prime21

Gregg Williams close to signing as DC

Rate this topic

Finally! Something to be excited about. Lee will have to step up big time to play for Williams. Better question can Lee play in a 4-3?

Just now, munchmemory said:

Watch what you wish for with Williams.  Guy is a loose cannon with a history of scumbag moves designed to injure players.  Not the kind of personality I would want on my team.

I want a bastsh*t crazy lunatic coaching the defense that holds players accountable.

After almost half a decade of Bowles and Rodgers, it’s overdue.

9 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Hopefully he won’t even get the chance to and we trade him. 

9 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

He may not be long for this team.

This could be very true for the right price. Or he ignites under Williams if hired. So much dogging it and stupid under Bowles. Greg would bring instant discipline, accountability and consequence.

Just now, Untouchable said:

I want a bastsh*t crazy lunatic coaching the defense that holds players accountable.

After almost half a decade of Bowles and Rodgers, it’s overdue.

Last word from me:  You can be tough/intimidating without being psychotic and dangerous.  I never respected the guy after the "events" in NOLA.  All I'm saying is that he's not my cup of tea.  I respect that others have a different opinion of the guy.

i havent read the first 3 pages but this is a GREAT hire...

underrated fact is that guys like Jamal Adams get an aggressive CEO of the D, so hiring of Gase which may have been a let down becomes a lot less of one. i love it....this is a McVay / Phillips type of a pairing that i think everyone is looking for now a days.

22 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Gase and Williams...anyone think we’re still going to have players showing up late for meetings or missing them entirely?

19 minutes ago, KRL said:

Will be nice to have a team that comes out of the locker room "nasty" every game

20 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Hol........EEEEEEEE........sh!t..

if this hire happens I would be very happy.

Would make my thoughts on Gase improve a large amount.

Good move.  My only issue is both Gase and Williams have similar personalities that I feel need to be toned down. But I do feel this is a very good move