What will you do when you find out Todd Bowles will be back next season?

Philc1

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point with all the coaches being fired, the Jets would have fierce competition for a quality coach

I can see a coach making the choice between a team with a dumpster fire talent level on offense or go to the team with perhaps a GOAT at QB.  Tough call!

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I think I’ll buy a Hackenberg jersey

i don't see him coming back as hc.  at best, he could be dc.  even though his defense is giving up a ton of yards these days he still might be a decent dc if he didn't have to be distracted by being the hc.

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I still think this but has any coach in history survived a 3-year run like Bowles is about to have?

Romeo Crennel had a similar 4 year stint. 

there are other coaches with worse winning percentages but didn't have the job long enough to make the qualified rankings 

10 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i don't see him coming back as hc.  at best, he could be dc.  even though his defense is giving up a ton of yards these days he still might be a decent dc if he didn't have to be distracted by being the hc.

If Arians comes here I can tolerate Bowles as DC.  Otherwise BYE

3 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Life goes on, but I think Beningo would killed him self 

LOL

reminds me of a story

a certain poster would come to the old stadium every week and party.

(this is a real person, some definitely remember. Im not going to name names. But it's not Ham). 

Anyway, the Jets would lose, he'd go home and break some of his belongings. One week it was the TV. the next it was his chair.

over the course of the season (it may have been during a Pennington injury year) the Jets were so bad, that by the end he was tearing out the linoleum floor in the kitchen with his bare hands, because there was nothing left to break. 

untitled-222.gif

Dump the NY Jets. 

Buy season tickets to the Tampa Bay Rowdies, whom were recently purchased by the Devil Rays.  Anxiously await their invitation to join MLS as an expansion team.

Did I mention renounce my status as a Jets fan?

I am serious.  My father,  brothers and I are close to dumping this franchise anyway... regardless of Blowes.  A combined 150 years of watching the Jets... and none of us care that much anymore.

53 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Romeo Crennel had a similar 4 year stint. 

there are other coaches with worse winning percentages but didn't have the job long enough to make the qualified rankings 

Crennel's record with CLE is eerily similar, but the circumstances are way different.

6-10 first year, 4-12 second year, 10-6(no playoffs) third year, 4-12 and out.

Bowles has gotten progressively worse as he's been here.. there's a legitimate argument the Jets are the worst team in the NFL.

Archived