection. It's extremely hard to scan the field when you are running for your life and backwards. Every QB in the league will miss seeing wide open Wr's at times , but that % goes way up when they are constantly under pressure. 

My main problem with him is that he's been still throwing way too much off his back foot , plant the feet and take a hit , in addition he needs to turn some of those plays into 5-10 yard gains by running and not trying to keep evading pressure 10 yards beyond teh LOS.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

AND, he is 4-1.

The team is 4-1 when he plays and you can say with the exception of maybe one win, it's been in spite of him. The loss? Entirely on him. 

I didn't tape the game, but anybody who did, count how many times he rolls right and runs around behind the LOS.

Then break it down by down. I'd be curious to see how many times on first and ten, Zach abandons the pocket. This affects the next two play calls. We can't get a consistent running game we always have down and distance that makes it obvious to the opposing defense we aint going to run the ball. THAT'S WHEN ZACH SHOULD RUN THE BALL. Instead he runs backwards. LOL. Just watch the tape! He had 2 yards rushing! LOL. That 4th and 5? Easy first down if he just runs forward. 

WHAT GAME ARE YOU WATCHING?

Look at the time of possession. Jets defense was on the field for 36 minutes. And the game still was never out of hand, and was winnable if not for the QB doing everything wrong. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

This is the year to see what he’s made of. Which means taking the good, the bad and the ugly. 

I don’t care of his QB rating, pass completion %, etc, etc. What matters is that he doesn’t become the REASON why we lose games. 

Yesterday, he was the reason. turnovers are a no, no. We’ll see if he’s up to the task. There’s 9 games left and ALL QBs have bad games. Heck, look at Lawrence down in Jacksonville. You think he’s getting benched?

He needs to continue playing, take his lumps and end of the year, we either have something to build on, or we don’t. The moving up of White should unsettle him somewhat and that’s good. We’ll see what he’s made of.

I’m OK with being Patient

As if Mike White is the answer…!!!?

He was a contributing factor , but those jokers on the field dressed as refs were reason #1 . 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

No they weren’t 

one pick was an overthrow on a good play

one was a throw away that didn’t go far enough out of bounds 

like, wtf

Going to attempt rational conversation with you ?

I haven't written Zach off yet, I love what I've seen in the flashes, yet some of the issues are just baffling at this point though.

3rd&5, wide open 5 yard out, and his misses the layup. Plays like that multiple times a game.

On the throw away pick...  ****ing up a throw away that bad was inexcusable.

He needs to clean that **** up, that should not be an issue at this level. I love the ceiling but a lot of fans just want competancy with the production.

I'm not going to let the other busts make me overly impatient with him though.

I certainly missed CD yesterday... GW showed his pedigree and promise ...Moore is dead to me. I liked the moxie Mims showed. I thought Conklin would be our TE1 coming into the season and he has proven a reliable TE now that he seems to have his ball protection under control.

The hot streak raised peoples expectations too much. This season was and still is about evaluating Zach and getting him further experience. Hoping he keeps growing and merges his mistake free play with his upside.

Go JETS.

• Upvote 1