Chiefs - Jets Agree to Darron Lee trade

15 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Gase already started trading people? A (presumably) low sixth round pick for Lee? might as well keep him as a backup.

LOoks like he’s trying to make a point, nothing else. Kicking, pissing on a guy he already knocked down.  Reminds of the wife who sold her husband’s Mercedes for $800 during the divorce to get back at him. The more I hear the less I like  

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

Gase is jacked up and trading on emotions.   This is a big swingin' d--k move that he forced to make a point. He sold Lee too low...

Yeah I mean Lee is an idiot. The final straw may have been the laughing tweet he posted, then deleted about the Mac firing. This may actually not even be Gase behind this move.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i should think williams had some input.  6th seems pretty cheap for lee.  there may be something else going on besides his play on the field.

Wishful thinking buddy. This is just Gase getting chump change returns before he had to.

Embrace the response everyone wanted. This is gonna be good times I'm feeling. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Untouchable said:

Sounds about right

I was hoping that we could possibly get a 4th, but that was always wishful thinking.

This is an age where arguably the best WR in the league gets traded for a 3rd and 5th, an all-pro OG like Osemele fetches the equivalent of less than a 5th rounder, etc.

The guy is an underachieving, undersized LB with off the field issues. I think some people forget he was suspended the last 4 games of the season last year and he had that incident 2 years ago where he was about to beat the sh*t out of some chick at a party before Leo picked him up like a toddler and carried him away.

If he was not drafted in the first round nobody would blink for what he was traded for.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 3

So Gase is clearly a big fan.

Don't really have a problem with this though.  If not this, the most he'd contribute would be spending the year as a backup before walking for nothing, while also possibly not even making it out of camp.  The only reason for additional comittment to Lee was Macc's desperation to not make himself look like an even bigger idiot.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

6th round pick? Gimme a break.  We would've been better off keeping him at least through camp instead of just giving him away.

This trade sucks. If Macc made it people would be screaming what an idiot he is!!!

That said, I called this earlier today. Now we find out what Gase thinks of Leo and some of Macc's other picks.... This is going to get crazy.

Once they couldn't move Lee during the draft you had to know that there was basically no market for him.   A 6th is better than nothing and he likely would have been cut during camp.   Another failed NY Jets draft pick.   I wonder what pres thinks about it.  

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

6th round pick? Gimme a break.  We would've been better off keeping him at least through camp instead of just giving him away.

This trade sucks. If Macc made it people would be screaming what an idiot he is!!!

That said, I called this earlier today. Now we find out what Gase thinks of Leo and some of Macc's other picks.... This is going to get crazy.

Crazy. This is flat our stupidity.  Macc used a 5th to get KO and a 6th.  Gase gets a low 6th for Lee.  Unreal.  

The chiefs are laughing at the laughing stock Jets

• Upvote 1

Some perspective...
Jets acquired former pro bowl Guard Osemele (2 years left on his contract) and a 6th for a 5th. Why would anyone think that the Jets would get more compensation back for Lee on the last year of his deal after being a bust?

Well he's 24 years old and at the risk of referring to PFF, he was ranked as the 24th best linebacker and an above average rating. He did play well in the beginning of last season, scored a TD and 3 INTs in 12 games.

I'm not a Lee fan at all, but this guy Gase is a piece of work. Hopefully Lee doesn't suddenly ball out in KC and make this organization look even worse. What a day lol.
  • Upvote 1

Gee whizz. Guess when you are all swole anything can happen.

That lyin bag of sh!t and his imaginary 240lb body cant get out of here fast enough for me.

What a douche bag Lee is.

Did he really tweet laughing after Mac got canned?

He should be kissing his feet and thanking Mac till the day he dies for drafting him that high.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, Lith said:

Guess we know what Gase thinks of Lee.  6th round pick.

They're bouncing Lee for chump change because he skipped OTA's. I'd expect Gase is going to chop a few heads off to set a tone. I'm interested, moving forward, in what happens to Leonard Williams and Robbie Anderson. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

20 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Some perspective...

Jets acquired former pro bowl Guard Osemele (2 years left on his contract) and a 6th for a 5th. Why would anyone think that the Jets would get more compensation back for Lee on the last year of his deal after being a bust?

Why are you comparing a 24 year old ILB on a rookie contract to a 30 year old (at the start of the season) guard making $13mm/year? 

42 minutes ago, Lith said:

Guess we know what Gase thinks of Lee.  6th round pick.

Wow, thats as close to "worthless" as you can get.  6th or 7th rounders mean GMGase really wanted him gone.

He's worth more as a one-year backup than a 6th, tbqh, but I expect this is just the start to the Gase Purge (tm).

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They're bouncing Lee for chump change because he skipped OTA's. I'd expect Gase is going to chop a few heads off to set a tone. I'm interested, moving forward, in what happens to Leonard Williams and Robbie Anderson. 

Robby Anderson extension before tomorrow?