Sources PFT Salad demoted Hackett prior to being fired

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I dont want to negatively affect others.  There is enough going on right now.

Everything that you have written today is negative, why stop now? You have trashed Ulbrich who is a good man put in a tough situation for no reason other than your boyfriend got fired.

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Explains why Joe D wasnt there.  Hes checked out.  Woody let Rodgers override the gm/coach decision to fire hackett.

OMG

I have never heard of this in the nfl ever.

What a total embarrassment.

This is beyond defcon.

Defcon: Dummy

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

That is coach speak.  U fire him the next day and say when u got to watching the film more, it became apparant a change needed to be made.

I know Saleh is sh-t as a HC.

I don’t know what Ulbrich is yet.

Can’t keep doing the same thing and hoping for different results.

Your dogged defense of a 19-36 full of sh-t sloganeer who never had a fastball to begin with is wild 🤪 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We had a 40 year old player who is downright terrible out there, override our gm and coach.

Are u guys even grasping what happened here?

This is lebron james type stuff.

This doesnt happen in football.

Lebron has won multiple championships 

If this is what needs to be done, so be it

how they do it I don’t care - just get to a sb and win

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Out of all the dysfunctional things the jets have done over the years, this is the most dysfunctional of all.  By far.

I do not think u guys are comprehending the enormity of what happened here.

A player w/ no future here overrode althe gm and coach.

I definitely agree it’s a sh*ttshow. But Saleh and Douglas have not earned ANY respect here either. JD should be fired just for hiring Hackett. But there is a long list of other reasons. 

37 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We had a 40 year old player who is downright terrible out there, override our gm and coach.

The Jets play “football”?

I’m waiting close to a DECADE AND A HALF for the Jet “Offense” to score 20+ points in consecutive weeks.

No professional organization could be that Bad if they actually Tried.

You could take just about Any Fantasy Football Whiz Kid and he would hands down easily create a much better Organization than what the Jets have put out there 14 YEARS running.  No???

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I posted my speculation earlier this afternoon, about the possibility of Downing calling plays.

I fully expect that this is what will happen.

It can't be any worse.

if Saleh was still here then yes, but no way Rodgers lets his BFF lose his play calling.

i heard them saying on the Radio how Rodgers is the 1st great HOF QB to ever get his HC fired in the season. this was all Rodgers doing. he is in control. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

This isn’t true saleh literally yesterday emphatically told reporters that he wasn’t planning on changing play callers

this is pure BS put out there by saleh the politician to damage control 

Coach speak dude, why would he tell the media before his staff?

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Give me a break. The GM and coach both suck, especially the former coach with the .350 winning %. 

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Out of all the dysfunctional things the jets have done over the years, this is the most dysfunctional of all.  By far.

What makes it worse is the Coach was making the clear and obvious right choice.

It would be one thing if it was a questionable decision - but there is not a single person that could reasonably argue otherwise.

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I don’t know what Ulbrich is yet.

and to be fair you not going to know about him this year.

your giving him 6 days to learn a job he just tripled his responsibilities. you give him the same horrible OC and OL coach Saleh had. and did he even name a DC yet? our defense could take a step back.

and he is stuck with coaches he probably would never hire if he got a HC job in Jan. 

im shocked he took the job. hes got 12 games to do something with a coaching staff he didnt pick or he might never get a HC job again.

15 minutes ago, doitny said:

your giving him 6 days to learn a job he just tripled his responsibilities. you give him the same horrible OC and OL coach Saleh had. and did he even name a DC yet? our defense could take a step back.

and he is stuck with coaches he probably would never hire if he got a HC job in Jan. 

im shocked he took the job. hes got 12 games to do something with a coaching staff he didnt pick or he might never get a HC job again.

Maybe he believes the team is good 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

It’s not true, literally yesterday during his press conference saleh was asked if he was considering a change at play caller and he emphatically said “NO”

Saleh's emphatic NO > JD's "Jamal is a Jet for life"

Maybe Rodgers got wind of this meeting going down and ran upstairs to Woody saying fire Bob? This whole thing is a little strange timing wise. Why didn’t they just fire him when they got back to the states Monday morning?

• Upvote 1

It’s bs that Saleh demoted Hackett 

Its bs that Rodgers ran to Woody Johnson and told him to fire Saleh

My take without sources is that Johnson already had been thinking about firing Saleh. When Saleh wore the Lebanon flag on his sleeve during the Viking game in London it received a lot of negative press and let’s say calls came from higher up. That was the tipping point for Johnson which explains an impulsive mid week firing. 

It wasn’t Rodgers. It’s all about publicity and perception with Woody Johnson 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 3

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Why do act like this just happen today? Been a thing since he got here. You’re like TMZ level dramatic here. You are Karen, would you like to speak to my manager? 

7 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

It’s bs that Saleh demoted Hackett 

Its bs that Rodgers ran to Woody Johnson and told him to fire Saleh

My take without sources is that Johnson already had been thinking about firing Saleh. When Saleh wore the Lebanon flag on his sleeve during the Viking game in London it received a lot of negative press and let’s say calls came from higher up. That was the tipping point for Johnson which explains an impulsive mid week firing. 

It wasn’t Rodgers. It’s all about publicity and perception with Woody Johnson 

The patch thing, and how the NFL encourages coaches to wear them, has been explained about 50 times today, so please stop with that nonsense.

As for your two claims of BS? Think what you want, just don’t expect anyone to give your claims any validity.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, doitny said:

Meh, not at all surprising, this happens all the time throughout the league.  It's low risk, high reward.  He gets to take the credit if things go well and sets himself up nicely for a HC job, here or elsewhere.  If it all goes to sh*t, Saleh and JD are still going to be remembered as this year's problems, still leaving Ulbrich as a top DC candidate, which would be the very best he could hope for if only left serving under a different failed interim HC.

• Upvote 1

Florio, disagreeing with the Jets' decision to fire Robert Saleh, offers him a way to shift the narrative. Saleh leaks a story to Florio, claiming his firing was a result of demoting Aaron Rodgers' BFF, Nathaniel Hackett.

By publishing this story, Florio positions the Jets as dysfunctional, suggesting they fired Saleh not for poor performance, but to protect Hackett and appease Rodgers. This paints the Jets as more concerned with internal politics than with fixing their on-field problems.

Saleh gets his last shot at Woody and the Jets. Florio gets his clicks. Win-win.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, doitny said:

Or maybe he’s in the building and sees how absolute sh*t Bobby Boy is as a head coach 

18 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

That was the tipping point for Johnson which explains an impulsive mid week firing.

You're a ******* moron. 

"Impulsive" and "mid week firing" do not go hand in hand. 

If Woody was impulsive about anything Salad would have been gone before Rodgers ever arrived in the building day one. 

If anything, Woody has been cool, calm, and collected about this. Even took an extra day after the trip back from London to think about it. So the dead opposite of impulsive. 

...and the flag had nothing to do with it you nutjob. You and @Joe W. Namathneed to get a god damn life. 

Salad sucked, before and after Rodgers. This is objectively true bye every metric. He deserved what his pathetic bald slogan slinging stair running ass had coming to him. 

• Upvote 2