**** OFFICIAL 2016 DRAFT: Round 1 discussion ****

Integrity28

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm sure he's a solid player but ILB is not my idea of great value for a top 20 pick in the country. Why not just pick up Trevathan in free agency for $6M/year and use our 1st round pick on a position that costs 2-3x that in FA? 26 years old, solid, no bust potential, and we get to keep our 1st round pick.

Unless he's incredible, this is just poor asset allocation. 

this is how bowles combats the spread offense.  this is his deone buccanon.  only 5 years ago this is a head scratcher, but with spread offenses this is a great pick

Are people really upset that the guy is on the depth chart at #2 before camp starts? Did you think Lynch was going to start? Do depth charts in April even have meaning? Other than to tell guys that they need to earn stuff, rather than be handed it?

lolyouguys

"Next Vilma" OMFG.

Yeah, All pro and Superbowl winning Jonathan Vilma would do great in this defence. This isn't the D-Rob era in 2005. We have the best defensive line in what is now a passing league. We needed to get faster.

LOL at people thinking teams are going to run on us with Mo/Sheldon/Williams and Harris.

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm sure he's a solid player but ILB is not my idea of great value for a top 20 pick in the country. Why not just pick up Trevathan in free agency for $6M/year and use our 1st round pick on a position that costs 2-3x that in FA? 26 years old, solid, no bust potential, and we get to keep our 1st round pick.

Unless he's incredible, this is just poor asset allocation. 

Mac is a moron.  I told you all he is over his head. this proves it. Kentrell brothers is a way better ILB that we could have taken in rd 2 or 3.  So disappointing.  Only the Jests.

Just now, JetPotato said:

Are people really upset that the guy is on the depth chart at #2 before camp starts? Did you think Lynch was going to start? Do depth charts in April even have meaning? Other than to tell guys that they need to earn stuff, rather than be handed it?

These are the same people who complained when Rex would name a kid they just drafted a starter.

Shocking how some "fans" don't know where the league is going
and the construction of the Jets.  Every offense is spreading
defenses out and trying to get mismatches at the LB position.
You need to have speed at the second level of your defense.
In addition the Jets have no problem with size in our front
seven we have enough "big bodies" to protect a smaller LB

2 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

This is not encouraging.  And he was the fifth best player on his college team?

Not sure if you realize but 5 Ohio State players have been drafted so far, pretty damn good team.   Urban Myer sh*ts out 1st rounders.

3 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Every friggin team is passing on jack. Injury or not it reminds me of Melvin Ingram. Everyone had Ingram top 5-10. He fell to what, 25? And he's avg in the NFL.

Did you just compare Mile Jack and Melvin Ingram with a straight face?

1 minute ago, JetPotato said:

rex would have him in the HOF and the best player in the draft

So defense for 7 years running.  And now the last decent QB in this draft is gone.  Macc did great last year with an unlimited checkbook and a top 6 pick.

This year, well he has completely mishandled our QB position as well as the Mo Wilk situation.  He better have a plan or we are going to regress quite a bit this year.  With nothing in the future to look forward to.  He should be on the hot seat.

oooooohhhhh.... this tells me we have a plan for a QB in R2, or Petty is legit.

everytihng they are saying about Lynch sounds like what was said about Petty... project, never under center, great arm talent, lots of work ahead... 

Just now, JetPotato said:

earn what? the right to be a situational player? we have more holes than the titanic and drafted a spare sextant

Archived