Nathaniel Hackett - Approve or Disapprove

Nathaniel Hackett - Approve or Disapprove?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve or disapprove of the hiring of Nathaniel Hackett as Jets offensive coordinator?

21 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

I mean... he did call plays for the Jags when they went to the AFCCG - the argument could be made that his ULTRA conservative playcalling up 10 vs the Pats cost them a chance at the SB.

Not a fan. He was hamstrung with horrible QB play in Buffalo and Jacksonville but if this was the hire and Rodgers isn't coming along for the ride, just keep MLF

MILES JACK WAS NOT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JoshAllenSZN said:

The more specific question I'm curious to know the answer to among Jets fans is this:

If Aaron Rodgers doesn't end up coming to the Jets, are you happy with the Hackett hire?

In other words, are the "approve" votes only conditional on Aaron Rodgers being part of the deal? How many of those folks are still cool with the Hackett addition if Rodgers doesn't come along?

There seem to be a whole lotta rubes who think that Rodgers is a guarantee because of this.  So dumb.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

So you think Woody sat thru 15 OC interviews and told JD and Saleh to hire Hackett?  

No. I think Woody thinks he is appeasing the fans with Aaron Rodgers. I think Rodgers is still a top NFL QB but his price tag is way too high. We need our draft picks to shore up the offensive line and safety positions. Jets have several F/A's that we need to sign, not to mention Quinnen Williams and Quincy Williams. Jets have a long list of unconditional F/A's and with Rodgers bloated salary how are we gonna resign them

5 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

No. I think Woody thinks he is appeasing the fans with Aaron Rodgers. I think Rodgers is still a top NFL QB but his price tag is way too high. We need our draft picks to shore up the offensive line and safety positions. Jets have several F/A's that we need to sign, not to mention Quinnen Williams and Quincy Williams. Jets have a long list of unconditional F/A's and with Rodgers bloated salary how are we gonna resign them

nothing matters until you have a good qb. rodgers is till a high level qb. idc what else you need in the nfl. qb is the single most important position in sports. after that we need to make sure we bolster the o-line

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Hackett was Jim Tomsula and Ray Handley and Rich Kotite level bad as a HC

Its not exactly a high bar to clear

Ok.  Well, I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt.  Regardless how bad he was as a HC, I’m hoping he comes in and is an exceptional OC.  Not going to bash the hire until he gives me a reason to.

Hackett is a disaster of a hire.  His offense has never sniffed the top 10 without Aaron rodgers and he single handedly ruined russel Wilson. This is the type of candidate you get with a lame duck head coach and gm. Broncos had a more effective offense with Vic fangio teddy bridgewater.

I’m not going to get to worked up over it tho. Woody will clean house next year when we miss the playoffs again.

One team had to be the sucker, and of course it was the Jets.

Coming off that kind of disaster, even the Lincoln high school (Ypisilanti MI) football program would have said no thanks.

You just can't make this crap up.

J-O-K-E Joke Joke Joke

https://www.reddit.com%2Fr%2Fmiamidolphins%2Fcomments%2Fob1uvo%2Fmatt_source_adam_gase_has_accepted_a_job_at%2F&usg=AOvVaw33PXRa6qCMDBMMMYL0G6J0

3 minutes ago, bd71 said:

Not going to bash the hire until he gives me a reason to.

Understood.

I would argue if you paid attention one iota to the National Football League in 2022, you'd have plenty of reasons.

But, whatever.

You won't have to wait long.  Week 1 of reg season.

I never imagined sitting in the seats in Denver that I'd be watching the team's offensive coordinator in 2023.  Ask Broncos fans about their Nate Hackett experience.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Hackett is a disaster of a hire.  His offense has never sniffed the top 10 without Aaron rodgers and he single handedly ruined russel Wilson. This is the type of candidate you get with a lame duck head coach and gm. Broncos had a more effective offense with Vic fangio teddy bridgewater.

I’m not going to get to worked up over it tho. Woody will clean house next year when we miss the playoffs again.

The Jets pretty much bottomed out on being awful at the end of the year last year. If he makes it worse next year it will be interesting to see what Saleh does about it. Saleh said without getting into details he was the guy that checked all of his boxes.

Now we all know MLF was a stubborn mofo and refused to learn from his mistakes. Let’s see if Hackett has. But I remember saying this about Paul Hackett in 2001 and he doubled down on his stupid with the Jets. We’ll see

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Understood.

I would argue if you paid attention one iota to the National Football League in 2022, you'd have plenty of reasons.

But, whatever.

You won't have to wait long.  Week 1 of reg season.

I never imagined sitting in the seats in Denver that I'd be watching the team's offensive coordinator in 2023.  Ask Broncos fans about their Nate Hackett experience.

I did pay attention to football this season.  Broncos offense was historically bad.  The thing is, some people are better OC’s than HC’s.  It’s a fact.  The thread asked if I would support Hackett.  I’m supporting him until he gives me a reason not to.  If you want to bash the hire right from the start, then go ahead and do so.  

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

HC no.  OC perhaps, but this puts him in line to replace Saleh when the inevitable occurs.  I do not want him as HC.

Why?  When was the last time the Jets fired a HC and hired one of his coordinators or assistants to take over? 

Leon Hess and Carrol?  Then Parcells Belichick-Groh?  

1 hour ago, rillo said:

Jets are going to give up the house for Rodgers, aren't they? 

Ugh. 

I highly doubt it. 

This notion that Rodgers will cost an extraordinary amount of draft capital is false, IMO. He is 39 years old. Despite still being a quality QB, he is on the verge of retirement. Any team that trades for him is getting him for 2 years max. 

Could he cost a 1st rounder? Sure. But if GB really wants to move on and JD holds out for a better deal (which he typically does), he WILL get it. I don't see there being a major bidding war for Rodgers. 

The big question will be-  does GB want to move on and start the Jordan Love experiment. 

19 minutes ago, BP said:

The Jets pretty much bottomed out on being awful at the end of the year last year. If he makes it worse next year it will be interesting to see what Saleh does about it. Saleh said without getting into details he was the guy that checked all of his boxes.

Now we all know MLF was a stubborn mofo and refused to learn from his mistakes. Let’s see if Hackett has. But I remember saying this about Paul Hackett in 2001 and he doubled down on his stupid with the Jets. We’ll see

Oh yeah, I remember Paul.  Three yards and a cloud of dust.   Good times!

43 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Early indications show roughly 2/3 the fan base is happy with the hire. 

2 out of 3 aint bad.

Eh.... Depends on the 2/3rds who like it. Lots of tardy people (capable idiots not 'handicapped' people for you high horse types) out there. Popularity isn't proof positive of being 'good' in my experience, and more often than not popularity suggests incompetence as most people like a low bar that doesn't expose them. Lot's of people were head over heals for Saleh until they weren't after just one year.

1 hour ago, JoshAllenSZN said:

The more specific question I'm curious to know the answer to among Jets fans is this:

If Aaron Rodgers doesn't end up coming to the Jets, are you happy with the Hackett hire?

In other words, are the "approve" votes only conditional on Aaron Rodgers being part of the deal? How many of those folks are still cool with the Hackett addition if Rodgers doesn't come along?

Still ok w/o Rodgers and honestly would prefer w/o Rodgers . The perception if AR comes here is he is calling the shots and Hackett becomes a figurehead, the Jets and their young core on O need development and that's not coming from a 39 year old who flip-flops with retirement every off season. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Eh.... Depends on the 2/3rds who like it. Lots of tardy people (capable idiots not 'handicapped' people for you high horse types) out there. Popularity isn't proof positive of being 'good' in my experience, and more often than not popularity suggests incompetence as most people like a low bar that doesn't expose them. Lot's of people were head over heals for Saleh until they weren't after just one year.

I can't speak for everyone, but I see a lot of studs in list of those who approve the Jets hiring of Nathaneil Hackett. No disrespect to those who don't approve.  

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Ummmm, he was never really an OC before Denver. Saleh's buddy MaLF calls the plays in GB. When he finally had a chance to run the offense in Denver with a QB with a track record of success with a better O line and skill players than Jets had, they were worse than terrible. I watched more than my share of Bronco's games because I have some good friends who live in Denver. I was at the game this year. Hackett was hated far more than even Adam Gase was here. He was clueless and it showed during the games and at his press conferences. The Denver Offense approved by leaps and bounds immediately after Hackett was fired.  IMO, this hiring is an unmitigated disaster.

Yeah that’s not true.  He game planned, he ran the scripted offense and was in charge of red zone offense in GB