Joe Benigno: Robert Saleh Assures Me We Will Make The Playoffs Next Year

47 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/m-l-kig-day-special/id1586455556?i=1000641774291

Start at 29:34

"Look, the coach assures me - coach Saleh, my buddy - he assures me we will make the playoffs next year"

Now I am totally relaxed. The scratch golfer masquerading as a HC makes a declaration.  BOTH DC's after Saleh in SF have done a better job than him.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

He must've got the script for the 24-25 season recently

It won't be out until Wednesday after the Super Bowl week. But he most likely has the working version already.

• Haha 1

It is do or die for the JD/RS combo.  No question about it.  They can guarantee world peace with no additional consequences if they cant make it happen. Might as well chance making asses out of themselves to boot.  

Here is an early indication to watch for:

1. If they don't come away with three new starters on the offensive line after FA and the draft, the season will be done before it starts.

2. If JD drafts JC Latham with their first round draft pick, the season will be done before it starts. 

• Upvote 3

I'm glad we're winning the offseason so early. 

There are nine serious playoff contenders for next year (BUF, MIA, JAX, KC, HOU, the entire AFCN) plus any other team that might be ascendant. There is no sneaking into the playoffs in the AFC next year, especially with the Jets playing several of those teams head to head. 

• Upvote 3

He ain't doing it with this current roster! He can't just do a little tweaking and get it done. I guess he's planning on replacing a lot of our players & coaches before next season. His coaching strategy this year of calling up a different practice squad player every week to fix our OL didn't work out very well and it won't get us into the playoffs next year either.

43.75% chance for any individual team to make the playoffs.

Year 4/5 for Douglas, year 4 for Saleh, and they’re hoping to finally make a (one) playoff appearance.

Why are these guys still employed? Any random GM and HC could match if not exceed these results. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

43.75% chance for any individual team to make the playoffs.

Year 4/5 for Douglas, year 4 for Saleh, and they’re hoping to finally make a (one) playoff appearance.

Why are these guys still employed? Any random GM and HC could match if not exceed these results. 

History is quite unkind to any GM or HC who doesn't make the playoffs by year 3