What are your favorite beer, spirits, or wine do you like to drink?

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Yup.  I don't drink much, but Smithwick's is pretty much perfection.  That or any of several craft stouts -- New Holland, Founders, Deschutes, Lakefront all make some really nice options.

Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout is pretty much perfect in that category.  Better out of a keg, but unless you live in the UK, that's hard to find.

• Upvote 1

I'm not much for mixed drinks, though I will on rare occasion.

I enjoy a nice beer from time to time.  The locally brewed Cherokee Red Ale is one of my favorites. 

I also enjoy a light wine, usually a semi-dry or sweet Riesling (for spicy foods) or a red blend (with pasta, pizza, etc.), for dinner or when cooking meals.  I cook lots of spicy meals.

1 hour ago, nj meadowlands said:

This is a lounge thread, but because it's the offseason and drinking is a necessity in order to endure the Jets, we should absolutely allow it.  Now for my yuppie ass answers.

Beers:  Hazy IPAs and IPAs.  Breweries:  Grimm (NY), Industrial Arts (NY), Finback (NY), Heavy Reel (NJ)
Spirits:  Irish whiskey and scotch
Wine:  Heavy reds (cabs, malbecs)

We have very similar tastes. Love IA. If you get a chance to go in to Ridgefield, CT, Nod Hill Brewery is doing some really awesome things. 

"Sail off to your own private isle of wistful abandon" and "Super Mantis" are two of my favorites. They also have a great Trappist beer for @Paradis called ace of wands. People Power and Geobunny are good too.

Also, if you like juicy IPAs, Cloud Candy from Mighty Squirrel in MA is amazing. 

Unfortunately I can't get my hands on any of that stuff anymore since I moved to TX last June and they don't distribute out here.  

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

So, Jets fans, what do you like to drink? 

Beer: Prefer German pilsners.  Of the most well know and available, there are Becks (made in America) and if you want a Pils with a more body than Becks, there is Warsteiner. That one is brewed in Germany. 

Bourbon: Of the ones that are usually available, my favorite is Blantons. 

Wine: Italian reds usually Chianti and Amarone.  German whites. Usually a Riesling that is not overly sweet or Muller Thurgau. Even people that don't like wine seem to enjoy a Muller-Thurgau.  French reds, especially A Cabernet Sauvignon that is "middle of the road" as far as how bold/strong it is.  

Always drink responsibly :-) 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

OMG! That's a great name for it "Mayhem". Let's rebottle it and market it at major college campuses. We'll be billionaire's within 2 years.

Haha! My wife had an idea for a tequila “Horrible Choices.” 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Beer: Prefer German pilsners.  Of the most well know and available, there are Becks (made in America) and if you want a Pils with a more body than Becks, there is Warsteiner. That one is brewed in Germany. 

Bourbon: Of the ones that are usually available, my favorite is Blantons. 

Wine: Italian reds usually Chianti and Amarone.  German whites. Usually a Riesling that is not overly sweet or Muller Thurgau. Even people that don't like wine seem to enjoy a Muller-Thurgau.  French reds, especially A Cabernet Sauvignon that is "middle of the road" as far as how bold/strong it is.  

Always drink responsibly :-) 

Amarone is a bit underrated at times.

Very good wine that I am not sure alot of people are familiar with.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

Amarone is a bit underrated at times.

Very good wine that I am not sure alot of people are familiar with.

Some of the best wine grapes in the world come from the Veneto region.  They also have the skills/experience there to make the unique types of wine that use grape skins that were dried using the "appassimento" method.  Lots of fun stuff to learn about and explore with wines.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LockeJET said:

Bourbon and Whiskey 

41EEAEBF-997D-406D-A47B-1089D6C3835B.jpeg

Nice collection and setup! I commend you for your having the will not to be indulging daily. I would be in trouble with a collection like this. I can’t even find most of these bottles where I live. If I do find a store it’s at least 2-3 times above MSRP. Local store by me is trying to sell Blanton's for $150! EHT SB for $190 and of course people will buy it. 

2 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Nice collection and setup! I commend you for your having the will not to be indulging daily. I would be in trouble with a collection like this. I can’t even find most of these bottles where I live. If I do find a store it’s at least 2-3 times above MSRP. Local store by me is trying to sell Blanton's for $150! EHT SB for $190 and of course people will buy it. 

Thank you!! There’s not a single bottle on those shelves that I paid above retail. I’ve been hunting for years. But I hear ya, the bourbon market is crazy right now. It’s safer putting your money in bourbon than the stock market and it’s been that way for years.  people just don’t know about it. The bourbon secondary market is absolutely insane. 

Don't drink much beer because it triggers reflux . I do love Guinness draft, Boddington's Ale, and a variety of other ales, both light and dark. Belgian ales like Duvel and Abbey are very nice.

As much as I'd love to be able to drink high level Bordeaux or Burgundy, I'm on a budget and perfectly happy with a good French Malbec or an Italian monepulciano or Tuscan red. My overall favorites for price point are all Spanish -- Penedes, Rioja, and Alberinos (white) -- For whites, Alsace Rieslings, Gewertztraminer, Pinot Blanc are also winners -- very consistent.

Lately, I've be are en sampling hard apple ciders -- paying attention to sugar content. Frankly, Angry Orchard is pretty good even if a big mass producer. It's a nice change from the above.

FAvorite mixed drink. Negroni. With a slice of blood orange and a little more sweet vermouth than the recipe usually calls for.

50 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Thank you!! There’s not a single bottle on those shelves that I paid above retail. I’ve been hunting for years. But I hear ya, the bourbon market is crazy right now. It’s safer putting your money in bourbon than the stock market and it’s been that way for years.  people just don’t know about it. The bourbon secondary market is absolutely insane. 

Yeah, I couldn’t agree more. It’s crazy, I live in South Florida and even if I go hunting it’s very difficult to get much without a good contact, thankfully I like scotch also.  Cheers 

I drink water and coke zero. Been several years since I had alcohol. Just don't like it 

If I do decide to have a drink it would be vodka based, kamikaze, screwdriver, etc..

Not a huge fan of beer, and only like beers very low in IBUs like lagers or pilsners but all things considered would just rather have a Coke Zero.

1 hour ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Yeah, I couldn’t agree more. It’s crazy, I live in South Florida and even if I go hunting it’s very difficult to get much without a good contact, thankfully I like scotch also.  Cheers 

I live in the Tampa are now, but I was born and raised in Miami. My dad’s a New Yorker.  when I was one we moved from Miami to New York. Then back to Miami when I was eight. My dad is a diehard Jets fan.  so by the time I came back to Miami I hated the Dolphins. Grew up in Miami a Jets fan. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

I live in the Tampa are now, but I was born and raised in Miami. My dad’s a New Yorker.  when I was one we moved from Miami to New York. Then back to Miami when I was eight. My dad is a diehard Jets fan.  so by the time I came back to Miami I hated the Dolphins. Grew up in Miami a Jets fan. 

That must have been fun growing up a Jets fan in Miami.