What are your favorite beer, spirits, or wine do you like to drink?

5 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Me too... I was telling @freestater that I bought about 6 bottles as gifts at Christmas.    If you haven't tried Copper Dog. Do so. Received as a gift and it is now a staple in my Scotch Rotation.

Copper-Dog-Blended-Speyside-Scotch-750-ml_1.png

Copper Dog is pretty solid. I don't usually drink blends, but I got a bottle as a gift and I enjoyed it. The fact that it's blended from Speysides makes it a winner for me.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

you've never heard of mad dog 20/20? i guess you didn't spend your teenage years in the woods drinking cheap booze and smoking camel non-filtered cigarettes, lol

Camels yes ... and by its full name MD20/20 totally resonates.. thanks ! ..mostly as an Eddie Murphy reference.

Edited by Dunnie

15 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

I actual tried this tonight...not bad..bout half bottle in...we'll see how the hangover goes :)

Atta boy!!!  I got it as a gift and fell in love with it.   Had a buddy stop by , a real scotch man. He commented, without provocation."This is really good Scotch, what is it?"

Half a bottle in?  We could hang!!!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Atta boy!!!  I got it as a gift and fell in love with it.   Had a buddy stop by , a real scotch man. He commented, without provocation."This is really good Scotch, what is it?"

Half a bottle in?  We could hang!!!!

My wife use to manage a large liquor store and was in wine business too for many years...she tried it as well and thought it was really good as well ( but complain a little about the bite but she don't drink scotch )   anywho good find!!!!  I like it and will def buy another bottle or 3 :)

• Upvote 1

I've almost finished all the scotch I stocked up in the Whisky box I made.  I actually enjoyed some of the cheaper brands of scotch more than the top end ones.  I make home made wine from the pears and raspberries in my back yard and have had good success with that.  Also wine kits are underrated for the quality of wines you can make from them.  I used to really like beer when I was younger but do not drink it anymore.

pdUdJT3.jpg

P2WzMGT.jpg

I've also made a 'wine box' 'spirits box' and 'rum box' as mini portable liquor cabinets.

ZEN4Jgu.jpg

8FQCjTz.jpg

hIRPhYT.jpg

• Upvote 2

On 2/8/2023 at 11:46 PM, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

So, Jets fans, what do you like to drink? 

Always an IPA.  Favorites are Lagunitas (national), Armed Forces Brewing's Special Hops (limited distribution...only find it at the local military exchange for now), and two local brews:  Intuition's I-10 or Ancient City's Anastasia Island IPA.  I'll drink the more 'citrusy' IPA's, but prefer the more 'resiny' ones.  Oh...and Sweetwater's G13 ain't bad either ;)!

Ya know. I tried to get into whiskey few years ago bc people rave about it but I hated it, couldn’t get into it  

Got into Mezcal instead and glad I did. Having a drink you can drink neat/rocks if you are in the right setting is great, saves money, no sugars like cocktails do, and I end up drinking less overall. Plus I get less hangovers. 

beer of choice is a modelo for me but my stomach fills up after a few these days - getting old. 

I also enjoy  Sake and wanna get into it more but it’s super confusing trying to understand the types. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2023 at 11:36 PM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Where in NoHo are you

When we first moved to LA — like 15 years ago — we lived in an apartment complex right by the Metro station in the arts district 

South of Clybourn and Burbank. Funny thing, there was this kid running around North Hollywood and Burbank driving a blue Camry that had Jets and Mets magnets and stickers all over it. People thought it was my car lol. I recall he had written "Welcome Darnold" when he was drafted. I never saw him personally, but it became like my personal white whale. I'd hear people talking about it and they'd ask if I knew him or not with  Jets fans being somewhat a rarirty in these parts. 

The area you mentioned has changed immensely as has most of North Hollywood. 

On 2/9/2023 at 4:35 AM, mrcoops said:

One for the connoisseurs...

I grew up in Lanarkshire, where the stuff below was the local beverage of choice.  I think, during the 1990s/2000s, around 80% of global sales of this were in Lanarkshire.

It's lethal - high alcohol and caffeine content, sickly sweet, and very cheap. Really tastes vile too, but that never stopped the radges.

Many a memory of dodging gangs of knuckle-dragging inbreds high as kites on this stuff.

Buckie.jpg

I have a bottle of that! One of my former colleagues was from Middlesborough in the UK and mentioned it. He mentioned El Dorado (?) as well. For his send off I ordered some  for his send off from: 

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/search?q=buckfast

He was a self proclaimed NED (Non Educated Deliquent) and loved the stuff. 

I will pass on my favorite cocktail:

1 part Bourbon (I use Four Roses Small Batch)

1 part Averna Sicilian Amaro

1 part Disaronno Amaretto

Dash of Cherry Bitters

1 cocktail cherry (I prefer Tillen Farms Bada Bing Cherries)

2 small spoons (less than a teaspoon) of the syrup from the cherries above.

This is my home standard cocktail.  

Thus far, it has no name, and I've never heard nor seen anyone else use this recipe.

I don't drink much anymore (if i drank like I did before, I'd probably be dead) but I still enjoy a libation at times.

If it's beer, which is not frequent, it's a Weihenstephaner.

For spirits, in the winter, it's either Johnnie Black or a Bombay Sapphire martini or maybe some Japanese Suntory whiskey. In the summer, it's usually either Sapphire and tonic or Tito's and tonic.I could also go for a Gimlet or a Negroni. Very refreshing.

On 2/11/2023 at 4:48 PM, DoubleDown said:

Too many good breweries to choose from in Colorado, but wherever I happen to be, I'm getting an IPA most of the time.

image.png.ae107267716804a7b2006d44abf5ee73.png

Definitely the best IPA game in the state (although no complaints about Outer Range) but everything they brew is great. I love the main location up in Idaho Springs but glad they have the small bar in downtown Denver. 

2 hours ago, Kolchak said:

Utopias | Beers | Samuel Adams

Has anyone had this?  I'd be curious to see what you thought about it. 

It's a unique experience but not really my thing. Boston Beer Company says it's comparable to cognac which is maybe a little ambitious. It's too sweet for my preferences and for $200 I can find a lot of beer or spirits I'd rather drink. It's one of those things that is fun to say you've had it and split a bottle with some friends if you can find one. I know a lot of beer people but I don't know a lot of people who hunt this more than once or twice--and I know people who used to follow beer delivery trucks around town to buy limited releases.

These days there are a lot of boozy and sweet craft beers which makes Utopias less of a unique experience. There are some interesting barrel aged barleywines out there that can be had for $40 or less that are closer in taste than the price difference suggests. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Warfish said:

I will pass on my favorite cocktail:

1 part Bourbon (I use Four Roses Small Batch)

1 part Averna Sicilian Amaro

1 part Disaronno Amaretto

Dash of Cherry Bitters

1 cocktail cherry (I prefer Tillen Farms Bada Bing Cherries)

2 small spoons (less than a teaspoon) of the syrup from the cherries above.

This is my home standard cocktail.  

Thus far, it has no name, and I've never heard nor seen anyone else use this recipe.

I have. It's called a Diabetoni.

• Haha 1