Rumors, Leaks, Reports, Whines, in 2020 Free Agency

jetstream23

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Only if people stop doing retarded things like showing up to Miami for a spring break.... NY's in full blown break out mode... if that happens to other cities in staggered fashion - you're looking at summer 2021 before things regress to normal. 

Don't remind me. They're completely stupid.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Misinformation.  Jets want one of the wrs to fall.

And then there's that.

For all the "inside info" or sources, I would bet the GM and the HC are the only two who know the real draft board and why the hell would those two leak real information to anyone? 

Insiders are taking well designed probabilities given the needs of a team and who could be available.  The idea that someone with a clue is leaking info is more than likely a whole lot of bs

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Here's your backup QB, folks:

Not the upgrade many people were hoping for.

I swear,  this guy was terrible last year... but he knows the system.  two steps forward one step back... IMHO.  THis has AG all of it.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SOJ said:

I swear,  this guy was terrible last year... but he knows the system.  two steps forward one step back... IMHO.  THis has AG all of it.

He didn't play last year except for the blowout against the Raiders...and he didn't attempt a single pass.

One of your back ups should be someone who knows the system.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, King P said:

Wilson is a power-blocking road grader.  A big powerful RT......I just don't see his style fitting what Joe D and the Jets want to do.  The Jets seem to want mobile, nimble, athletic linemen, and it's a benefit if they can play multiple positions (like a swing Tackle that can play both Left and Right if necessary).  Wilson, to me, seems like a bit of a phone booth player who could maybe play OG as well, but he's probably not a pulling guard who gets to the 2nd level and picks off linebackers.  Am I wrong?

Jets announce Van Roten deal as official. 

Pro Football Focus named Van Roten the Panthers' most improved player following the 2019 season and ranked him 15th among left guards. Van Roten is the fifth offensive lineman to reach agreement with the Jets this offseason as general manager Joe Douglas continues to bolster the unit.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Jets announce Van Roten deal as official. 

Pro Football Focus named Van Roten the Panthers' most improved player following the 2019 season and ranked him 15th among left guards. Van Roten is the fifth offensive lineman to reach agreement with the Jets this offseason as general manager Joe Douglas continues to bolster the unit.

I like Jamal Adams but if there's a way to turn him into LT Tyron Smith and a 2nd round pick from the Cowboys I might pull the trigger on that.

LT Tyron Smith - LG Van Roten - C McGovern - RG Winters/Lewis - RT George Fant would be an unreal upgrade of the OLine in just one season.  It would totally unlock the Draft for the Jets in terms of having the #11, two 2nd round picks and two 3rd round picks.  The Jets could (and should) still grab an OT early in the Draft but it would be a guy who would push Fant for the starting spot at RT and also be able to develop as a future LT.

The problem obviously would be the Jets losing their biggest weapon and difference maker on Defense.  In this situation I'd support making a push for Jadeveon Clowney as the "disruptor" and would lean on Marcus Maye to lead our Secondary with some capable guys like Poole and Desir.  The Jets would sign an average veteran SS to replace Adams and could target one in the middle rounds of the Draft.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Wilson is a power-blocking road grader.  A big powerful RT......I just don't see his style fitting what Joe D and the Jets want to do.  The Jets seem to want mobile, nimble, athletic linemen, and it's a benefit if they can play multiple positions (like a swing Tackle that can play both Left and Right if necessary).  Wilson, to me, seems like a bit of a phone booth player who could maybe play OG as well, but he's probably not a pulling guard who gets to the 2nd level and picks off linebackers.  Am I wrong?

I've watched most of his games for UGA. Wilson is immense, talented, still pretty raw with tremendous upside. It would not break my heart to see the Jets draft Thomas in Round 1 and Wilson in Round 3. Put Tee Higgins in between and add Cam Ayers with the other Round 3 pick and you could do a lot worse!

• Upvote 1

Quick question, why are so many on board to trade for Tyron Smith but not Trent Williams?

Seems like the biggest reason most are against Williams is because he has a propensity to get a little banged up and miss a few games every season...but you could say the same about Smith. The last time he played a full 16 game season was in 2015 and he supposedly has degenerative back issues.

Williams would come cheaper in both draft compensation and contract wise.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Raiders' deal with Eli Apple fell through.  They're also signing DB Demarious Randall.  Per Rapoport and Josina Anderson.

Thoughts, @Raideraholic?

The best thing about Eli Apple is he was only 24 years old.   You don’t want him starting at one of the Cb position.    Demarious Randall  is very versatile can play cb, and Fs.   Assume he’s going to be starting Fs with Jonathan Abrams playing Ss. ( signed him for half of what Apple was suppose to get) 

I can’t see the Raiders not in the market for a veteran Cb .   I think Dre Kirkpatrick the Raiders Dc is very familiar with from his days with the Bengals .(knows the defense - he was the probably A big reason why they backed out of Apple signing).   I would expect him or Dennard to eventually be Raiders.     

This will free the Raiders to go in any direction in the draft.      Wr will be one of their picks probably at 12( guaranteed to get Ruggs, Lamb, or Jeudy .

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What a creative way to say that your team has no talent. 

Whatever. Mayock did excellent job upgrading the defense big time in free agency( still has a draft) .  Let’s see premier cover Lb Cory Littleton, and Mlb Nick Kwiatkoski  added Dt  Maliek Collins And De Carl Nassib to a young very talented defense line. 
Strengthen the safety with return of last year number 1 draft choice J Abram , and addition of Demarious Randall ( 16 interceptions in his five year career) . ( added Jeff Heath to the safety depth)    Demarious Randolph can even line up as the nickel cb, freeing L Joyner to play Fs. 

They will get a veteran Cb I say Dre Kirkpatrick .      Than we get  to the draft-  Mike Mayock playground.    

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Whatever. Mayock did excellent job upgrading the defense big time in free agency( still has a draft) .  Let’s see premier cover Lb Cory Littleton, and Mlb Nick Kwiatkoski  added Dt  Maliek Collins And De Carl Nassib to a young very talented defense line. 
Strengthen the safety with return of last year number 1 draft choice J Abram , and addition of Demarious Randall ( 16 interceptions in his five year career) . ( added Jeff Heath to the safety depth)    Demarious Randolph can even line up as the nickel cb, freeing L Joyner to play Fs. 

They will get a veteran Cb I say Dre Kirkpatrick .      Than we get  to the draft-  Mike Mayock playground.    

4-12 at best.

• Upvote 1