How Is Mike Greenberg Even 'on' ESPN?

SoFlaJets

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Not sure why this is shocking, we have several people (regulars) on this forum who feel the same way.

The lure of Zach is very strong for some, even if today they're a bit quieter about it.

Yea the Zach-a-holics on Twitter are all using the "The Bears D sucks" excuse, just as they used the "well what a bout the Buffalo game?" last week- pathetic

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SoFlaJets said:

Yea the Zach-a-holics on Twitter are all using the "The Bears D sucks" excuse, just as they used the "well what a bout the Buffalo game?" last week- pathetic

Yep, we'll likely hear Fidelio this week say "well, great win vs. a really bad team, but Zach was 5-2 and anything less from White will be a huge massive disappointment".  Some guys are just too invested in Zach to let go, and they'll forget Zach played (for example) against Pickett, the only QB this year worse than Wilson himself. 

Ultimately, it's on White to lay several quality starts on top of each other, to silence the "but, but, but elite upside potential, elite arm talent!" guys who judge by dreams, and not stats.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

I've been saying for a long time that my vision is Mike White leading this team TO the Super Bowl THIS YEAR! But I was depressed because I couldn't see how it could ever happen, with the way that Wilson was being coddled and then Saleh shocked me and my dream is on again. The Jets in the Super bowl this 

Since I do believe in things like this…

image.gif

:)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Is Greenberg Kidding? Hot hand my ass. White is better. Zach Wilson isn't going to throw another pass this year unless White gets injured. 

I realize that this might be an unpopular opinion right now, but you can't truly judge Mike White by this one game.  Mike doesn't even have to win against Minnesota or Buffalo; he just needs to continue to look competent like he did today.  

Unfortunately for Zach, he looked so bad last week that it's inconceivable right now that you would even consider putting Zach out there for the foreseeable future.  Mike White would have to "blank the bed" so to speak, to even consider putting Zach back out there.  Let's hope that this is just the beginning for Mike!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Not sure why this is shocking, we have several people (regulars) on this forum who feel the same way.

The lure of Zach is very strong for some, even if today they're a bit quieter about it.

You make it sound like there are a bunch of ZW supporters who think he should be starting, and aren't saying anything because of the way MW played.

I think the "ZW supporters" are more likely reasonable jets fans who just think that the second overall pick with the high end natural ability is more likely to be the long term answer at QB....than a guy who couldn't start over Joe Flacco.

I would also guess that ALL of them are now are willing to roll with Mike White to see where we go from here.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

I'm a zw supporter. Think he needed the reset and MW played great today. 

But let's be real, he got a start against an awful team missing it's starting QB who completely changes the game dynamic due to his legs.

Let's see what the next 2 weeks bring. I'll be rooting for MW.

• Upvote 1

Some people are still behaving like ZW is the annointed #2 pick and future franchise QB who needs to get back on the field and play.....those days should be over and the position should be treated like any other and the best player should play I don't care where anyone was drafted.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2