NY Jets Trade Christian Hackenberg

6 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Christian Hackenberg is such an organizational failure by this Jets regime. You evaluated the kid, you coached the kid, and you couldn’t get him into 1 game?? I really hope he proves everyone wrong.

He won’t 

He was awful  before he was drafted and a few of the sensible people on here knew it.  I'd like to see the apologies rain in now from the people on here that loved or gave this guy a pass.

Having said all that and before even seeing he contents of the other thread and his comments, the Jets handled him and petty for that matter as bad as you can handle a QB prospect.  He was awful but the total lack of effort on the part of the jets was laughable and even worse is Todd Assclown Bowles not even giving the guy a series in the last meaningless game of the year when this guy may never get a reg season snap.

27 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Bridgewater was an ASTOUNDING young Game Manager w/JAG QB physical traits, YET he has a Division Title under his belt - only 2 years pro -  while neither Fitzy nor JMcC have achieved that in their 10+ year NFL careers. 

If you haven’t noticed, the Vikings have been a MUCH better org than the browns. You going to say bridgewater wins a div title win the browns ??

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Only preseason but Hack put out some of the worst tape I’ve ever seen from a QB in my life. Had every chance to win the job and couldn’t even beat out Petty. It’s for the best he never played a snap, he could have really gotten hurt out there. It would have been more embarrassing for Macc to play him than for him to never even take a snap which says a lot. Really bad player, man he stinks.

I heard hes a nice guy though ! Best of luck in Oakland

7 hours ago, C Mart said:

Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero)

5/22/18, 4:40 PM

“I’ll be shocked if Hackenberg is not a first-round pick.” - Jon Gruden in ESPN Insider story, April 2016

Gruden has a horrible track record developing young Qb's.  This is the same guy who tried to convince the Raiders to draft J Manziel , instead of Carr. I wouldn't listen to anything Gruden thinks about Qb.

Lucky for him , he has a Qb on the roster , and he doesn't have to find one.

16 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

CALL IT HERE FIRST:

Carr goes down

Hackenberg gets the call

Throwing motion has been corrected

Takes Raiders to the Super Bowl

Its just SOOOOO.....Jetsy.

It's really not, considering such situations have never occurred anywhere but in the imaginations of emo Jets fans.  There's enough real crap we have to deal with as a Jets fan, this inventing of new things is a bit unnecessary.

19 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

If you haven’t noticed, the Vikings have been a MUCH better org than the browns. You going to say bridgewater wins a div title win the browns ??

Shut your tripe and don't put words in my mouth. I never implied that in any way. 

I didn't say HE won the Division Title, but he's competent enough of a Pro QB to run a Pro offense on a good team and NOT hold it back like we have seen with other QBs: Kurt Warner on the Cardinals replacing Leinart, Jets Offense under McCown vs. under Petty in '17 just as quick examples. 

He's serviceable and that's better than 1/3 of the leagues' present QB situation. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

It's really not, considering such situations have never occurred anywhere but in the imaginations of emo Jets fans.  There's enough real crap we have to deal with as a Jets fan, this inventing of new things is a bit unnecessary.

Just you watch. We’re gonna be watching Hack vs Geno in the Super Bowl this year. 

No, he is guaranteed to go on and never be relevant, because we traditionally draft terrible QBs.  Who was the last QB we had who sucked or was under-utilized here and went on to do anything elsewhere?  Jeff Blake maybe?

That just means we’re overdue

Which only says Gruden has an irrational sense of confidence in his ability to coach up awful QB's.
Hackenberg's level of inaccuracy is simply uncoachable. 

Ok, stopwith the definites. You weren’t at practices and you definitely weren’t a coach, you’re guessing like all the rest of us.

4 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

CALL IT HERE FIRST:

Carr goes down

Hackenberg gets the call

Throwing motion has been corrected

Takes Raiders to the Super Bowl

Its just SOOOOO.....Jetsy.

That wouldnt be Jetsy at all. 

I dont know of any part of Jets history that would come close to that scenario. 

Hackenberg is and has always been trash. It was a terrible pick from the start. Penn St. got better when Hack left and I feel that will be the same with the Jets. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

That wouldnt be Jetsy at all. 

I dont know of any part of Jets history that would come close to that scenario. 

Hackenberg is and has always been trash. It was a terrible pick from the start. Penn St. got better when Hack left and I feel that will be the same with the Jets. 

Macc out thought himself on this. A lot of people gave him an undrafted grade.

We made a mistake move on, the Jets suck in round 2. I look at the roster and we seem to be in the best QB postion I've ever seen the Jets in.

Im sure folk outrage for the sake of it.

• Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Macc out thought himself on this. A lot of people gave him an undrafted grade.

We made a mistake move on, the Jets suck in round 2. I look at the roster and we seem to be in the best QB postion I've ever seen the Jets in.

Im sure folk outrage for the sake of it.

I absolutely agree. Macc made that mistake and we all knew it when it made the pick. I also agree that this is the best QB situation I've seen in a long time, which is unfortunate because it's all because of Bridgewater. If he isnt able to play then essentially all we have is McCown and a rookie qb. If Bridgewater can contribute then having McCown as the #2 would put the Jets as having one of the best #2 QBs in the league and Sam at #3 means that he can just hide for a season and prepare to compete with Bridgewater for the starting job next season.

We have to remember that Bridgewater is also a young qb. If he pans out he's also franchise qb quality. I wouldn't be so quick to just up his stock and then try to trade him. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Bingo.  That 2nd rounder was a sunk cost.  The only factor in the decision making should be what the costs would be of keeping Hackenberg around and whether, right now, the Jets could recover anything for him.

Yup, I'm a poker player and reason I win is I don't consider my money in the pot my money once it's in. 95% can't make that disconnect. We blew that second rounder, Mac's fault but Hack was just eating up a roster spot here so let him go. Even if he has potential we can't coach him and have a better prospect to worry about

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He was awful  before he was drafted and a few of the sensible people on here knew it.  I'd like to see the apologies rain in now from the people on here that loved or gave this guy a pass.

Having said all that and before even seeing he contents of the other thread and his comments, the Jets handled him and petty for that matter as bad as you can handle a QB prospect.  He was awful but the total lack of effort on the part of the jets was laughable and even worse is Todd Assclown Bowles not even giving the guy a series in the last meaningless game of the year when this guy may never get a reg season snap.

Apologies? Yeah, when pigs fly. This is the internet, remember? Double-down, distort the record, or disappear. Internet rules in a nutshell.

P.S. the biggest takeaway from the Hack trade? Jets think Bridgewater is healthy.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

I was disappointed/pissed that he didn't get into any games at all last year. No excuse for that especially after McCown went down. WTF dudes we had NOTHING to lose. At least give the kid a chance.

They did give him many chances in practice, and some in preseason.   He was so horrible, they wouldn't dare give him a regular season snap.  He certainly never earned it. 

The Jets coaching staff is flawed, but it is clear that they, along with some players, feel that he has no business being on an NFL roster. 

I still don't understand how some of you haven't seen enough, even with your own eyes at Penn State and in pre-season, to believe that?

Things are looking up since Chris Johnson took over. Could he be the Jets lucky charm? Bridgewater could be the best QB here since Chad if he proves to be healthy. McCown seems fine with playing the mentor role, the Browns & Giants bypass the concensus #1 QB in this class in Darnold.

He squashed the Suh interest (guarantee u Bowles was part of that interest). He signs off on cutting the Bryce Petty project & jettisoning a complete bust 2nd round QB. Takes a real GM to suck it up & admit you f*cked up big time trading your mistake for a conditional 7th rounder. Macc looked like a complete moron drafting a QB that Bill Obrien who passed on the guy he coached at Penn State when the Texans, a team who was in desperate need of a young franchise QB themselves. Let's hope Macc learned his lesson trying to be smarter than the average bear. Bradway use to pull this sh*t all the time too, making draft decisions that leave fans mouths agape with WTF moments. 

Jets are going to be a surprise team this year, I can just feel it coming. They always surprise when no one expects it. The Fins & Bills are completely rebuilding now which leads me to 4 wins within the division & they just need to steal one at home vs the Pats who they had on the ropes last year. You get 5 wins in your division & your on your way to a playoff run. Can't wait for this year to start. And if McCown gets hurt, Bridgewater comes in instead of a horrifically bad Bryce Petty (a guy that couldn't even throw a ball in the rain). It's the dawning of a new day in Florham Park. Josh McCown, Teddy Bridgewater & Sam Darnold? Best 2nd & 3rd QBs in the AFC East. Any starters go down in this division, the Jets are certainly in the best position to succeed. When is the last time we could ever say that about our QB group?

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

J-O-K-E

6 hours ago, Rexorcism said:

Ok, stopwith the definites. You weren’t at practices and you definitely weren’t a coach, you’re guessing like all the rest of us.

I know that the people that were at practices just signed off on trading a former 2nd round pick for literally nothing.  They won't even get that 7th round pick. 

And no, its not a guess.  Hackenberg's level of inaccuracy has never succeeded in the NFL.  No one can fix that.  And everyone but Mike Maccagnan and maybe a few others knew this would be the case the moment he was drafted:

No quarterback in QBASE's database (top-100 picks since 1996) has succeeded with remotely similar stats. The list of previous top-100 picks with completion rates under 55 percent in their last college seasons -- Brock Huard, Dave Ragone, Kyle Boller, Marques Tuiasosopo, and Quincy Carter -- augurs poorly for Hackenberg's NFL prospects.

• Upvote 2

Yes, he was a huge disappointment for a second rounder but it's like crying over spilled milk to obsess on it now.  Sometimes you just have to cut your losses.  I would be praising it if they just flat out cut him.  Can't have him using up reps in practice.  Amazing that we might get anything at all for him.

And for those of you who have said that he didn't get a fair shake, you just weren't paying attention.  They so badly wanted this guy to win the job last year.  He just didn't show anything.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Apologies? Yeah, when pigs fly. This is the internet, remember? Double-down, distort the record, or disappear. Internet rules in a nutshell.

P.S. the biggest takeaway from the Hack trade? Jets think Bridgewater is healthy.

You left out come back with a different screenname, rinse, repeat.

Good luck to Hackenberg, hopefully he can get his career on track in OAK/LV.
But if he points fingers and blame at everybody else for his failures he's
doomed.  Let's not re-write history, Hackenberg was given the full off-season
of 2017 to win the job and he couldn't.  After an encouraging opener against TEN
he got exposed for his lack of understanding of protections every game after that.
And when a QB can't figure out his protection and where to go with the ball he
can end up in the hospital every time the ball is snapped.  The pick was a
failure but at least Maccagnan didn't drag it out any longer.  And if he learned
when evaluating a player not to ignore his tape then maybe we got saved from
picking Josh Allen this year 

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Yes, he was a huge disappointment for a second rounder but it's like crying over spilled milk to obsess on it now.  Sometimes you just have to cut your losses.  I would be praising it if they just flat out cut him.  Can't have him using up reps in practice.  Amazing that we might get anything at all for him.

And for those of you who have said that he didn't get a fair shake, you just weren't paying attention.  They so badly wanted this guy to win the job last year.  He just didn't show anything.

I think the obsessing is because:

1. It's news. It'll fade, eventually. Probably won't fully go away, nor should it, but once he's out of Jets news and Darnold starts playing the whole exercise/error will hopefully be a means to an end.

2. A solid two years of obsessive finger-wagging from those who believed in him, with endless snotty sarcasm along the lines of "The geniuses here think they know more than Macc LOLOLOL!!!"

3. Said finger-waggers, from reason two, want to obsess over blame for his failure being squarely placed on Todd Bowles (bad HC that he is in his own right). 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Yes, he was a huge disappointment for a second rounder but it's like crying over spilled milk to obsess on it now.  Sometimes you just have to cut your losses.  

We should have never drafted him, especially not where we took him, and pretty much every poster here said as much at the moment it happened.  When JN posters know more than the guy who has one of the 32 most important jobs in a multi-billion dollar industry, that's just sad. 

It's not crying over spilled milk.  It's crying over total incompetence by our GM.  We didn't whiff on a guy who had a shot to be successful.  We whiffed on a guy who had almost literally 0 mathematical chance to succeed in the league, and used a 2nd round pick for that privilege. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1