I see a trade coming....

It's weird, I actually had a dream about the last 2 plays of this game yesterday during an afternoon nap. Darnold on his last play fumbled the ball as he was trying to center it for the FG attempt and then recovered the ball himself and our new FG kicker or shall  say soon to be EX-FG kicker won the game with a FG. No Nostradamus am I . 

• Haha 1

Douglas is a goof if he isn’t inquiring about Williams.

He doesn’t get a free pass for the year just because he came in later in the offseason. He still has resources to work with.

Darnold was harassed pretty much constantly. Sh*t isn’t going to magically get easier against Myles Garrett, Sheldon Richardson, Oliver Vernon, etc.

Kalil and Winters looked like poop and Beachum had a subpar game as well. 

If you can get an upper echelon solution at LT for the next 3 years, then that’s well worth a 2nd round pick. Hell, offer them Leo and a 3rd.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Untouchable said:

He doesn’t get a free pass for the year just because he came in later in the offseason. 

Darnold was harassed pretty much constantly. Sh*t isn’t going to magically get easier against Myles Garrett, Sheldon Richardson, Oliver Vernon, etc.

If you can get an upper echelon solution at LT for the next 3 years, then that’s well worth a 2nd round pick.

yea but FIRST we MUST shore up that defensive line, with the trend of the game changing back to the running game being the most important offensive weapons-must stop those 8 running plays FIRST, then we can worry about the speed rusher and LBer in case another one gets hurt, then we can fill in our O-line with 6 and 7 RDP and UFA's  maybe even a guy who's decided to play again a month before the season starts and take the millions of dollars being offered instead of trying to watch TV while listening to the wife bitch about "NOW what are you gonna do, sit here all year? You got another thing coming, if you think that I'm...." "ring ring I changed my mind I want to play".

4 hours ago, Untouchable said:

He doesn’t get a free pass for the year just because he came in later in the offseason. He still has resources to work with.

If you can get an upper echelon solution at LT for the next 3 years, then that’s well worth a 2nd round pick. Hell, offer them Leo and a 3rd.

This is def a team that should be giving up draft picks right now

4 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Beachum was the 3rd best lineman today. Kalil hopefully is rusting and will improve. Winters? He concerns me a lot, that wasn't a good game for him.

Just now, dbatesman said:

This is def a team that should be giving up draft picks right now

Meh

Both of our starting OT’s are scheduled to hit FA after this season and mediocre tackles like Trent Brown are getting paid $17 million a year on the open market.

If Williams is healthy, he’s arguably the best in the league. 

No way do I want to see Darnold consistently getting knocked around like today.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

One thing at a time. First priority is keeping our 22-year old QB from getting David Carr’d.

we made our bed, now we have to lie in it... i'm not condoning trading away draft capital for anything. LT, included.... what's presently happening on sundays is directly related to this peter for paul business

If any other teams are calling the Jets and offering DRAFT PICKS for any of the Jets vets, Joe should definitely be listening.  But I doubt that's happening. 

The OL is likely to stink all year.  Let's hope that the starters can at least get a bit better with time working together so that Sam does not get killed.

• Upvote 1

I don't know that we have the right ammo, though with Leo likely to walk anyway that would be the only thing we could do that would make sense for Trent. 

That said, Gase better make don't adjustments, use TEs, move the pocket, freaking something to help give Sam some room to step up and throw.

6 hours ago, SpankyJohnson said:

Trent Williams anybody?

Also bring in about 30 kickers for tryouts this week. 

We need a LT. Period. Trent is there for the taking. Make a damn trade. Dispose of some of these scrubs and throw in a draft pick to sweeten the deal. It would be a move in the right direction.