Robbie wants 10M+

heymangold

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Not sure Quincey and his broken neck are necessarily lazy but I agree with the overall sentiment. 

Agree, he was a warrior, I was more thinking of his recent skipping of rehab without calling and then complaining about the $10k fine with $20m in the bank (Moss would be wiping with that fine lol)

he went on IR the day after he signed that contract so that was basically his injury settlement and I don't need to see him back on the team

• Upvote 2

He also never had a QB to throw over 4K yards. 
If the Jets keep him as their #1 then they should pay him the 10 million. If not then walk away, but it depends on free agency, and honestly, all of these draft picks should be offensive line and later on receiver. 

Can make any excuse for the guy you want he is a good player but he will never be elite. His best skill is his speed which will not last forever. 10m a year is going to be too much, their is a decent chance amari cooper makes it to free agency and he is a better reciever.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Maccagnan passed on Terry McLaurin to draft Jachai Polite. McLaurin has played in the worst QB situation in the league this year:

Terry McLaurin: 58 catches, 919 yards, 15.8 yp, 7 TDs, 62.37 catch%

Robby Anderson: 49 catches, 761 yards, 15.5 ypr, 5 TDs, 55.04 catch%

Also passed on Darius Slayton for Trevon Wesco omg

No way Robbie Anderson is worth 10 plus million a year the guy is not a #1 or even a #2 WR he is a slot guy who only having success running straight routes. He has a skinny frame he isnt a great physical type WR who can get you a ton of receptions on short heavy traffic routes in the redzone. He isnt even Darnolds favorite target Crowder is. So why are the Jets going to overpay for another slot guy who has a history of disciplinary problems outside of football who never had a 1000 yard season. Robby Anderson is a dime a dozen just like Enuwa was neither one of these guys ever looked good. The fans fall in love with everybody and want to keep them all,  let him walk. There are better options. Right now on the roster I think Vycint Smith has potential to be a better WR then Anderson ever could be before even drafting and hitting free agency. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Can make any excuse for the guy you want he is a good player but he will never be elite. His best skill is his speed which will not last forever. 10m a year is going to be too much, their is a decent chance amari cooper makes it to free agency and he is a better reciever.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

$10 million/year is not elite receiver money. Elite receivers getting new contracts are all going to be over $20 million/year now. Letting Anderson walk and signing Cooper is probably a good scenario but he'll demand at least $16 million/year. With playoffs on the line last week the guy disappeared though - don't know if that's a thing for him but you don't want to pay big money to guys who shrink in big spots.

https://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver/

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, heymangold said:

Surprised there isn’t a post about everyone’s favorite and how much money he wants.  Surprising since he’s never been a 1K receiver in his career.  I’d imagine he won’t be resigning here then.

He is gonna get 10 Mill or close to it.    I had him pegged for about 9mill.   What's an extra 1 mill.  I say pay the man the 10 Mill.   Draft one of these stud WR coming out this year.  If we let him walk then we may have to readjust the draft strategy quite a bit

Right now if we sign him our Top 4 picks should be

1st Rd - OT  (Probably Austin Jackson USC)

2nd Rd - C or G  (maybe C Tyler Biadasz or G Shane Lemieux

3rd Rd -  WR   (Eiither Colin Johnson  or Michael Pittman JR)

3rd Rd - Edge Rusher (slim pickings here but maybe Jabari Zuniga FL)

If we don't sign Robby with this draft being deep at both WR and OL we may have to go for 2  of each with out first 4 picks lookin something like this

1st Rd - WR - (my guess is  Jeudy is gone so we go with CeeDee Lamb)

3rd Rd - OT    (Hopefully Yasir Durant)

I prefer option 1 but option 2 could work as well...  Depends on what happens in Free Agency as well

1 minute ago, lounap23 said:

He is gonna get 10 Mill or close to it.    I had him pegged for about 9mill.   What's an extra 1 mill.  I say pay the man the 10 Mill.   Draft one of these stud WR coming out this year.  If we let him walk then we may have to readjust the draft strategy quite a bit

If we don't sign Robby with this draft being deep at both WR and OL we may have to go for 2  of each with out first 4 picks lookin something like this

I prefer option 1 but option 2 could work as well...  Depends on what happens in Free Agency as well

We need a young fast RB like Etienne most teams have a 1-2 punch at the RB position. 

14 hours ago, heymangold said:

Surprised there isn’t a post about everyone’s favorite and how much money he wants.  Surprising since he’s never been a 1K receiver in his career.  I’d imagine he won’t be resigning here then.

I'm surprised you say what he wants and not post a link.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We need a young fast RB like Etienne most teams have a 1-2 punch at the RB position. 

I agree.   But we have to fix the OL... I don't think Bell is done and would be fine with keeping him but if by some chance we can get a 3rd and a 5th for him.... I think I would do that cause I think we can find a guy in this draft that would be cheaper or sign a guy that will be available and gain a valuable extra pick or two.

A few FA rb's gonna be out there that are younger and cheaper and can be very productive

Jordan Howard - this is who I would go after big time

Kenyon Drake

Dewayne Washington 

• Upvote 1

They've been using him more recently on shorter patterns and it's been successful. But his true value is as a legit deep threat. And with a good team and offense esp Oline he could be pretty effective. Just an observation on my part (I could be wrong as far as what happens behind the scenes) but he seems to be more mature and not as selfish a player. I haven't heard him complaining too much in games where he's not a focal point. Does he have potential to be a team player?

Not sure what some of you guys expect.  $10MM for Robby is going rate.  He will get it and he should get it.   Below is list of WRs with avg salary of between $9MM and $11MM. 

Larry Fitzgerald   $11,000,000
Emmanuel Sanders $11,000,000
Tyler Boyd   $10,750,000
Sterling Shepard $10,250,000
Tyler Lockett  $10,250,000
Devin Funchess   $10,000,000
Jamison Crowder  $9,500,000
Golden Tate    $9,375,000
DeSean Jackson   $9,300,000
John Brown   $9,000,000
Adam Humphries $9,000,000
Quincy Enunwa $9,000,000

These are not elite guys.  Elite WR money is $18MM+; which is what Amari Cooper is likely to get paid.  If we don't re-sign Robby, we are going into next season with Crowder, Bellamy, Berrios and Vyncint Smith.  We will need at least 2, maybe 3 WRs.  The only 2020 FA WRs under 30 with 750+ yards are Robby and Cooper.  Keep Robby at $10 - $11 per year with an out in the contract after year 2.  Draft a WR and sign a low tier FA.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

Can make any excuse for the guy you want he is a good player but he will never be elite.

I never made him out to be elite or made an excuse for him as if he "would be" elite had he had a better QB. 

There are plenty of places where I even discussed this reality, such as when I mention how folks criticize Robby for not doing elite stuff, while at the same time saying that he's not elite.

Here's a thread where I've discussed Robby, even saying that folks need to stop expecting him to do things that you'd expect from guys like a DeAndre Hopkins.

Now, speaking of actual elite players...

His best skill is his speed which will not last forever. 10m a year is going to be too much, their is a decent chance amari cooper makes it to free agency and he is a better reciever.

You're making a fuss about 10 million a year, as if "elite receivers" are making 10 million per season. 

Here's a list of receiver contracts

As you can see, elite receivers are around double the 10 million.  Ironically, Jamison Crowder is making 9.5 million dollars this season, and he and Anderson have identical stats in terms of yards and TD's. The only difference is that Crowder has 20 more catches being a slot receiver, but Anderson has 5 yards more per reception on average given that he's a deep threat. 

How is Jamison worth 10 million but Robby isnt? Furthermore, 10 million isnt even an elite salary, it's a salary that you issue #2 guys with particular skillsets and #3 wide receivers who are going to be hauling in alot of short to intermediate passes. 

To add, you have guys like Tyler Boyd and Sterling Shepard who've put up somewhat similar stats to Robby this season and are in the 10 million dollar range in their contracts. Guys like Tyler Lockett are having a better season, but has an MVP candidate throwing to him. 

10 million a year for Robby Anderson is a fair amount and would still leave you with room to get an actual #1 receiver in Free Agency if available or simply draft one. For goodness sakes, Quincy Enunwa makes 9 million. How is 10 million too much for a WR who's clearly our best receiver?

I've said plenty times that Robby Anderson isnt an elite receiver, but a good receiver. This is why when folks complain about him not doing elite stuff it makes no sense to me. Elite receivers are not being paid 10 million dollars a season, they're being paid closer to 20 per. 

• Post of the Week 3

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not sure what some of you guys expect.  $10MM for Robby is going rate.  He will get it and he should get it.   Below is list of WRs with avg salary of between $9MM and $11MM. 

Tyler Boyd   $10,750,000
John Brown   $9,000,000
Quincy Enunwa $9,000,000

These are not elite guys.  Elite WR money is $18MM+; which is what Amari Cooper is likely to get paid.  If we don't re-sign Robby, we are going into next season with Crowder, Bellamy, Berrios and Vyncint Smith.  We will need at least 2, maybe 3 WRs.  The only 2020 FA WRs under 30 with 750+ yards are Robby and Cooper.  Keep Robby at $10 - $11 per year with an out in the contract after year 2.  Draft a WR and sign a low tier FA.  

Douglas should sign him but with an easy out if necessary. If possible. 

Unless they think they can swing a trade with someone for an equal replacement. Bell for a mid level WR anyone??

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, heymangold said:

I'm a Robbie fan and I'm not optimistic. I hope he doesn't burn us too often when he plays us twice each year for the next 4 years at Miami.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nyjets1969 said:

No way Robbie Anderson is worth 10 plus million a year the guy is not a #1 or even a #2 WR he is a slot guy who only having success running straight routes. He has a skinny frame he isnt a great physical type WR who can get you a ton of receptions on short heavy traffic routes in the redzone. He isnt even Darnolds favorite target Crowder is. So why are the Jets going to overpay for another slot guy who has a history of disciplinary problems outside of football who never had a 1000 yard season. Robby Anderson is a dime a dozen just like Enuwa was neither one of these guys ever looked good. The fans fall in love with everybody and want to keep them all,  let him walk. There are better options. Right now on the roster I think Vycint Smith has potential to be a better WR then Anderson ever could be before even drafting and hitting free agency. 

Do you watch actually watch Jets games?  There isnt a single correct take in your entire post, but hey - he only runs vertical routes and is  real discipline problem....

• Upvote 1

Look, I have been hard on RA since day one. He’s worth 10m, hell hes probably worth 12m. I don’t want him as our #1, but he’s a weapon and continuity matters to a young QB. Braylon Edwards wasn’t a stud but he had a clear chemistry with Sanchez. We let him go for Plaxico and Derek Mason. Let’s please not do that again.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

We could.

Or we could trade Jamal, and let Robby walk, and spent the picks and tens of millions of cap space on other players.

Personally, I don't reinvest in players that have led loser teams for years and shown they do not really move the needle on winning.

But to each their own, I just think we can do better with a #1 and #3 picks (for traded Jamal) and 27 million in freed cap space than a Box Safety and a #3 "Deep Guy" WR.

Going to be very interesting what Douglas decides to do this offseason.

And trade away players who are good, who contribute for the ever popular hope and prayer unproven prospects.  I get it, what we don’t have is always better.  Nothing is guaranteed.  Other than Adams is a two time pro bowl player and All Pro

Can't believe you really believe that he’s just a box safety.  Or that RA is just a deep threat WR.  

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

Look, I have been hard on RA since day one. He’s worth 10m, hell hes probably worth 12m. I don’t want him as our #1, but he’s a weapon and continuity matters to a young QB. Braylon Edwards wasn’t a stud but he had a clear chemistry with Sanchez. We let him go for Plaxico and Derek Mason. Let’s please not do that again.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

You mean Cotchery?

If the Jets get Lamb or Jeudy then no need to pay RA. If not, then you should keep him because he has played with Darnold and developed some chemistry. Just based on his skill set and talent then you don’t pay him any higher than $10M. If Jets fix OL and give Darnold some time I think RA is a valuable member of the Jets. If Darnold lacks time then RA’s only talent is rendered useless.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And trade away players who are good, who contribute for the ever popular hope and prayer unproven prospects.

Yes. 

One known, but limited use, talent for the chance of two materially more vital talents. 

A risk I am willing to take to improve this talent-deficient team, especially on Offense.

The impact difference between Adams and an average Safety is not material IMO.

I get it, what we don’t have is always better.  

No risk, no reward.  

Nothing is guaranteed.  Other than Adams is a two time pro bowl player and All Pro.

At Safety.

He's been a Jet now for three seasons.  We've gone 4 wins, 5 wins and 6 wins (so far).  He's made the difference to what, a win or two max over that time?

I'll risk a Pro Bowl Strong Safety to potentially get a Pro Bowl WR and Pro Bowl O-Lineman.

Yes, it could fail.  So?  What's the worst that happens, we go 4, 5 or 6 wins?  

Moving Adams will not make us worse as a team.  It'll make Darnold better by supporting him with better talent. 

Making Darnold better > keeping Adams.

Can't believe you really believe that he’s just a box safety.  Or that RA is just a deep threat WR.  

I think he is a Strong Safety, an extemely low-impact position.  Most of his stats come because he's playing LB and Edge, not Safety.  

Anderson is a #3 WR.  Best at deep threat, weak in most other aspects.  I'm fine seeing him walk.

Again, we can do better the Anderson and Adams led Jets of the past few years.

4 hours ago, lounap23 said:

I don’t see Biadasz lasting that long but I’d love to get him and a OT with the first two picks. 

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I never made him out to be elite or made an excuse for him as if he "would be" elite had he had a better QB. 

There are plenty of places where I even discussed this reality, such as when I mention how folks criticize Robby for not doing elite stuff, while at the same time saying that he's not elite.

Here's a thread where I've discussed Robby, even saying that folks need to stop expecting him to do things that you'd expect from guys like a DeAndre Hopkins.

Now, speaking of actual elite players...

You're making a fuss about 10 million a year, as if "elite receivers" are making 10 million per season. 

Here's a list of receiver contracts

As you can see, elite receivers are around double the 10 million.  Ironically, Jamison Crowder is making 9.5 million dollars this season, and he and Anderson have identical stats in terms of yards and TD's. The only difference is that Crowder has 20 more catches being a slot receiver, but Anderson has 5 yards more per reception on average given that he's a deep threat. 

How is Jamison worth 10 million but Robby isnt? Furthermore, 10 million isnt even an elite salary, it's a salary that you issue #2 guys with particular skillsets and #3 wide receivers who are going to be hauling in alot of short to intermediate passes. 

To add, you have guys like Tyler Boyd and Sterling Shepard who've put up somewhat similar stats to Robby this season and are in the 10 million dollar range in their contracts. Guys like Tyler Lockett are having a better season, but has an MVP candidate throwing to him. 

10 million a year for Robby Anderson is a fair amount and would still leave you with room to get an actual #1 receiver in Free Agency if available or simply draft one. For goodness sakes, Quincy Enunwa makes 9 million. How is 10 million too much for a WR who's clearly our best receiver?

I've said plenty times that Robby Anderson isnt an elite receiver, but a good receiver. This is why when folks complain about him not doing elite stuff it makes no sense to me. Elite receivers are not being paid 10 million dollars a season, they're being paid closer to 20 per. 

careful.

you are not elite.

but we expect you to play like an elite homerun hitting 1st rnder witha 30 million dollar signing bonus.

unacceptable bernie sanders GIF by Election 2016

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, Hael said:

Over and over again we've seen that Anderson is not a number one receiver.  

Yet we'd be paying him as a top 5-20 receiver (and no we won't get him for 10m).  I know that everyone always gets scammed in FA, but ask yourselves at what point you start valuing contracts that actually undervalue the player.  That's how you win in this league.  By underpaying players relative to their talent level.

The real clincher for me is that its likely going to be a trade off.  Either you overpay Anderson, or you overpay some OL in FA.  The latter is much more important for this teams long term success, so I think its a no brainer.

At $12m a year that would make Robby the 17th highest paid WR. If we can sign him for $10m we absolutely should. My prediction is 4 years $48m if he hits the open market.

7 hours ago, BCJet said:

Who is a number 1 WR?  Is Tyler Lockett?  What about Sterling Shephard?

There are about 10 "elite" WRs in the league, then there is the next tier where Robby fits and that tier gets paid about $10 million per year.  Half this board last year was clamoring for us to sign Adam Humphries (who makes $9 million per year btw) and he has produced a whopping 37-274-2 line this year while not drawing near the coverage responsibilities that a player with Robby's speed does.  What do we do if we lose him and can't take a Lamb type player in round 1, sign Devin Funchess?

Robby isnt Julio Jones, never will be, and isnt asking for Julio money.  Anything in the $9-11 range is fair money for the player he is.

I agree. Pay the man.

4 hours ago, Lith said:

Tyler Boyd   $10,750,000
John Brown   $9,000,000
Quincy Enunwa $9,000,000

$10 million per is about the going rate for production like Anderson's. Something to be said for keeping a guy who is familiar with the system and the players. That's balanced by him not thinking he's worth more that that, and some sense that he grasps it's time to grow up in a lot of ways. Don't like that he did not make gaining muscle a priority, but appears he has been much more of a professional than he was.