!### Jets vs Bills -- The Official Game Thread ###!

Maxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I haven't read anyone saying that. 

A bad HC in charge of a bad roster doesn't mean he'd be a good HC if given a good roster. 

You need both, though I do think you need talent to coach. Even a dope like Bowles was able to scrape together a 10-win season when the GM spent 2.5 years worth of cap room to make 1 the team merely decent for 1 season. Plenty of bad HCs have coached their way to the playoffs with decent rosters. Very few good coaches, no matter how good, are able to take trash rosters to the playoffs. But again, they both need to go.

Agree with this all 100%.  Bowles should definitely go, but his incompetencies are not the one's that are completely unrecoverable for an NFL team.  A GM incapable of putting together an even slightly talented roster is a bit of a deal-breaker.  Keeping Maccagnan while getting rid of Bowles would be the single dumbest thing they could do.

4 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I don’t know how anyone expected a rookie QB to save this team from horrible coaching and players playing like they’ve never played a snap of football before, that’s on coaching for this debacle.

...and player acquisition....

Can only listen to this one as I’m out of town. Could have gone to a bar but so glad I didn’t.  Sounds to me like the team has quit on Bowles.  4 consecutive 3 and outs on offense and Matt Barkley looking like Tom Brady?  No pass rush whatsoever.  Miami and Buffalo were not only can wins but must wins.  Right now Jets are even worse than the Giants and every other crap team in the NFL.  Thoroughly disgusted.  SAME OLD JETS.

I mean the Bills are doing everything the Jets should have done this game.

passion, trick play, attacking, creativity...

What else does Chris Johnson need to see???  For christs sake fire Bowles tomorrow and give the interim coach the bye week to get ready.

Archived