Bills-Bengals

PS17

Been reading the updates but thankfully did not see it live and I will never watch it.  Praying for the young man and his family.  I lost my brother 7 years ago to heart failure with no warning. He was a young seemingly healthy man.  The shock stays with you for weeks and sadness for a lifetime.  

Very hopeful he makes it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 14

46 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

That's based on population statistics of who is most likely to suffer Cardiac arrest...which is not usually healthy 24 y.o. NFL football players with in all likelihood no co-existing organ/health issues.

Even that number I believe is incorrect.  But it’s low

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Been reading the updates but thankfully did not see it live and I will never watch it.  Praying for the young man and his family.  I lost my brother 7 years ago to heart failure with no warning. He was a young seemingly healthy man.  The shock stays with you for weeks and sadness for a lifetime.  

I have seen the footage on social media and I can say it's not something that I would want anyone to see.

Hoping that Hamlin recovers.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

No not at all. That's the point. 

Seeing people talk about their bets on social media and all that, seems gross to me. So I was curious what Vegas does in a situation like this, and why these people cant seem to have empathy for the player instead of worry about their money. 

If I had to guess, the D-Gens will be bigger assholes about tonight than the Books. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I have been a Paramedic for 20 years. CPR means No Pulse. Period. There is no other circumstance for Professional EMS to perform MICCR. 

As far as his condition listing, that's up to the ER/treating physician to determine. Someone as young as him they will work on as long as they can, "heroic measures" as they used to say. 

I've helped the ER at receiving facilities work an arrest patient for up to an hour. 

Right now, just hope and pray for the man. 

The report as of about 45 mins ago was that he had a pulse but couldn't breathe on his own.

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I have been a Paramedic for 20 years. CPR means No Pulse. Period. There is no other circumstance for Professional EMS to perform MICCR. 

As far as his condition listing, that's up to the ER/treating physician to determine. Someone as young as him they will work on as long as they can, "heroic measures" as they used to say. 

I've helped the ER at receiving facilities work an arrest patient for up to an hour. 

Right now, just hope and pray for the man. 

Obviously they stopped CPR once he got a pulse which means his heart is beating but he’s not breathing on his own. What causes that?

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, jetsons said:

HE2EmvNo_normal.jpg

No doubt the NFL is considering postponing the rest of this game - but how? This late in the season, a game of this magnitude is crucial to the regular-season outcome ... which suddenly seems so irrelevant.

Scumbag Sociopaths like him show their true colors in moments like this.....

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Well they said he was in critical condition versus no response. That has to be hopeful.  Sounds like you know way  way more than anyone on this board about this.  But the fact he was stated to be in critical condition has to be hopeful versus no sign of life.  

I believe he was out in the board, then in the midst of moving him to the ambulance, they put him back on turf and administered the CPR. No idea how accurate. No idea if AED rumor is true.

In ER it was said he’s critical and intubated.

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

Honestly the hit was pretty mild looking for the NFL. Nothing out of the ordinary that I noticed. Then he stood up and just collapsed.

Sorry about your brother, that's terrible

• Upvote 4

Not sure that this will last, but to be entirely honest just the thought of watching anyone play football at all for a while seems sickening.  We've all known there was legitimate risk before, but this is impossible to grasp.  How can you even watch another serious hit again and not be immediately scared sh*tless at what might come from it?

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Obviously they stopped CPR once he got a pulse which means his heart is beating but he’s not breathing on his own. What causes that?

Sometimes someone IS breathing, but due to other issues (medically induced coma? Brain/spinal injury) they can't protect their airway from blockage from the tongue or other aspect, then we sedate/paralyzed/intubate (Rapid Sequence Intubation RSI) for the patients protection.  

I didn't see any indication of Spinal Injury, but the old, callous saying about C spine Fracture is "Break C4, breathe no more". 

I just hope he's ok.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

Hopefully.
whatever God or spiritual being you pray to, please continue to do so.
for those of you who do not, that is ok but please in this case keep that to yourself and don’t engage in keyboard wars.
this is a child like many of us in this board has.
prayer does in fact work and heal and this kid needs them.
ban me for religion, have at it
Pray for the kids Mom too ...

.. I guess ban me too ...

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1