I think I figured out why I don’t have a warm fuzzy feeling about Rodgers

Facts

51 minutes ago, Facts said:

No he’s not.

I do a lot of business in Tampa. I’m literally 30 minutes outside of Tampa right now. No one gives a crap about Brady anymore. 

They removed his banner from the stadium the second he retired.

Did they "give a crap" the night they raised the trophy? Do they give back the Lombardi? Does Peyton Manning's run in Denver not count?

Let's revisit this NONSENSE around 1/1/24. 

HoF QB, decent backs (not thrilled with Cook as a person, but I digress) , OL that's good enough and will be supplemented between now and opening day, a star in Garrett Wilson, some other solid WRs, a great defense -know what?

I'll take that chance. LET'S F___IN' GO!

You want style points, good for you. Go simp  in the corner . 

I'll take 2 years of HoF QBing by Rodgers and see how that goes. Style points is not how this or much anything in life works. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

While his jersey is going to get retired at Lambeau, he has totally embraced us. He is what he is, but he seems totally committed to this team.  He is not acting out the knocks on him from the past few years, meaning, he is not acting prickly, he is acting like a good leader and teammate. 

Totally agree ... Favre was fine as a jet when acquired ... But Arod has taken it to an entirely different level in terms of dedicated buy-in.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Wade ******* Boggs rode a police horse around the field in Yankee Stadium. 

Was at the Stadium that night; a great moment. Was standing there is a screaming deliriously happy crowd, hugging my dad(who's gone now) , not overthinking it, just enjoyed it. We should have such a moment, and if you don't get that....

• Upvote 3

OP - In theory, I get what you're saying but I still think the opposite.  The Jets' organization is almost universally mocked yet AR8 has not only come here, but he seems to have really embraced the challenge.  Even if things don't work out, I'll still be grateful to him for that.

He's breathed life into this organization and given us hope that we're a legit contender.  He's even take ZW under his wing.  Basically, it's been nothing but positives since he's gotten here.  I feel like we are incredibly lucky to have him on the team.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Totally agree ... Favre was fine as a jet when acquired ... But Arod has taken it to an entirely different level in terms of dedicated buy-in.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Favre kind of used the Jets as a stepping stone to Minnesota.  AR seems to legitimately like being a Jet.  He's even talking being here 3-5 years and then handing the baton off to ZW for the next 15 years.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

We've tried the, "our own" thing and its netted us Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith, Christian Hackebberg, Sam Darnold and Zach Wilson.

That doesn't mean you stop trying. The Jets should be drafting a QB every year until they find someone. How many duds did the Bills go through between Kelly and Josh Allen? 

1 hour ago, Facts said:

So many of you have embraced Rodgers and I have felt “meh” since the trade and I think i’ve figured out why.

It’s because he will never be “ours”. Everyone will always see him as a Packer, just like everyone saw Montana as a 49er, despite his time in KC. Just like everyone saw Favre as a Packer, despite his time in Minnesota. Just like Warren Moon will always be considered an Oiler, not a Viking.

There is no long-term future here. We are *hoping* for 2 or 3 years where we rent-a-hall-of-famer, who will never really be considered ours.

That not sad to anyone else?

i think it might be because you are a miami dolphin fan. Is A rod wins a superbowl in NY he will be a known as a jet. Im sure they will be like he is a long time packer but he will be the one known as the one qb in the world since namath to win in NY. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Facts said:

So many of you have embraced Rodgers and I have felt “meh” since the trade and I think i’ve figured out why.

It’s because he will never be “ours”. Everyone will always see him as a Packer, just like everyone saw Montana as a 49er, despite his time in KC. Just like everyone saw Favre as a Packer, despite his time in Minnesota. Just like Warren Moon will always be considered an Oiler, not a Viking.

There is no long-term future here. We are *hoping* for 2 or 3 years where we rent-a-hall-of-famer, who will never really be considered ours.

Not warm and fuzzy cause it's ROCK HARD WITH ANTICIPATION!!!

Do you think the Broncos feel bad about their SB with Manning?   Think the Bucs feel bad about their SB with Brady?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If he wins a SB here he will have as many rings as he had in GB.

He wins 2 here he eclipses that.

Think he wouldn’t be as much “ours” as GB’a in either of those instances?  Like….who cares.  

This team clearly can’t draft a QB of its own so this is the next best thing:  An adopted son who succeeds.  

Rodgers became ours when he cut his own pay by $35M dollars to help the team!!  Who else does that?

As far as I'm concerned, if he can win 1 Superbowl with us, I would vote to retire his number as a NY Jet.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

And, just as important, Rodgers sees himself as a Jet. He does not have one foot in Green Bay and one in New York.

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Favre kind of used the Jets as a stepping stone to Minnesota.  AR seems to legitimately like being a Jet.  He's even talking being here 3-5 years and then handing the baton off to ZW for the next 15 years.

Exactly.  Favre didn't have one foot in Green Bay and one in New York.  He had both feet firmly planted in Minnesota, probably from at least 2007.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Facts said:

film christmas GIF by Paramount Movies

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If he wins a SB here he will have as many rings as he had in GB.

He wins 2 here he eclipses that.

Think he wouldn’t be as much “ours” as GB’a in either of those instances?  Like….who cares.  

This team clearly can’t draft a QB of its own so this is the next best thing:  An adopted son who succeeds.  

Lol, "wins 2".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Facts said:

oh geez 
you are insufferable.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

If he wins a SB as the Jets QB, I don’t give a damn what anyone else thinks he is. Our team will be the champs!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Facts said:

That's sad to me, yes.

I doubt you and I are referring to the same "that", though

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Facts said:

Who cares 

I'm not a Rodgers fan but not because of his play on the field. He's great player a tremendous upgrade for us in the most important position. I don't know if I buy his Jets love fest we'll see how he deals with it if things don't work out so great. I did like that he didn't take Namath's number even though he could have it showed some class. Maybe he just needed a change and he goes from the smallest market to the biggest one. As for the 30 million give back not sure I believe it. 

• Thumb Down 1

I get it.  would be nice to have a franchise QB that came up through the draft and was ours... But it has been way too long without success, longest drought for the playoffs, no SB since before I was born.  Let's get the SB win with AR - who cares if he goes into the HOF as a Packer.  I'll take a SB then look for our franchise QB.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Facts said:

Psst he's antivaxx.

3 hours ago, Facts said:

No he’s not.

I do a lot of business in Tampa. I’m literally 30 minutes outside of Tampa right now. No one gives a crap about Brady anymore. 

They removed his banner from the stadium the second he retired.

He is. You're wrong, but thanks for visiting and helping our local economy.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JiF said:

We've tried the, "our own" thing and its netted us Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith, Christian Hackebberg, Sam Darnold and Zach Wilson.

If "theirs" helps "us" win a chip, I could not give a single **** what team Rodgers will be remember for, instead, I'll laugh at the Packers fans who almost unanimously didnt want him. 

You can make a long list of veteran qbs we signed/traded for and we failed with too.

• Thumb Down 1