Le'Veon Bell signs with Jets

FO-Ti

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad deal for Bell. Great deal for the Jets.

Bell turned down a five year, $70 million deal from the Steelers with over $30 million in the first two years. Had he signed his franchise tender with the Steelers, he would have made $14.5 million last season.

Turns out sitting out the season means he's taken less money per year on average than the Steelers last offer to him. Maybe the Jets guaranteed all the money, but I suspect that the hold-out didn't turn out the way he thought it would.

1 minute ago, southtown24th said:

$13 million per year.

Eat it.

Lol. He is just the opposite of a genius. We must thank all the other teams for not Showing any respect for bell. I just hope he doesn’t try another hold out drama next yr. we had enough of that with mevis

Didn't really want to pay a RB top money but he's getting a lot less than I thought and you might as well go all in while Darnold is on a rookie deal, not like there are much better allocations of our cap space. Finally a legit weapon on offense!! Mac's firm deadline seems to have worked out for us. 

1 minute ago, BallinPB said:

Damn he gave up more money last year all to make less money???   I’m happy and all but damn that didn’t work out so well for him.  

I think it did work out in a way. He saw Ryan Shazier’s career end on one play right in front of him before he got his second contract. Bell cashed in on a long term deal, even if it isn’t as high as he would have liked.

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

That is far better than I feared.  Assuming most of it is guaranteed, but $13MM/season is pretty fair and as long as we aren't on the hook for $15MM in the last year fully guaranteed, nice job, Macc.  I dreaded this signing but now I'm pretty impressed with it.

I was feeling the same.  I’m happy now with this.  

Just now, David Harris said:

He’s a wide receiver too.

is our OL good enough to help him enough? We have no center, a good guard and errybody else is meh

I wanted Paradis, but we still should have plenty of money to shake a center or edge rusher out of the tree. May not be as good as Paradis, but should be better than Long. 

Maybe we trade down and with some of the extra picks find the next Mangold instead of a stopgap. 

Archived