The Le'Veon Bell Thread

Team archer

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be careful on the structure of the contract..... he hasn't played in a year and reports have him carrying extra weight. I would include 53 man roster bonus, playing weight bonus, Pro Bowl bonus, rushing yards, reception bonus etc. Need to keep him motivated after the big payday

12 hours ago, southtown24th said:
More

Credit Le’Veon Bell’s side for keeping his client’s intentions hidden, but those around league continue to tell me the #Jets are the favorite for to sign him without a clear No. 2. His market isn’t as robust as originally believed.

come on!!  get 'er dun!!!

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Has Incarcerated Bob weighed in on this situation yet?

Probably after lunch.  Todays menu is chicken loaf, mashed potatoes, and prison pie.  As for Bell, looks like the smart guy may have overestimated his market.  Good.  Not at 16 million for four guaranteed, let him swing.  The Raiders can have him.

9 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Not exactly Ralph Vacchiano, but I'll take it. 

Bears just signed Mike Davis to a 2 year $7 mil deal right? so then Bell at $14, Davis at $2 and Cohen at ~$1 Mil.

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

because he's gonna get paid! lol

Probably Philly or Seattle just to leave us JETS fans frustrated.

Just now, prime21 said:

Hw much can the Bears offer?  I would pick them over the Jets but then again, why did I sit out a year for??  To make less money?

The Bears now have 27 mil in cap room, so they have enough to sign Bell at the price he desires.

It's just a matter of which team wants him more

49 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

My source within the Jets just said he believes a big offensive move is looming ""a lot of discussions right now with offensive coaches and scouts"

Maybe Bell but could the coaches and scouts inclusion mean a trade? For a #1 WR?

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

Maybe Bell but could the coaches and scouts inclusion mean a trade? For a #1 WR?

AJ Green, Julio, Hopkins, Mike kEvans.... what a guy can dream right....

Probably Bell or Paradis

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

I thought the Raiders were broke and why would Bell want to go there? They're a homeless franchise who also stinks.

being the highest paid professional football player in Las Vegas is like being declared the king of party mountain 

All of these other signings, to me, are just more examples of what fraud agency is.   I think they signed good players,  certainly not JAGs... the team is better but this league is about offense.

Bell is the guy I believe that can change the fortunes of this franchise.  

We have seen some good defenses in the last 30 years.  The Jets have had one great offense, '98, since the mid 80s. 

Without Le'Veon Bell... I am just "meh" about this off-season.

Post in other thread, but Cimini stated on ESPN Radio NY this Noon hour that Jets interest in Bell as of this morning is TEPID. 

They are NOT WRITING a BLANK CHECK to Bell and this is what has dragged out Bell's decision. 

Jets REALLY want Paradis badly as well, and Paradis is STILL in NYC as of this morning. 

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

Post in other thread, but Cimini stated on ESPN Radio NY this Noon hour that Jets interest in Bell as of this morning is TEPID. 

They are NOT WRITING a BLANK CHECK to Bell and this is what has dragged out Bell's decision. 

Jets REALLY want Paradis badly as well, and Paradis is STILL in NYC as of this morning. 

This sounds like the counter-leverage move.

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

being the highest paid professional football player in Las Vegas is like being declared the king of party mountain 

Yeah but nobody is guaranteeing more then 3 years IMO money wise, and the Raiders won’t be the Kings of Vegas until Bell’s 3rd year there you can’t base your decision on that, now if they were in Vegas already I’d agree.

Looks like Bell is backed into a corner. The Jets biggest competitor with salary cap is the Colts and from the looks of it are out of the running for Bell. The Jets most likely have the largest offer on the table, yet I got the feeling he's not really enthused of coming here thus the holdup. Does he take the most money and play for the Jets, or go somewhere else for less money. In the end I think greedy Bell takes the biggest offer and comes to NY.

Archived