What position do you want taken in Round 3?

jetstream23

Forget the QB, whoever he may be, that's taken at #3 overall.  What about the fact that the Jets don't get on the clock again until Round 3.....that's all-of-a-sudden a VERY important pick IMO.  We need to get an eventual starter of some sort there. OLB, OT, CB, etc  What position do you want?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Forget the QB, whoever he may be, that's taken at #3 overall.  What about the fact that the Jets don't get on the clock again until Round 3.....that's all-of-a-sudden a VERY important pick IMO.  We need to get an eventual starter of some sort there. OLB, OT, CB, etc  What position do you want?

I'd be leaning OL.  I wish we could have swapped our 3rd and kept one of our 2nd rounders but that's the price we paid.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

You want to try and get a Tight End and if none fit the value of the pick slot .. you go offensive BPA.

I still don't understand why we didn't spend just $1-2M more to keep ASJ.  The Jets still have plenty of Cap space and TE is a need.  I would have found a way to retain that guy.

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

I still don't understand why we didn't spend just $1-2M more to keep ASJ.  The Jets still have plenty of Cap space and TE is a need.  I would have found a way to retain that guy.

See, I wasn’t as fond of ASJ as others here but if I knew we weren’t going to address the position period .. I would of advocated to bring him back on. Hopefully we can pair Legget with a solid draft addition.

Depends on what we do over the next couple of weeks.

But as of right now...Frank Ragnow.

Could still realistically be on the board at the top of Round 3, fits Dennison’s zone scheme and can play both center and OG. A nice developmental prospect and Long insurance.

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Depends on what we do over the next couple of weeks.

But as of right now...Frank Ragnow.

Could still realistically be on the board at the top of Round 3, fits Dennison’s zone scheme and can play both center and OG. A nice developmental prospect and Long insurance.

Absolutely depends on the moves we make leading up. Grabbing Ebron and Mathews for our rookie QB would help ten fold as far as playing the needs versus the value in the 3rd round.

Offensive line x 100000. 

I don't even care if a predicted 1st rounder for another position somehow miraculously falls that far. They need OL help in the worst way.

I can live with not giving a QB all the weapons in the world next year. I can live with not being able to sack the QB again next year. But I can't sit back and watch a blue-chip QB drafted at #3 after spending a ton to get to that spot get absolutely buried into the dirt all year long, or constant dump-offs because he has no time to throw, or nothing more than little dinky 2 yard rushes by our RBs because they get pushed around.

Get these guys some more blocking!

Ultimately it depends on how FA and the draft play out but ideally there would be an impact Center that slipped into the 3rd round.  I'm actually okay for now with Beachum and Shell at the OT position.  At G Winters was playing hurt last year so I'm sure he'll be back to form and hopefully improve this season.  To be honest I don't know much about Spencer Long except he's an upgrade over Johnson which I know isn't saying much.  I also know that he's injury prone which leaves me hoping that Frank Ragnow is there for our 3rd round pick.  The top 2 Centers are arguably Billy Price and James Daniels with Frank Ragnow not being far behind in regards to talent. 

If we in fact draft Rosen or Mayfield our top priority has to be protecting them as opposed to getting them weapons.  What we currently have on our roster is fine is regards to potential weapons.  We need to keep this kid upright.  If Long gets hurt for any extended period of time I sure as hell do not feel comfortable putting Johnson or whoever backup Center in there.  It's too important of a position to have an injury prone player manning the position and not having a plug and play backup ready to go.  That's where one of these top Center prospects come in.  And if one of these C are there I'd move Long to G to replace Carpenter and start the rookie C if he's the real deal.  Ideally, teams get turned away by the injury somehow and by some miracle Billy Price is still there at the top of the 3rd round.  I've seen crazier things happen in the draft.  If so it's a no-brainer.

If there isn't a C worthy of drafting in that spot then I'd look to the best available guard.  And after that if there's an impact OLB like Arden Key that happens to slip into the 3rd then I'm all over him.

Archived