***OFFICIAL JETS VS RAVENS GAME THREAD***

joewilly12

Just now, JiF said:

Help me understand that play call.  That's the 2nd time on 4th and 1 they roll him out so far and deep from the LOS and give him only 2 WR's in route.  It's ridiculously easy to defend and hard to execute. 

the prevailing idea is Sam is ELITE when rolling out....

Just now, Losmeister said:

the prevailing idea is Sam is ELITE when rolling out....

He's great on the run but those are just hard plays to execute when all you need is 1 yard.  I dont understand making it 10 yards longer, not mention each time they had a free rusher in his face.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Help me understand that play call.  That's the 2nd time on 4th and 1 they roll him out so far and deep from the LOS and give him only 2 WR's in route.  It's ridiculously easy to defend and hard to execute. 

Part of the reason he rolls out so 'far and deep' is because the edge rusher beats his man off the line every time.

At least that's what I'm seeing.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

On the move, avoiding pressure, to a 5'9 WR running a crosser to the sideline with a defender draped all over him.  

Nex play, has to create room, pressure in the face, throw to the corner, WR draped by defended. 

This is what we ask Sam to do to be successful.  

Then look at what Jackson is asked to do. 

Broken leg very first game of Jackson plays for the Jets...no passing pocket no separation from receivers.  The exact OPPOSITE situation he has in Balt.

Announcers gushing about all the TDs he threw tonight...almost all the guy is open by 15 yards and he missed one with the guy open by 25 yards.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

He's great on the run but those are just hard plays to execute when all you need is 1 yard.  I dont understand making it 10 yards longer, not mention each time they had a free rusher in his face.

Also, seems like the Ravens may have made a halftime adjustment to take the rollouts to the right away.  Sam's good at it, but it can become predictable.