For being 6-4 this is sure turning out to be a shi**y unenjoyable season.

Beerfish

They won 2 games 2 years ago,4  games last year and 6 games so far this year 

It's slow and steady progress but they need to walk before they run. Too many people forgot this during the winning streak and went looking for a Bengals style quick turn around 

It might have happened too, if Zach played like Joe burrow. And most people took his "next step" to be a given. Preseason, people were predicting 10 percent improvement on his completion percentage 

Instead, Zach didn't get any better, at all, and it's likely to be another sub .500 season while Zach develops. And maybe another one next year. 

There's no quick fix where they admit their mistakes and sign Lamar Jackson or other veteran. It's going to be all Zach, all the time, until they all get fired. 

I'm thinking like 2024 offseason or so. That's why it's a depressing feeling because this otherwise decent roster jd built is going to waste 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

10 games into the season no one is really engaged in the New York Jets, usually. Years past, they probably tune in to see how the young guys will play, and go to the games for the tailgates. 

There is usually no thought of winning.  Probably still rooting, but the thought of winning or expectation of winning would be laughable.

This season is frustrating because this team is championship caliber and we, like all teams, need good QB play.  

Hopefully the kid figures it out, but until then let's see what else we have.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If you asked me or most of us if we would take 6-4 at this point for the Jets we would have been very happy about it I would think.  But instead things are mostly negative and not a ton of fun.

The qb is imploding so bad most think he should be benched on merit.  The team is sniping left right and center, we have had Wr malcontents all year.  Worst of all were the key injuries, we finally get a home run hitting Rb and of course he gets hurt.  We finally look to be shoring up the oline and the guy who is playing great at guard and tackle gets hurt.

I firmly believe we win that last game with Breece Hall and AVT, quite possibly the first pats game as well.

It's tough to even enjoy our mostly stellar defensive play right now so many other things are going into the toilet.

I might not feel quite so bad if the team had a 2nd QB I thought was any good at all that I thought could be a good enough game manger to get by.

I hope this might be a lesson to the Jets higher ups that you ALWAYS need to invest in as good of a second QB as you can because you should never be looking at dumping an otherwise promising season because your starter falls off a cliff performance wise or gets hurt.

Ahhh you’re so used to being out of the running by early October this sudden explosion of talent you watch every Sunday now has made you greedy.

The monster draft this team just had will shape it for the next decade.  Think about this , when Breece Hall went to the house in Green Bay that was at the time the FASTEST any RB had been clocked in 2022.  Here’s a little secret, Bryce Huff is clocked getting to the QB FASTER than anyone in the NFL.  My mind still can’t fathom that.  That maybe two of the fastest players in the league, at critical positions, are on the team I have rooted for my whole life and think of what their roster looked like for lots of the last decade.

There’s real NFL TALENT all over this roster now, whereas you really hadn’t been watching an NFL team if you watched the Jets every Sunday for too many years prior to this season.

Yeah, the QB situation has turned into a bummer right now, but that’s the most difficult position to play in All of sports therefore the toughest to fill.  Maybe us fans get lucky sooner rather than later.  Won’t be a sure thing when Joe Douglas makes his next big move, but I’m glad he’s the guy who will make it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

Disagree. By far the most enjoyable season sine 2015. I mean I’m looking at wild card scenarios and not tankathon. That alone is a win. Injuries happen every year to every team. Part of the game.

The thing of course that has put a damper on all this is Zach sucks….badly. Amazing how wrong JD got that pick and handed over the franchise with very little plan B. He’s a been a decent GM but his trust in Wilson was always a little much for me. 

Regardless we are still in this thing. If we beat the Bears on Sunday, boom we are 7-4 heading into December. Let’s also all be rooting hard against the Pats on thanksgiving night. They lose and we win and we jump right back ahead of them. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Disagree. I am enjoying being 6-4. I am enjoying see the graphic for "in the hunt" and seeing the Jets to the left of the graphic. Well, enjoyed. This is all I ask for. How many of us said that in the beginning of the year? All we wanted to see was the Jets being in the hunt. We are still one game from being back in first place because of the tiebreaker we hold over both the Bills and Dolphins. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If you asked me or most of us if we would take 6-4 at this point for the Jets we would have been very happy about it I would think.  But instead things are mostly negative and not a ton of fun.

The qb is imploding so bad most think he should be benched on merit.  The team is sniping left right and center, we have had Wr malcontents all year.  Worst of all were the key injuries, we finally get a home run hitting Rb and of course he gets hurt.  We finally look to be shoring up the oline and the guy who is playing great at guard and tackle gets hurt.

I firmly believe we win that last game with Breece Hall and AVT, quite possibly the first pats game as well.

It's tough to even enjoy our mostly stellar defensive play right now so many other things are going into the toilet.

I might not feel quite so bad if the team had a 2nd QB I thought was any good at all that I thought could be a good enough game manger to get by.

I hope this might be a lesson to the Jets higher ups that you ALWAYS need to invest in as good of a second QB as you can because you should never be looking at dumping an otherwise promising season because your starter falls off a cliff performance wise or gets hurt.

Watching the last few games is like watching paint dry.  It's nice to be relevant but are we if Zach plays this way?   I can't remember a less effective QB.

316531138_433435148992472_2753043880617473072_n.jpg

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

They won 2 games 2 years ago,4  games last year and 6 games so far this year 

It's slow and steady progress but they need to walk before they run. Too many people forgot this during the winning streak and went looking for a Bengals style quick turn around 

It might have happened too, if Zach played like Joe burrow. And most people took his "next step" to be a given. Preseason, people were predicting 10 percent improvement on his completion percentage 

Instead, Zach didn't get any better, at all, and it's likely to be another sub .500 season while Zach develops. And maybe another one next year. 

There's no quick fix where they admit their mistakes and sign Lamar Jackson or other veteran. It's going to be all Zach, all the time, until they all get fired. 

I'm thinking like 2024 offseason or so. That's why it's a depressing feeling because this otherwise decent roster jd built is going to waste 

I disagree.  Regardless of how management felt about ZW after last season, they HAD to give him this season to develop.  I also think JD and Salah are smart enough to realize how hard it is to get to where they are right now in regards to the roster/talent and that opportunities cannot be wasted.  I think the James Robinson trade was the first sign of this, I think Salah's press conference yesterday was another.  

In regards to the sentiments of the op, I'll gladly take this season over the past few.  The injuries suck and are sooo frustrating.  But being in the playoff hunt at Thanksgiving?  Yes please.

• Upvote 3

C’mon man. It’s s rebuild of the entire franchise that is ahead of schedule. Even though it appears they missed on the QB, it’s the hardest position to fill in all of professional sports. If Zach is not the answer, you’ll see Gardner Minshew, Jimmy G, or Mike White under center next season and we’ll keep improving.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Disagree.

I haven’t felt better about the state of the Jets in 13 years. I’m frustrated with Zach but there’s way more to be optimistic about than I could have expected at this point.

I was just about to say, I could not feel the more opposite.  Finally, it seems the Jets have all the right pieces in place.  JD hasnt been flawless, the Wilson (I accept your apology) pick being a killer but he's put together the most talented Jets Football team, arguably, in my life time.  These guys are really really good, young and uber talented.  There is just 1 player holding us back and while it's also been the position that we cant seem to figure out, the timing of this happening is good.  Probably one of the better offseason for veteran QB's to shake loose in a while and I think there will be some trade considerations out there as well.  

This season was always about figuring Wilson out and it's figured out, he's a bust, but the team is awesome.  Not a bad situation if we dont let him handcuff us as an organization.  And I dont think Saleh will let that happen.

• Upvote 4

Bigger expectations lead to higher highs and lower lows. 

It’s been a long time since I was as angry and disappointed after a loss as I was on Sunday.  Then I realized that I’ve got higher expectations for this team, this late in the season, then I’ve had for any Jets teams since at least 2015. 

When you’re used to playing meaningless games in October, losing a meaningful game in November is gonna sting more.  

• Upvote 4

The emergence of Breece Hall papered over a lot of problems on offense, particularly with Zach and the OL. Losing him and AVT at the same time was effectively the end of the season. The NFL is *so bad* this year that it’s hard to get too excited about any one result. The Jets have done well and profited in, and from, that environment, but the wheat is going to start separating from the chaff at some point and we’ll see how good the 2022 Jets really are. I understand the OP’s point, because it’s fun being joy-averse Jets fan. I don’t think we’re fully aware of how valueless it is to have a pretty solid roster with no QB, and we really have no path to getting one. Garopollo or Carr probably aren’t taking this roster over the top, and none of the draftable guys—particularly where we’re drafting—look like they’re any good. The Jets best chance moving forward might actually be to put Zach Wilson into cold storage and try to rebuild him from the ground up.

• Upvote 3

There’s a lot more to be happy about than sad. This season has proving we have the right FO, CS and roster to be a consistent playoff team. The only negative so far has been Zach. But the team is already evaluating that position and setting up an off ramp. I don't believe the organization will die on the Zach bridge. Saleh’s presser hinted at that. I think we are going to be an A+ landing spot for a veteran QB. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Watching the last few games is like watching paint dry.  It's nice to be relevant but are we if Zach plays this way?   I can't remember a less effective QB.

316531138_433435148992472_2753043880617473072_n.jpg

This is 1000% on LaFleur ... even though Zach played worse than pretty much any QB I have seen play .. LaFleur needs to be able to adjust to what is happening on the field.  Clearly in over his head.  No running game ... at all.  No answers to get at least a bit of yardage. Wide receiver screens with NE playing 11 men in the box.  Embarrassed for him.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

This season is great so far.

We have a great coach who is not gonna tolerate the "Same Ol Jets" BS.

Zach is a SOJ QB and Saleh ain't having it.

Can't wait until Sunday.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Aint havin it???    Unless he sits Zach down this Sunday I am not sure what you mean?

59 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

This is 1000% on LaFleur ... even though Zach played worse than pretty much any QB I have seen play .. LaFleur needs to be able to adjust to what is happening on the field.  Clearly in over his head.  No running game ... at all.  No answers to get at least a bit of yardage. Wide receiver screens with NE playing 11 men in the box.  Embarrassed for him.

He’s just running his offense regardless of opponent, weather , his QB etc 

he needs to be on the sidelines for the rest of the year.  He needs to be with Zach between every drive. 

What? This season has certainly had its ups and downs. But it's been more enjoyable than any season in what... 20 years?

The past few years watching the games felt like just going through the motions. You basically just tuned in/attended to see when the shoe would drop (and how many times), hoping to see some glimmer of hope for the future (that never came).

Now, we have multiple glimmers (Hall, AVT, Sauce, GWilson, Quninnen, etc etc etc) with a young, developing team, who has gone on the road to beat (surely lesser, but still a challenge) Green Bay, Pittsburgh and Denver. That wouldn't have happened in years past. The Buffalo and Miami wins were very fun, and even the loss this weekend, I had the passion unlike years past. It's good to "feel" again.

Frankly, I prefer what happened Sunday on that kick return (where I almost put my fist through my kitchen window) than say 2 years ago, where that same play would have just made me laugh and think to myself, "Well, there it is". It ruined my day, and that's only because my apathy has died. That's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Wow what a pessimistic view. 

I see it the other way. 

We have team full of WRs that are thirsty to win and are challenging the coaching staff to make the changes necessary to do so. 

This season was all about finding out what zach wilson is, good or bad. We found out. Now we actually have the freedom to move on instead of hanging onto dumb hope like with Sam.

If you can't enjoy this defense, I have no words for you. 

We have no idea what Mike white is gonna look like with extended playing time, let's give him a chance. 

Most of all, enjoy the fact that adults are in charge and they're not blinded by politics of their situation. They just keep making good decisions. 

• Upvote 1

I think it's great. This is a team that with a little tweaking can and a little bit of luck and NOT losing 2 games because of bad calls by the crooked ass Zebras could very well be a Championship season. What happened last night was the most heartening thing all year. Hopefully if Wilson starts he decides to start doing things right or he's done. This is his last chance to use the "second player chosen" card. If he struggles, the fans at the stadium will erupt and it'll be the next guy's turn-as well it should be. 

Really? I'm having a blast this season.

I definitely think we beat the Pats twice with AVT and Breece still healthy. Just feels like with our O-Line injuries piling up and then Breece injury on top of it, we can't run the ball like we were doing early in the season. The big play is gone, and Zach is being exposed. 

But the team is still 6-4. There are winnable games on the schedule including this Sunday against the Bears. It sucks that we still don't have an answer at QB but i'm enjoying the ride this season. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1