Question About USA Vs England Match (0-0 Final)

TuscanyTile2

Great result for us. They played a really impressive game I thought. They were a shot off the cross bar away from probably winning. Although you never know what would have happened if they scored on that play. Our guys look really fast and confident for the most part. We just need to finish next game against Iran.

• Upvote 4

What a great game. So intense. I thought we played equally well on both sides. England had opportunities and so did we.

Side note: we watched the futbol game at an outdoor location. Naturally, we took a football to throw around at intermission. My throwing mechanics are better than Zach’s. And that was with people moving and walking all around me. I kept my eyes on the receiver. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Greensleeves said:

Great result for us. They played a really impressive game I thought. They were a shot off the cross bar away from probably winning. Although you never know what would have happened if they scored on that play. Our guys look really fast and confident for the most part. We just need to finish next game against Iran.

Are you expecting an offensive explosion of 1 goal?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I agree. Harry Kane was the best player on the pitch. But, in totality, we were as good as England. I didn't expect that.

We’re the youngest team in the tourney. Really promising.

• Upvote 1

Great game today, very good game today. USA needed to score in the 2nd half when they had a bunch of corner kicks. After that run, they played well, but they couldn’t make that one pass to set up a striker to score. In any event, they pitched a shutout against a European opponent for the first time since the 50’s. USA USA USA!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, WhartonJet said:

Are you expecting an offensive explosion of 1 goal?

Just because we made up a scoring system that 1 somehow = 6 (extra point for 7), doesn't mean American football is some high-scoring spectacle. We say 35 - 28, but that's really a churched up 5 - 4. Quite frankly, I'm surprised any Jets' fan can be condescending about offensive scoring after what we've put on the field for the last two decades. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Just because we made up a scoring system that 1 somehow = 6 (extra point for 7), doesn't mean American football is some high-scoring spectacle. We say 35 - 28, but that's really a churched up 5 - 4. Quit frankly, I'm surprised any Jets' fan can be condescending about offensive scoring after what we've put on the field for the last two decades. 

Now Basketball on the other hand...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GreenFish said:

I agree. Harry Kane was the best player on the pitch. But, in totality, we were as good as England. I didn't expect that.

We’re the youngest team in the tourney. Really promising.

We shut Harry Kane down except for his last minute header that went 4 feet wide and a good pass or 2.

Shut him down..  Very impressive performance.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetHammer said:

Absolutely poor performance from England, seen that too many times over the years. Laboured and uninventive. US were much more dynamic. Onto Wales ?.

That sums it up. Southgate has this tendency to play it ultra-safe and defensive, which is going to be a disaster against the top teams going forward. He needs to unleash the dogs. US has the speed of youth, which is refreshing, but they're going to struggle if they make it to the round of 16. They're decent but not in any sense an elite team.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Just because we made up a scoring system that 1 somehow = 6 (extra point for 7), doesn't mean American football is some high-scoring spectacle. We say 35 - 28, but that's really a churched up 5 - 4. Quite frankly, I'm surprised any Jets' fan can be condescending about offensive scoring after what we've put on the field for the last two decades. 

This would be roasted by the purists, but I've long wondered how a dynamic scoring system in soccer would enhance the game.

6 points for a regular action goal

1 point for a penalty kick point after attempt

3 points for a goal resulting directly from a set piece such as a free kick, corner kick, or penalty kick

I think it definitely adds an interesting wrinkle.