Teams believe Tannehill is avaiable for trade

AFJF

So this apparently is the source report 

The news comes from ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler (H/T Bleacher Report), who also notes teams believe the Titans could trade out of their No. 11 overall selection, whether that be with a move up or a move back.

“Teams I talk to do believe that Tannehill could be, or is, available via trade,” he said. “He’s got a $36 million cap hit. New GM Ran Carthon is resetting this roster in a big way, they’re making some moves. And so, right now they would need a replacement though, they would need somebody in place.

So, do they draft one? I’ve talked to some teams who believe that the Titans are looking at moving up or even moving back from No. 11 because they have a lot of needs to fill,” Fowler added. “So, it’s not all about the quarterback position. So, at least Ryan Tannehill is comfort food, he is available, and they know what to expect.”

In the same report, Fowler states that “most people I’ve talked to around the league would be surprised” if 2022 third-round pick Malik Willis is named Tennessee’s starter in 2023.

Trading Tannehill is definitely a realistic scenario, but that will depend upon whether or not the Titans land a franchise signal-caller in the NFL draft who is ready to take over in Year 1.

I think Tennessee would move Tannehill if they were able to nab C.J. Stroud, but drafting a guy like Anthony Richardson, who may need a year to develop, could lead to the Titans hanging on to their veteran quarterback for one more year.

As far as Willis is concerned, there’s been no indication he’s in the team’s future plans at all, which makes him a candidate to be traded, also.

His cap hit to the Jets would be $27M. We can restructure and do void years to bring this year’s cap hit down.

For a 4th and Ten paying some of the $27M, I would be interested.

Rodgers for a 2nd and a conditional pick next year is still my preferred trade. Can’t do a gtd 1st though.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

His cap hit to the Jets would be $27M. We can restructure and do void years to bring this year’s cap hit down.

Rodgers for a 2nd and a conditional pick next year is still my preferred trade. Can’t do a gtd 1st though.

This and draft Tanner McKee in the third round. Sayonara to Rodgers  his ridiculous contract and future cap hit for one year of him being the Jets QB 

49 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I'd rather the Jets pay Tannehill 27 then pay Aaron Rodgers 50 x 2

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I'd rather the Jets pay Tannehill 27 then pay Aaron Rodgers 50 x 2

Rodgers already said he knows his deal will need to be re-worked. 

Tannehill chokes in meaningful games. Quit taking Titans trash

Titans seem like they're in a world of hurt.  Maybe heading to full rebuild if BOTH Tannehill and Willis aren't in their future plans.  They traded AJ Brown last year.  Wouldn't shock me if they try to move RB Henry in-season at the trade deadline to a contender if the Titans are sub .500 at the time.

6 hours ago, AFJF said:

Figured as much several weeks ago.  Playoffs 3 of the last 4 years and has performed well against quality opponents.  I'd do it if GB is getting stupid with their demands, but the Jets won't.

It's funny how little tannehil gets credit for. This guy is a baller. Great player. Can make the throws, smart and alert and more than capable of running a system 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, jgb said:

‘Member when I wanted Tannehill as Darnold bust insurance for basically free when the Fins were moving on and was downvoted into oblivion?

Yea but in all fairness to those posters who knew then that you were absolutely positively unequivocally right! :)  

And yes I like Pepperidge Farm remember!  

Indeed in truth if we had done what you had said at that time we would have been a competent franchise and not the joke that we were……

So yea I do remember…

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Yea but in all fairness to those posters who knew then that you were absolutely positively unequivocally right! :)  

And yes I like Pepperidge Farm remember!  

Indeed in truth if we had done what you had said at that time we would have been a competent franchise and not the joke that we were……

So yea I do remember…

Too many fans conflate insurance with “rooting for a guy to fail.”

I have insurance on my house but I don’t want it to burn down.

We should’ve gotten Minshew.

• Post of the Week 2

tannehill is about at the end of his career.  good enough to play for another one or two seasons but the position needs upgrading.and it's better to trade players early as opposed to late when they've already started their back slide.the titans may get some takers for him.  there are still quite a few teams that could use his services if only to be a place holder for the next young guy.